Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

"Enthusiast of the Blackberry. He blows his nose at iPhones"

Seriously, at the KIC/GOCC event several years back him and Avatar had a debate similar to the Billy Madison bathtub scene about iPhone and Blackberry being better.

Back then bb was better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

KIC's got ya covered.

Thanks a bunch!
Thanks I won't be albe to sleep till I get the text

The KIC Mobile Club kind of went away. They wanted to start charging you guys for subscribing. Forget that. I imagine if you check our Twitter or FB around 10:10, you'll have your answers.

• Like 1

Guys just listen to what im saying for a minute. Take a defunct NFL team for example. The Baltimore Colts were defunct in 1950 but does that make them no longer a part of NFL history? Same thing with SOB. SOB was a world recognized and known coaster. Im tired of everyone ragging on it

You call it ragging, many would call it reality.Nobody posted anything that was not true of SoB. It was what it was.You want to remember everything that was supposed to be good about SoB on paper, but ended up being demolished because of those same reasons.

Repercussions as in, projects being put on hold/delayed if they blatantly provide inaccurate information in that forum. There are obvious needs for changes, some required by the park/engineering teams, and some by inspectors or representatives of the city. I'm not talking about typical changes. I'm just saying it would be impractical and could potentially cumbersome (not to mention, potentially costly) if they submitted information for approval that was not in line with what their true plans were.

Have any examples of when this happened to a coaster project?

Not specifically on a coaster project, but I have had experience with it happening in construction in multiple southern Ohio municipalities. Not that we intentionally submitted deceiving blue prints, but an individual submitted outdated blue prints for projects I had a vested interest in, only to have projects put on hold and a complete re-approval process required when the issue was realized.

In one case (I am not insinuating KI has done this) a multi-story complex was built to specifications that didn't match the schematics submitted to the municipality and a fine was levied, in addition to further costs to reapply for the proper permits and approvals. In that case, it would have been within the municipality's domain to condemn the structure if they felt it didn't meet standards.

Again, I don't want to imply KI did anything wrong, just saying that filing improper documents this close to construction would be a stretch...

One man's opinion.

Looking back this had been a very good year for KI. Even though I haven't made it to the park this year it's been a lot of fun decoding this ride with you guys. I'm very happy but at the same time sad that we are about to know all of the details, but then the construction comes. And that's fun too!

• Like 1

Thanks for the KIC props, guys. :)

Can you translate the other epitaphs, please? I'd love to hear what they have to say.

A Sturn Combs

Not all is as it seems

Molann MacAuley

The work praises the man.

Rough english equivalant: anything worth doing is worth doing well.

O’Terpy

There is no place like home

O’Suhr

It is the wedge itself that splits the oak.

Stengel

A gihra (listed on stone like a first name, is likely a term of endearment.. not 100%).

The quiet are guilty

O’Donoghue

Nothing without effort (no pain no gain)

-Closest I can come with a little google, old text books, and a dad... after a few drinks even.

• Like 9

Not specifically on a coaster project, but I have had experience with it happening in construction in multiple southern Ohio municipalities. Not that we intentionally submitted deceiving blue prints, but an individual submitted outdated blue prints for projects I had a vested interest in, only to have projects put on hold and a complete re-approval process required when the issue was realized.

In one case (I am not insinuating KI has done this) a multi-story complex was built to specifications that didn't match the schematics submitted to the municipality and a fine was levied, in addition to further costs to reapply for the proper permits and approvals. In that case, it would have been within the municipality's domain to condemn the structure if they felt it didn't meet standards.

Again, I don't want to imply KI did anything wrong, just saying that filing improper documents this close to construction would be a stretch...

One man's opinion.

Yes, see a stop work order ticket slapped on the permit board... Because the building labeled "station" is surely not permitted to become an Applebee's restaurant. I've seen businesses spend 4 months going through board of adjustments because they poured the foundation 4 feet too close to the road.

• Like 1

I definitely know people will be filming the announcement. But does someone think that they can record the whole announcement ( with something better than a cell phone). One of many will not be able to attend the announcement because I will have four less teeth. It would mean the world of someone posted a good video. I have been following since day one.

That's a please.

Sorry, but I just gotta post it. Pay attention to timestamp 3:00:

• Like 1

Hey, just a quick thought: I don't know it this has been discussed or even brought up before (I kinda skimmed through a few of last night's pages), but what does all of this theming mean for the theming of Action Zone as a whole? I'm assuming the theming around the announcement site will carry over to the ride itself, and it may not, but if it does, will Action Zone get a retheme, or will whatever this new ride is stand alone, so-to-say? Probably the latter, but with Cedar Fair's new management, something way in the back of my mind we may be surprised with the former.

Here's something to discuss, if you want to. This post kinda got swallowed up in the hilly-gully conversation last page.

That's what happened with Gatekeeper last year. Somehow it was leaked out before the ride was announced 2 days prior. This also happened with the Sandusky Register newspaper leaking out WindSeeker back in late 2010. I'm sure Don will keep this as secretly locked as possible. By the way, if this is an Inverted roller coaster, does it seem like the rumored layout is short or was SOB just that big?

Remember when all the parks sent out the newsletter saying,

"Summer flys by. Sometimes at record speed!"

I bet it'll break the invert speed record too!

Mer, decoding like a boss.

Speed? possibly.

Inversions? doubt it.

I only seen 6 inversions on the blueprints.

I'm definitely seeing 7 on the blueprints. In order:

Dive Loop

Loop around lift

Zero G

Dive Loop

Immelman

Loop

and another zero G between the two "helixes"

Its possible that one or both of those helixes would be an inclined loop, but its really too hard to tell from the plans. So 7 for sure, possibly 9. For some reason, I think it'll be 8 since its a world record "breaking" and not just a world record.

That's what happened with Gatekeeper last year. Somehow it was leaked out before the ride was announced 2 days prior. This also happened with the Sandusky Register newspaper leaking out WindSeeker back in late 2010. I'm sure Don will keep this as secretly locked as possible. By the way, if this is an Inverted roller coaster, does it seem like the rumored layout is short or was SOB just that big?

I think the leaked layout is a pretty decent size. Yes, SOB was big, but IMO so is this new coaster. No, it's not as big as SOB but it still looks to have a nice ride time. Plus now there's room to expand back behind this new coaster in the future if the park so desires.

• Like 1

Because its a fake blueprint.

hahahahahahahahaha. Someone's in denial. Explain to me how in the world that could be fake?! Anybody who still thinks it is is either an idiot, or is completely delusional, just saying. I mean, the numbers match up, it's been proven to have actual engineering stamps, and has the same stamps and codes as drawings in the city office. People are freakin' crazy...

I'm guessing it would be very easy to counterfeit a blueprint... after all, its done with money every day...

• Like 1

I skipped over a ton that I missed over the last few days, but some thoughts....

Those prints look awfully darn real to me. If they are fake, someone has a background cad file of ki, which would be fun to play with.

Spelling mistakes occur often, we've had stuff misspelled from one job to the next for well over a decade now. When it's trivial, you are worried more about the big picture and minute detail, the people installing are not going to care if the spelling is correct, as long as they know what you are telling them to do.

If the prints are real, ride looks great to me

• Like 1

Drop

overbank

turn

tunnel

hill

overbank

overbank

hill

tunnel

turn

bunny hop

turn

straightaway

overbank

brakes

If YoungStud had his way.

I think YoungStud is entitled to his dream. He has his hopes just like the rest of us. He may not be getting what he wants this time around, but I personally hope the next big coaster is exactly what he's dreaming for.

• Like 3

Remember when all the parks sent out the newsletter saying,

"Summer flys by. Sometimes at record speed!"

I bet it'll break the invert speed record too!

Mer, decoding like a boss.

Speed? possibly.

Inversions? doubt it.

I only seen 6 inversions on the blueprints.

I'm definitely seeing 7 on the blueprints. In order:

Dive Loop

Loop around lift

Zero G

Dive Loop

Immelman

Loop

and another zero G between the two "helixes"

Its possible that one or both of those helixes would be an inclined loop, but its really too hard to tell from the plans. So 7 for sure, possibly 9. For some reason, I think it'll be 8 since its a world record "breaking" and not just a world record.

I do not believe it is a zero g roll between the 2 helixes. I believe that will be a corkscrew.