Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Hey, just a quick thought: I don't know it this has been discussed or even brought up before (I kinda skimmed through a few of last night's pages), but what does all of this theming mean for the theming of Action Zone as a whole? I'm assuming the theming around the announcement site will carry over to the ride itself, and it may not, but if it does, will Action Zone get a retheme, or will whatever this new ride is stand alone, so-to-say? Probably the latter, but with Cedar Fair's new management, something way in the back of my mind we may be surprised with the former.

Maybe if they re-theme Action Zone it will be called Amusement Dark?

MF would not get the capacity it gets without the 3rd train.

millennium force will always be till this day the greatest intanim coaster of all time. It's forcefull, reliable, with great ride capacity, what more can be asked for in a rollercoaster?

Millenium Force< I 305

Boo Blasters on Boo Hill>Millennium

25 million is the highest investment they have made.

Gatekeeper was over $30 million.

I will be streaming the event LIVE the night of the announcement on UStream. Tune into the channel "coastergeek" at 9:55 PM EST.

Repost this the night of, because by that time it will be lost.

I'm pretty sure that $30M price tag included the cost of demolishing and rebuilding the entrance as well.

SOB was not burned but I wonder if some of the wood was used for Dusty's endless supply of toothpicks? After last night, he must had swallowed a whole bunch of them! :)

Ok, that's just straight up hilarious. I wonder if he goes to the Reds Hall of Fame Grill to go pick them up :)
  • Like 1

SOB was not burned but I wonder if some of the wood was used for Dusty's endless supply of toothpicks? After last night, he must had swallowed a whole bunch of them! :)

Ok, that's just straight up hilarious. I wonder if he goes to the Reds Hall of Fame Grill to go pick them up :)
Dusty huh? This reminds me of another sports figure I can't stand, oh yeah, his name is Marvin Lewis. I personally hope some of the SOB wood went to build him a new home in a different city.
  • Like 1

Yeah, of course I'll be happy! But deep down I'll miss the speculation that went along with it. Who knows when the next time something big like this will be going on.

My guess is 4 to 5 years a new coaster, seems to be Cedar Fairs standard now a days!

For the first time in three days I am all caught up on reading the posts. I'm still holding out for my original prediction which was a B&M Dive Machine, however, I wouldn't mind a newer styled and upgraded invert though, maybe an inverted dive? Guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Like 1

Starting to really hope this a floorless or sitdown or possibly a new coaster type

I'm not sure why they'd build another sitdown looper when we already have Vortex and FoF. Besides, in reference to KI, I read something a few weeks ago on another coaster enthusiast forum which said "in 2014 a mountain spirit will be dethroned". Alpengeist is currently the "king of the mountain" when it comes to inverts, and the name Alpengeist literally means "Alpine spirit".

Is it too early to speculate the 2024 coaster yet?

haha i know my post was a little far fetched but I'm curious why the 2014 coaster didn't go beyond the valley....

They may want to use the extra land for a new expansion to the park, including flat rides, shops, and restaurants.

In times past, "record holders" never seemed to last all that long (Top Thrill Dragster/Kinga Ka etc.), but then, of course, with King's Island, we have The Beast and we had Son of Beast, The Bat, King Cobra, and all the others that are/were record holders of some kind for a longer period of time.

So, her is Project 2014. A record breaking attraction. Whatever it is, let us hope that it won't be "one-up'd" the following year by an extra foot or two of height, an extra foot or two of length, an extra mph or two of speed, or an extra inversion just to upset everyone at King's Island.

Just one more thing I wish to add before I sit back in my easy chair.....

If those are the "final" blueprints, why have they been preparing all that extra land beyond the borders of the drawings? More graveyards?

I think someone else mentioned it....maybe the extra prep work is for theming? Or perhaps just preliminary steps toward a future expansion to the park in 2015 and beyond?

I have a strong feeling that this new rollercoaster is going to be the tallest, longest and fastest Dive machine in the world. Think about it. Inverted coasters seem older About 1990s is when the first one appeared. Not to mention that we already have two. Three of the same coaster!?

Flight Deck isn't considered an invert. It's just a suspended coaster. Invertigo isn't a full-circuit invert. And in all fairness, though Flying Ace is an invert, it's on the other side of the park and not exactly a high profile, thrilling coaster.

• Like 2

Starting to really hope this a floorless or sitdown or possibly a new coaster type

I'm not sure why they'd build another sitdown looper when we already have Vortex and FoF. Besides, in reference to KI, I read something a few weeks ago on another coaster enthusiast forum which said "in 2014 a mountain spirit will be dethroned". Alpengeist is currently the "king of the mountain" when it comes to inverts, and the name Alpengeist literally means "Alpine spirit".

Is it too early to speculate the 2024 coaster yet?

haha i know my post was a little far fetched but I'm curious why the 2014 coaster didn't go beyond the valley....

They may want to use the extra land for a new expansion to the park, including flat rides, shops, and restaurants.

In times past, "record holders" never seemed to last all that long (Top Thrill Dragster/Kinga Ka etc.), but then, of course, with King's Island, we have The Beast and we had Son of Beast, The Bat, King Cobra, and all the others that are/were record holders of some kind for a longer period of time.

So, her is Project 2014. A record breaking attraction. Whatever it is, let us hope that it won't be "one-up'd" the following year by an extra foot or two of height, an extra foot or two of length, an extra mph or two of speed, or an extra inversion just to upset everyone at King's Island.

Just one more thing I wish to add before I sit back in my easy chair.....

If those are the "final" blueprints, why have they been preparing all that extra land beyond the borders of the drawings? More graveyards?

I think someone else mentioned it....maybe the extra prep work is for theming? Or perhaps just preliminary steps toward a future expansion to the park in 2015 and beyond?

I have a strong feeling that this new rollercoaster is going to be the tallest, longest and fastest Dive machine in the world. Think about it. Inverted coasters seem older About 1990s is when the first one appeared. Not to mention that we already have two. Three of the same coaster!?

Flight Deck isn't considered an invert. It's just a suspended coaster. Invertigo isn't a full-circuit invert. And in all fairness, though Flying Ace is an invert, it's on the other side of the park and not exactly a high profile, thrilling coaster.

Still holding to the invert? Keep on hanging, No pun intended! Lol