Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Remember when all the parks sent out the newsletter saying,

"Summer flys by. Sometimes at record speed!"

I bet it'll break the invert speed record too!

Mer, decoding like a boss.

Speed? possibly.

Inversions? doubt it.

I only seen 6 inversions on the blueprints.

That NoLimits rendering is wrong. You will not go that fast through that last inversion which is most likely a wing over / corkscrew..

Example:

6tng00a95o77ghi04vo02n.jpg

Edit: Oh my, triangle footer!

Is it possible that this new coaster has new ride elements?

Yes (it is possible. Or that it does not. On the other hand it is also possible it will be named Kinzelmonium).

Maybe it will be named "Oh SHHHHH****TTTTTTTTTT" - because that's probably what people will be screaming on the first drop.

(Pardon the language.)

Might as well call it the "Loopty Loop" for Rob Alvey

or Weeeeeeee......Weeeeeee.....Weeeeeee

• Like 1

I officially cannot keep up with this thread. One last post and I'll sit back and watch until the 8th. And then try to keep up with the new ride's dedicated thread.

:)

All I can say is this: what you are in the midst of is a time that does not come around every day (much less every year) for what you consider your home park. Up here at Cedar Point, it had been awhile since we had the fun of guessing, hinting, etc. with Gatekeeper's arrival.

It's Christmas eve at your park, and it's the "big present" you've been waiting for.

So be excellent to each other...and enjoy the moment.

What a great time to be a fan of Kings Island.

• Like 21

Now this is one of the top trending stories on Yahoo!

Holy crap! You're not lying! http://www.yahoo.com/

Is it possible that this new coaster has new ride elements?

Yes (it is possible. Or that it does not. On the other hand it is also possible it will be named Kinzelmonium).

Maybe it will be named "Oh SHHHHH****TTTTTTTTTT" - because that's probably what people will be screaming on the first drop.

(Pardon the language.)

Might as well call it the "Loopty Loop" for Rob Alvey

or Weeeeeeee......Weeeeeee.....Weeeeeee

I do not think we should give that man the honor of having a coaster named after him.

rcwizard13, a sincere Alvey disliker.

I feel bad for the park no matter whether it's real or fake. A lot of hard work and effort goes into planning such things. I think it stinks that someone -although incognito - who made NONE of the decisions is getting attention and glory. The Executive Team at a park works long hours to provide exciting things for their guests. In the Marketing world, this *could be* the equivelant of someone blowing out the candles on YOUR birthday.

That having been said, if it turns out the plans are accurate, then I think the placement of the lift/1st element is perfection! It would appear the *possible* coaster *may* drop off the lift and turn right above where the entrance to Adventure Express is (directly across from the Beir Garden.) Imagine the visuals... both on and off. Great photo ops!

But no matter if these are real or fake... I applaud KI for finally filling the eyesore void left from the vacated KC land. I've been annoyed by that blank spot between Slingshot/Delirium/Go Karts for years!

As far as the naysayers. Be very careful about pre-passing judgement on anything in life... including coasters. I've learned the hard way that criticizing something of which I'm not intimately (Or INTAMINLY... as the case may be...) familiar just makes me look like a darn fool in the long run. Statements such as "It should have been this", "I wont ride it", "It's not what I wanted" or "this would have better if it were this type of coaster" simply demonstrates a lack of forsight, narrowmindedness and immaturity.

Thank God we have people like the Cedar Fair execs that are continuing the long-standing tradition of making KI such a great park. In the past 5 years, I've gotten a tinge of "the old days." Many of you didn't get to experience the early days. In the first 20+ years, the installs fit KI to a "T". Unfortunately the park lost it's direction for a while (IMO) so I am ecstatic to see it returning to it's roots of providing thrills for seekers of all levels and rides of substance and worth.

That's a whole lot of text to admit you were wrong about your B&M Giga prediction Shaggy.

Well, it's not official yet... but if the blueprints are proven true... half right ;-)

That's the good thing about predictions - they can be inaccurate... but they're not harmful to those doing the actual work.

It's okay, I was just as wrong, or as right as you on this one. I would love to spitball ideas about future KI attractions with you, especially in the dreaded offseason. :)

On September 2, 2011, a forum member named PizzaBaby027 (who some here may recall quite fondly, or not) made a prediction for the 2013 season. Now, we're a year late, but I promised to give that member due credence and to post his prediction. Here we go.

I will tell the world, and goodyellowkorn182 you may copy my next statement...." 2013 will introduce a whole new Action Zone, renovation/remodel, a redesign possibly. The worlds tallest and fasted roller coaster will enslave Kings Island, somewhere? The torch shall finally be passed to Kings Island, welcome to the new (Amusement) World Order....Beware my dears!!!!!" Copy it just like that or not at all GoodYellowKorn182

We'll see if he was close (just off by a year) in a few short days.

^^wing coaster

Yeah, no.

As Styx would have said, you're fooling yourself, and you don't believe it.

EDIT: And for the record, if you have an opinion you want to state, state it as such. "Correcting" someone on something few (not including yourself, I'm sure) on KIC know for sure comes off as inconsiderate and arrogant, among other things.

You mean this one? It also says Terpy and Suhr.

999713_10152064329968368_318292431_n.jpg

I thought it said "O'Terpy"' too.

I can only think of that episode of Blackadder where he calls his Scottish cousin with red hair and even more wiry brows to battle a duel for him.

Does Terpy have cantankerous lookalike relatives with a red Afro?

Sorry to pull this one up from this morning.

That definitely says "O'Terpy." The grave on the left says, "O'Suhr" which is a play on my name.

This is a total hat-tilt to KIC, so I wanted to make sure you guys saw it for sure. Maybe a way to thank you for helping to Decode the new ride.

• Like 27

I assume that's a temporary setup...? If so, do you think they'll allow you and Terp to have those props?

I really hope that they put it in the mix with the Haunt graves. I had always joked with them that I wanted my own grave stone... here it is.

Seeing my own tomb isn't scary. It's oddly peaceful. I no longer fear death. :rolleyes:

• Like 10

"Enthusiast of the Blackberry. He blows his nose at iPhones"

Seriously, at the KIC/GOCC event several years back him and Avatar had a debate similar to the Billy Madison bathtub scene about iPhone and Blackberry being better.

• Like 5