Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I will say, Dive Machines pack more punch than expected. I say again, the track is double-wide, so pictures can't capture the scale or scope of them, given that we're used to a particular perspective based on the track width we see every day (EDIT: that is to say, it appears literally half its height due to our expectations based on the track... in person, they're much more obvious about their size). The ten-across trains are absolutely awe-inspiring as you see them roaring around. And while coasters have gotten steeper, the experience of say - Maverick or one of those 110-degree Eurofighters - is absolutely incomparable to a Dive Machine; nothing in common whatsoever in terms of sensation or presence.

YoungStud, have you ever ridden one? You'd be surprised how many cite Griffon as one of their favorite roller coasters ever, even given how deceivingly simple it looks. Try it before you knock it. (And folks who have been on both Oblivion and SheiKra, which you posted above, would probably almost all say they prefer SheiKra - I know I do.)

SheiKra is the most boring coaster I've ever ridden (or was until I rode GateSleeper). Being held at the top of the drop is nothing more than a gimmick. I would much rather wait an hour for Maverick than walk on to a Dive Machine.

• Like 2

I'm in the inverted camp firmly, but just for speculations sake, could they build or would there even be a reason to build a wing rider where it hung below the track? Could that prevent the need for dual side loading and speed up load times?

I'm in the inverted camp firmly, but just for speculations sake, could they build or would there even be a reason to build a wing rider where it hung below the track? Could that prevent the need for dual side loading and speed up load times?

Did you see the pics of the coaster track I just posted on page 564?? Definitely doesn't look like wing rider track. Looks like invert track.

• Like 1

Did you see the pics of the coaster track I just posted on page 564?? Definitely doesn't look like wing rider track. Looks like invert track.

Could you show me a pic of what wing rider track where the car hung below the track would look like? Or what the b&m code for it would be? Did you read my post at all?

Could you show me a pic of what wing rider track where the car hung below the track would look like? Or what the b&m code for it would be? Did you read my post at all?

Wow. Chill out. No need to be rude at all! :angry: And yes I did read, but the track shape and size doesn't look nearly wide enough for a wing rider. As far as hung below the track like flight deck, it could very well be that, as the two types of track are very similar, but I am calling invert because if they are looking for a unique, different ride to put in Action Zone, a full invert would fit the bill versus suspended. Invertigo is not a full invert, and Flight Deck is your suspended coaster, so a full invert would fit well for unique. That and I just can't picture a suspended coaster being able to handle that many inversions... or any... but that's just me.

Also why would there be an invert part number on the blueprints (assuming, again, those are real, which I and many others believe they are....) if it was going to be something other than invert? As much as I would love a wing rider, I don't think we are going to see that for Banshee.

• Like 1

Does anyone else see a black piece of track back there behind those trucks?

I think our colors could be black and blue.

IMG_3475.jpg

Yeah I was wondering if those were support beams (figured they were). I was wondering why they were black, but was thinking maybe, like the track, they haven't been finished yet? Though if they are unfinished they need to finish soon b/c they'll be going in I'm guessing starting at the end of the month, as soon as daily operation is done for the season and they go back to weekends.

Hey guys, just a helpful suggestion: Unless it's necessary to make your point, please refrain from quoting long posts which contain multiple photos.

CP used a similar "World Record" when WT was built:

The only park with 3 coasters over 200'.

With the addition of Wicked Twister, Cedar Point will be the only amusement park in the world to stake claim to having three roller coasters above 200 feet tall: the 205-foot-tall Magnum XL-200 (1989); the 310-foot-tall Millennium Force (2000) and now the 215-foot-tall Wicked Twister. This twisted scream machine will also be the eighth world-record-breaking ride Cedar Point has introduced since debuting the world-renowned Magnum XL-200 roller coaster in 1989. Plus, Wicked Twister will be the eighth roller coaster the park has added during this same time period.

http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/coasters/new02/cp_wickedtwister/cp_wicked_pr.shtml

Ugh....semantics.

I'm sorry...really...but I don't see the connection. All I see in the article is a reference to how CP would be the only park in the world with 3 coasters over 200'. I suppose, yes, that was a world record for a park, but maybe I'm missing something in what you guys are saying. I mean, at that time, WT was announced to be the world's tallest and fastest twisting impulse coaster....ie. a world record-breaking attraction.
That is not an article, but the press release from CP themselves.

You're going to nitpick the word I used in reference to the link you posted? Really? I call things like that "articles". If you understood what I meant, I got my point across. I'm not part of the literary intelligentsia, so is there anything else you want to correct me on?

I had many classes in whatnot. Over time, they've proven most useful.

Was that you I saw in the "Whatnot" classroom? I was studying "This and That" in the lab right across the hall. Small world!

• Like 8

Banshee is going to be a large coaster!!!!

What park is getting a coaster named Banshee?

*face palm* I'm not even gonna waste my energy explaining this one....

I'm out. Too much tension and bickering today for my liking.

Does anyone else see a black piece of track back there behind those trucks?

I think our colors could be black and blue.

Yeah I was wondering if those were support beams (figured they were). I was wondering why they were black, but was thinking maybe, like the track, they haven't been finished yet? Though if they are unfinished they need to finish soon b/c they'll be going in I'm guessing starting at the end of the month, as soon as daily operation is done for the season and they go back to weekends.

I think you're confused about what I'm talking about. Here this should help.

track2_zps14ec02c9.jpg

• Like 2

I'm loving being a fly on the wall here. Some "possibly true" blueprints get leaked, and all of a sudden everyone is an expert and knows everything about the ride. Settle down, 15 year olds :)

-Dvo, patiently waiting for Thursday.

• Like 16

Banshee is going to be a large coaster!!!!

What park is getting a coaster named Banshee?
*face palm* I'm not even gonna waste my energy explaining this one....

I'm out. Too much tension and bickering today for my liking.

You could have just answered the question.

"I don't know" would have been an honest answer until Thursday night.

Discussin' needn't involve assuming suppositions are facts and dismissing those who don't do likewise. Failure to agree is not bickering.

• Like 6

Actually, there is a flying coaster in China that uses one loading platform and not the dual type....this could actually be a flyer and not an invert...

http://rcdb.com/8983.htm?p=0

You might want to turn the volume down unless you want to hear bizarre and useless commentary.

• Like 2

Wow. Chill out. No need to be rude at all! :angry: And yes I did read, but the track shape and size doesn't look nearly wide enough for a wing rider. As far as hung below the track like flight deck, it could very well be that, as the two types of track are very similar, but I am calling invert because if they are looking for a unique, different ride to put in Action Zone, a full invert would fit the bill versus suspended. Invertigo is not a full invert, and Flight Deck is your suspended coaster, so a full invert would fit well for unique. That and I just can't picture a suspended coaster being able to handle that many inversions... or any... but that's just me.

Also why would there be an invert part number on the blueprints (assuming, again, those are real, which I and many others believe they are....) if it was going to be something other than invert? As much as I would love a wing rider, I don't think we are going to see that for Banshee.

So you saw the part where I said I was firmly in the Invert camp and was just speculating about if they could or would build a wing rider that hung under the track? My question wasn't even about what we are getting, but you still responded asking if I had seen your photos and that clearly it was inverted track.

Actually, there is a flying coaster in China that uses one loading platform and not the dual type....this could actually be a flyer and not an invert...

Maybe dual station was the wrong terminology. I was referring to how on Gatekeeper they have to load the train from the same side you unload as the car and track are in the way. I was just wondering if they had the car hang from the track if they could make it so you could pass through and speed the loading process.

• Like 1

here's all the pics I took at Clermont Steel Fabricators. There are 16 total so I figured I would just link to the album vs. putting 16 photos on here....

http://s7.photobucket.com/user/Kat_thecatlover/library/KI%202014%20Coaster

Kat, I know you're new to the site, but KIC recently had a MAJOR issue which involved the subject of people trespassing where they don't belong. It caused some trouble for the site, and no one here wants that to happen again.

I know I'm not the forum police or anything, but I just want to issue a friendly reminder to people - everyone - that they should NOT be trespassing in order to get photos.