Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I will say, Dive Machines pack more punch than expected. I say again, the track is double-wide, so pictures can't capture the scale or scope of them, given that we're used to a particular perspective based on the track width we see every day (EDIT: that is to say, it appears literally half its height due to our expectations based on the track... in person, they're much more obvious about their size). The ten-across trains are absolutely awe-inspiring as you see them roaring around. And while coasters have gotten steeper, the experience of say - Maverick or one of those 110-degree Eurofighters - is absolutely incomparable to a Dive Machine; nothing in common whatsoever in terms of sensation or presence.

YoungStud, have you ever ridden one? You'd be surprised how many cite Griffon as one of their favorite roller coasters ever, even given how deceivingly simple it looks. Try it before you knock it. (And folks who have been on both Oblivion and SheiKra, which you posted above, would probably almost all say they prefer SheiKra - I know I do.)

• Like 6

I am calling it.... you're delusional if you don't think this is an Invert.. Not even a debate at this point. Arguing against this proven fact is idiocy.
I tried not to reply, but had to... Your post attacking someone AND calling them names is completly unacceptable. I would love to see your engineering degree that says this is without a doubt 100% inverted. This topic is for speculation and everyone should be entitled to their opinion without being called an idiot, which shows how mature you are.

Umm, okay. You can come see my degree, I have taken classes on analyzing structures, metals, forces, stresses, materials, whatnot. But more importantly than that, the one Engineering thing you may need to know to "prove" it's an invert is to be able to interpret a simple drawing or schematic. Which in this case, is pretty easy. The codes on the drawing exactly match the Invert supports. So on top of seeing a clearly inverted layout, you also see support drawings and codes matching the "theory." Now with literally NO evidence to support this being any other type if design, how could your claim be anything without it being considered a pipe dream. I didn't mean to be attacking, but I tend to curb people from be unrealistically hopeful of something that we already know they won't get. Now maybe it's different cause I don't live out in Ohio, I am no fanboy by any means, I'm just purely interested in coasters. Nothing I said was "calling names" but rather stating fact, albeit in a blunt way. Ban me, I don't know who's a mod or what, so if I see a stupid post, I may call it out.

Anyway, the next week can be cool, I mean, the most interesting part about the plans is analyzing the layout, You can generally tell how high the track is at a certain element by how far the supports reach from it. It's easier to see the supports in the second half of the video where it only shows Banshee and not the rest of the park. That's the type of speculating that isn't counter productive. *coughassumingitsadivemachinecough*

Carry on...

Then use your degree and decode why the entrance and exit of the loop are so far from each other.

I have given a well thought out explanation, and posted photos to back up my thoughts.

I also do not think the loop goes around the lift, I think the loop will be beneath it.

Everything is speculation until the announcement.

Remember when everyone thought Diamondback was going to be a dive machine because of the water brake?

I an running out to CSF in a few moments. I will report what I see.

• Like 2

Just left Clermont Steel Fabricators. Pulled in the lot, took a lot of pics on my camera, took three with my cell phone. Here is what I saw....

What appears to be blue support posts:Posted Image

A lot of un-primed un-painted DEFINITELY looking like invert track pieces:

Posted Image

One primed and painted GREEN track piece:

Posted Image

Lots more better photos to come when I get home.

Enjoy, and you all are very welcome LOL

• Like 14

I'm looking forward to being there myself. For those of you saying that this roller coaster might have an underground tunnel, where would they do that part of the ride at? Also wouldn't this cause the layout of the ride to take longer to be built? Especially with underground work?

No one has answered me yet. Please!

Speaking on the topic of dive machines, I made my first trip to BGW this year and went into Griffon with low expectations.

Wow, was I wrong.

The first drop is one of the best first drops on any roller coaster I have ridden. Followed by the immelman which made me slightly gray out (forceless I think not). Then the second half which has another great drop and immelman and a few pops of ejector air.

It blew my expectations away and I am glad it did. I preferred Alpengeist so you can guess which type of coaster I am hoping to see. :)

• Like 5

I'm looking forward to being there myself. For those of you saying that this roller coaster might have an underground tunnel, where would they do that part of the ride at? Also wouldn't this cause the layout of the ride to take longer to be built? Especially with underground work?

No one has answered me yet. Please!

Well they are starting early enough.

I have been in the front row on sheikra and griffon. If I am going to ride a one trick pony I would rather ride a intamin rocket. That's just me though.

Kingda Ka has two tricks. (The second is an "airtime" hill that has no more airtime than any element on any B&M coaster ever made, including Iron Wolf).

• Like 2

Makes me wonder why they kept up King Cobra's old supports. Maybe they're using those for theming purposes. :wacko:

Where was King Cobra at? They took it out while I was still a kid, I don't really remember it.

It's amazing how after seeing the blueprints, the layout becomes so clear. The immelmann, the loop, lift, etc. Also, I can't see it squeezing any more than 120-130 feet out of the lift hill in that small a space.

How come? Why cannot they make this as tall as Alpengeist?