Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Y'all are wizards at decoding this blueprint. I still can't fully make it out. I kind of get it til the z shapes, then I'm thrown big time!!!!

Hate to double-post (I'm sure somebody else will post by the time I finish typing anyway...) but the Z shapes are loops. think about how a loop would look if you were perfectly above it, and it'll start to make more sense.

• Like 1

Who says we're not getting something that hasn't been done before? Like a new type of inversion trickity trick. I mean, I know King's island wouldn't really like to go with something not a safe bet but you go to take a risk somtimes. ( Okay you don't but I'm just putting it out there they might throw a curve-ball at us. Witch I really hope they do.

Okay, Glenda.

"It's Galinda, with a Ga."

Actually, we're both wrong. It's Glinda, spelled with an "i", but no "Ga".

From Wiki's page on 'Wicked' :

"In an attempt to impress Fiyero, Galinda announces that she will change her name to "Glinda" in honor of Doctor Dillamond's persistent mispronunciation. Fiyero fails to notice and leaves."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicked_%28musical%29

ACT 1, paragraph 6

• Like 1

Y'all are wizards at decoding this blueprint. I still can't fully make it out. I kind of get it til the z shapes, then I'm thrown big time!!!!

Hate to double-post (I'm sure somebody else will post by the time I finish typing anyway...) but the Z shapes are loops. think about how a loop would look if you were perfectly above it, and it'll start to make more sense.

Ohhh ok when you state it like that, yeah it does make sense now! :) thanks for clarifying! :)

More speculation:

I was actually thinking dive machine the other day after looking at the blue prints.

1. We do not know the height of the ride.

2. The turn at the top of the lift could just be a turn, ala SheiKra and Griffon.

3. Dive machines use big swooping valleys at the bottom of their first drop. That would account for the distance between the turn and first inversion.

4. The loop on the blue print that circles the lift looks a bit wide at the base, possibly to allow for a wide train.

5. Depending on how the Maintenance barn is built, 4 dive trains could possibly fit in there. SheiKra for example has 2 maintenance bays that hold 5 trains.

6. A dive machine of this size would hold every world record for dive machines to date. Height, length, number of inversions.

7. Isn't a multi looping dive machine the logical next step? Considering wing trains are almost as wide as the 8 across dive machine trains. Laterals would be similar.

I can not find a Sheikra blue print, but i sure it would look somewhat similar to this new KI blue print. A direct overhead view, without reference to height and such.

Please look at this post real good.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27275-starting-to-decode-2014/?p=540105

I see that.

I also see an extra wide base at the bottom of that loop.

Raptor and Montu's loop is not that wide.

6n600033bgef136188805f.jpg

cfihg008000cfe1ps4coej.jpg

And don't say it is like that because it goes around the lift...

ge1c2g600bo00268n0su26.jpg

I cam calling it.... DIVE MACHINE

Then explain Dragon Challenge.

dragonChallenge.jpg

• Like 1

Ninja.

Six Flags Over Georgia.

I consider that thing at least county breaking.

Well I'm a little late to the criticize Ninja party, but I will say it was one of the worst ride experiences I have ever had. But, there was no line so we stayed on the train and rode it for a second time...and got the same result.

• Like 1

More speculation:

I was actually thinking dive machine the other day after looking at the blue prints.

1. We do not know the height of the ride.

2. The turn at the top of the lift could just be a turn, ala SheiKra and Griffon.

3. Dive machines use big swooping valleys at the bottom of their first drop. That would account for the distance between the turn and first inversion.

4. The loop on the blue print that circles the lift looks a bit wide at the base, possibly to allow for a wide train.

5. Depending on how the Maintenance barn is built, 4 dive trains could possibly fit in there. SheiKra for example has 2 maintenance bays that hold 5 trains.

6. A dive machine of this size would hold every world record for dive machines to date. Height, length, number of inversions.

7. Isn't a multi looping dive machine the logical next step? Considering wing trains are almost as wide as the 8 across dive machine trains. Laterals would be similar.

I can not find a Sheikra blue print, but i sure it would look somewhat similar to this new KI blue print. A direct overhead view, without reference to height and such.

Please look at this post real good.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27275-starting-to-decode-2014/?p=540105

I see that.

I also see an extra wide base at the bottom of that loop.

Raptor and Montu's loop is not that wide.

6n600033bgef136188805f.jpg

cfihg008000cfe1ps4coej.jpg

And don't say it is like that because it goes around the lift...

ge1c2g600bo00268n0su26.jpg

I cam calling it.... DIVE MACHINE

Then explain Dragon Challenge.

dragonChallenge.jpg

Clearance for if 2 trains were to pass each other at this point. You do not want people to hi 5 the other people at a compbined speed of 100 + mph.

Dragons was designed as a dueling coaster, however, the red track is longer. Thus was more prone to block a the top of the lift hill when running a 3 train op on each track. The blue side would continue, then the red side would start back up once the block was clear. Thus passing here was possible. (Experienced several times)

The red side would have to be early at this section, but on the other side of the loops it would have to be late.

They don't run them simultaneously anymore though.

I'm sure I will get bashed for this but the worst ride experiences I ever had:

1. SoB - DANG I hated that thing!!!! Beat the heck out of me, I was in so much pain. I cried....

2. Greased Lightning - two words: shoulder. harness!!!! If ever a ride needed them, it was that!!! I screamed in fear bc I really thought I was going to fall out. It sure felt like I was!!!! Maybe that lap bar was enough for larger people but not small people like me!!!

I hated both and are glad both are gone!!!

I hate to agree with YoungStud, but...this almost certainly looks like an invert. The layout looks like a miniature Montu, which I think is a VERY good thing. The blueprints have made me even more excited for the announcement on Thursday, not less. I'm eager to see the theme, name, specifications of this ride.

• Like 5

Whoever claimed we weren't posting enough tonight... *coughjcgoble3cough* ...sure is getting his fill now. I can't keep up with you guys.

If you were to draw an overhead layout of a coaster, what would the loop look like? Here's a picture of the loops on Vortex. Notice the "Z" shape.

fbyp.jpg

Who says we're not getting something that hasn't been done before? Like a new type of inversion trickity trick. I mean, I know King's island wouldn't really like to go with something not a safe bet but you go to take a risk somtimes. ( Okay you don't but I'm just putting it out there they might throw a curve-ball at us. Witch I really hope they do.

Okay, Glenda.

"It's Galinda, with a Ga."

Actually, we're both wrong. It's Glinda, spelled with an "i", but no "Ga".

From Wiki's page on 'Wicked' :

"In an attempt to impress Fiyero, Galinda announces that she will change her name to "Glinda" in honor of Doctor Dillamond's persistent mispronunciation. Fiyero fails to notice and leaves."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicked_%28musical%29

ACT 1, paragraph 6

I'm talking about Glinda the Good Witch from "The Wizard of Oz". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wizard_of_Oz_(1939_film)

Anything else?

• Like 3

I hate to agree with YoungStud, but...this almost certainly looks like an invert. The layout looks like a miniature Montu, which I think is a VERY good thing. The blueprints have made me even more excited for the announcement on Thursday, not less. I'm eager to see the theme, name, specifications of this ride.

While not OFFICIALLY announced, I have yet to hear anyone argue that the name WON'T be Banshee :) that's what I'm calling it, because that's what I believe it is lol.

• Like 1

Whoever claimed we weren't posting enough tonight... *coughjcgoble3cough* ...sure is getting his fill now. I can't keep up with you guys.

Lol!!!! I can't keep up either!!! Every few seconds I get several pop-up notifications about replies!!

• Like 1

While not OFFICIALLY announced, I have yet to hear anyone argue that the name WON'T be Banshee :) that's what I'm calling it, because that's what I believe it is lol.
Some have jokingly said "Corn" or "Hooters". In all honesty, I'm still on the "Hooters" fan wagon.
  • Like 4

On the verge of finding coaster height, anyone know what the elevation of the park is, or even better, right where thunder alley use to be?

?Anyone?

752 feet according to this site. http://www.daftlogic.com/sandbox-google-maps-find-altitude.htm

Thanks! Darn, I thought I was onto something when I saw "Ride Manufactures elevation 755ft MSL" on the blueprints. Thanks for looking.

If you were to draw an overhead layout of a coaster, what would the loop look like? Here's a picture of the loops on Vortex. Notice the "Z" shape.

Posted Image

Ooh thanks for sharing! Much clearer now that I see that image vs trying to imagine it in my head!!! Very nice!

• Like 1