Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Still holding to the invert? Keep on hanging, No pun intended! Lol

Cute pun. ;) I'm not throwing 100% of my full weight of confidence behind it being an invert, but for several months I've been 98% convinced that's what it would be, and I don't see much to make me think otherwise. If we didn't already have Firehawk, I'd be torn between invert and flyer. It could conceivably be a floorless, but I highly doubt it with the parallel footers. And I can't imagine it's a dive coaster with the blueprint showing that many inversions.

• Like 2

Still holding to the invert? Keep on hanging, No pun intended! Lol

Cute pun. ;) I'm not throwing 100% of my full weight of confidence behind it being an invert, but for several months I've been 98% convinced that's what it would be, and I don't see much to make me think otherwise. If we didn't already have Firehawk, I'd be torn between invert and flyer. It could conceivably be a floorless, but I highly doubt it with the parallel footers. And I can't imagine it's a dive coaster with the blueprint showing that many inversions.

While we are setting on by the edge of our seats waiting, I am going to ride some coasters. Cedar Point Monday!
  • Like 2

Trust me, if I were sitting on the edge of the seat I'd probably tip the chair over and hit the floor. I don't trust these desk chairs on rollers. I've broken too many of them. One time I reclined back and kept going. I thought the floor was falling out from under me. I landed on my back, legs up in the air like a woman giving birth. The metal was so fatigued from me leaning back that it actually broke!

• Like 2

Here are pics of the grave stones for those who can't make it to the park.

It will take a few minutes to get this done since I'm on mobile.

http://i.imgur.com/6x0j6kc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sMeCEP9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IYwjgks.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XfVhfjE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/I6PM2IB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gSvcLrB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jVhBgp9.jpg

• Like 1

There are key differences between an inverted coaster and a suspended coaster.

Suspended coasters have mechanisms that allow the cars to swing, accentuating the curves. However, due to that, suspended coasters can't perform inversions, either having to go around them too fast to prevent the cars from falling over or if they go over them too slow, they will fall over and create problems. I think I've read that Arrow put in the swinging initially on The Bat to soak up the curves, which is a reason why the track wasn't banked. Arrow did plan on putting inversions in, but failed miserably (someone correct me if I'm off on things).

B&M and Vekoma improved on this in ridding the cars of the swinging, making them rigid, thus making the cars able to perform inversions. That's why inverted coasters took off WAY more than suspended coasters.

• Like 2

OK I love riding coasters but I don't know all these terms like you all do lol. Could someone please decode the blueprints for me? I have seen them but know nothing about these things. All I can make out is the obvious loops but I hear things like corkscrews and such LOL

If someone could decode the blueprints for me that'd be really cool :) where the entrance will be, queue lines, station, etc.... I can kinda make out what I think is the entrance, queue lines, and station on the blueprints, but again, I don't know how to decode these things like y'all do LOL

• Like 1

Starting to really hope this a floorless or sitdown or possibly a new coaster type

I'm not sure why they'd build another sitdown looper when we already have Vortex and FoF. Besides, in reference to KI, I read something a few weeks ago on another coaster enthusiast forum which said "in 2014 a mountain spirit will be dethroned". Alpengeist is currently the "king of the mountain" when it comes to inverts, and the name Alpengeist literally means "Alpine spirit".

Why wouldn't they?

Why would they build "another" wooden roller coaster since they have Beast, Racer, and Woodstock?

Why build Millennium Force if they already have Magnum?

Why build Maverick if they have Corkscrew?

Why build another hotel if they already have one?

Why WindSeeker if they already had Zephyr?

Why build another bathroom if they already have one?

What ever your answer is to any of the questions I asked, will be the answer to why they WOULD build a sitdown style looping coaster even though they already have Vortex and FOF.

Also...

WHAT IF... "mountain spirit" is being referred to a SFMM? Tatsu is on top of the mountain, right?

0gulo77ghj1tgs379g00ot.jpg

I know it is less likely due to Firehawk, but still, WHAT IF?

• Like 1

I think I might have figured it out if this coaster is in fact an inverted. If those blueprints are in fact real then take a look at the dashed lines I've circled. They look to show what supports go to which footings. Notice the dash lines on the vertical loop through the lift hill?

0frhg8aq6o3ddc6dk0019r-1.jpg

Now look at this picture of Patriot's vertical loop:

89sm0004h4c22mhmgt401i.jpg

It looks as if our coaster will indeed be a B&M invert.

• Like 5

^Nice decoding!

And by looking closely at that image of the blueprint, you can also see that the dashed lines that represent the supports go on the inside of the track of the loop. The dashed lines aren't just tangent to the loop track on the outside, but actually go into the loop itself. This makes it obvious enough that the blueprints show an Invert. Case closed.

I took THE_BEASTmaster's image and added to it. The red line shows the current dashed line for the support and where it touches the track, on the inside of the loop. The blue line shows where a support would touch the track if the coaster was not inverted.

Banshee_zps66bc640a.jpg

If this was a sitting coaster or any type of coaster with normal track, the supports for the loop would touch the track on the outside, not the inside, for example The Incredible Hulk coaster.

hulk-coaster-loop-big.jpg

This type of coaster would have the supports touching the loop at the blue line, while the blueprints have the supports on the inside of the loop at the red line.

No questions about it, this is an invert we're dealing with.

• Like 2

I don't understand why we are still decoding if its an invert. The blue print has the invert part #'s.

Because there are some people on here that still think it could be a flying coaster (which we can rule that out - Firehawk), a floorless coaster, a dive coaster, a wing coaster or a giga.

• Like 3