Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I'm in the inverted camp firmly, but just for speculations sake, could they build or would there even be a reason to build a wing rider where it hung below the track? Could that prevent the need for dual side loading and speed up load times?

Actually, there is a flying coaster in China that uses one loading platform and not the dual type....this could actually be a flyer and not an invert...

Maybe dual station was the wrong terminology. I was referring to how on Gatekeeper they have to load the train from the same side you unload as the car and track are in the way. I was just wondering if they had the car hang from the track if they could make it so you could pass through and speed the loading process.

Fair enough! :D

Does anyone else see a black piece of track back there behind those trucks?

I think our colors could be black and blue.

IMG_3475.jpg

Yeah I was wondering if those were support beams (figured they were). I was wondering why they were black, but was thinking maybe, like the track, they haven't been finished yet? Though if they are unfinished they need to finish soon b/c they'll be going in I'm guessing starting at the end of the month, as soon as daily operation is done for the season and they go back to weekends.

Perhaps those are primed with paint for the actual color to come later.

here's all the pics I took at Clermont Steel Fabricators. There are 16 total so I figured I would just link to the album vs. putting 16 photos on here....

http://s7.photobucket.com/user/Kat_thecatlover/library/KI%202014%20Coaster

Kat, I know you're new to the site, but KIC recently had a MAJOR issue which involved the subject of people trespassing where they don't belong. It caused some trouble for the site, and no one here wants that to happen again.

I know I'm not the forum police or anything, but I just want to issue a friendly reminder to people - everyone - that they should NOT be trespassing in order to get photos.

She didn't trespass. She said she took them from her car on the public drive.

here's all the pics I took at Clermont Steel Fabricators. There are 16 total so I figured I would just link to the album vs. putting 16 photos on here....

Kat, I know you're new to the site, but KIC recently had a MAJOR issue which involved the subject of people trespassing where they don't belong. It caused some trouble for the site, and no one here wants that to happen again.

I know I'm not the forum police or anything, but I just want to issue a friendly reminder to people - everyone - that they should NOT be trespassing in order to get photos.

She didn't say she remained in the car. She just said she pulled in the lot. Some of those areas in the photos are in the back area of the property on the side of the building, and they're over 500' away from the parking lot which is in front of the office. I'll concede she may have used a good zoom lense.

I'm not bashing. I'm just humbly advising. ;)

People would ride the new flyer once then head back to Firehawk cause its a better coaster.

Oh come on now, don't start making presumptions for other people. The only reason Firehawk has a line all day is because it has the worst capacity out of all types of coasters.

• Like 5

But yeah, no matter what I surly hope nobody tries to get information of any sort illegally because

1. If there was rules for this investigation that would break the rules and it some what spoil it.

2. When one person breaks the law others too may follow just because they may not know it is illegal or may think it's safe.

Also, I know no of us has bad intention or anything but no matter what if you break the law you break it.

We're only humans and coaster enthusiast!

About the pictures tho. Some of those track pieces are huge!! I wander if the coaster will be blue and dark grey/black. Oh well! time will tell. :) Then again that grey/black track piece could be like the green piece and be no good.

I've been on both Superman at Six Flags Great America (B&M Flying) and Firehawk (Flying Dutchman) at KI. I don't know that I can accurately compare one to the other (as I rode Superman 5 years ago (can't believe it's been that long!) and I rode Firehawk almost two weeks ago), but I will say they are both unique in their own ways (that being said, I don't know that I have a favorite between the 2). I will say, however, that Superman's pretzel loop reminded me of Firehawk's vertical loop.

She didn't say she remained in the car. She just said she pulled in the lot. Some of those areas in the photos are in the back area of the property on the side of the building, and they're over 500' away from the parking lot which is in front of the office. I'll concede she may have used a good zoom lense.

K this I will respond to. I went to CSF and pulled into the lot next to the actual factory that said visitors lot. I took the risk upon myself to take photos knowing full well I could get cops called on me. That's why when I mentioned last night about going there today I didn't mention what time. I figured there wouldn't be anyone there on a Sunday, but already decided in advance if there was I wouldn't be stopping. There was no one there.

I got out of the car and for the most part stayed on the grassy hill next to the gravel lot of the factory.

I used an 18-55mm zoom lens for pics of the truck right up front to get full length shots. I used an 80-200mm zoom lens for more close up shots of the track on the truck up front so y'all could see details, and used the same 80-200mm lens to get pics of the rust colored track, the stuff in the back of the building and the trucks at the far end of the lot.

I knew even being in the visitors lot I could have gotten in trouble for trespassing and I took that risk upon myself.

No one on this forum encouraged me to go there :) my brother told me that B&M uses CSF for their North American coasters and my fiancé grew up in Williamsburg and is familiar with the area and knew exactly where to go :)

I did this partly to give you all cool new pics and partly bc I am a very curious person and wanted to see for myself.

• Like 3

K this I will respond to. I went to CSF and pulled into the lot next to the actual factory that said visitors lot. I took the risk upon myself to take photos knowing full well I could get cops called on me. That's why when I mentioned last night about going there today I didn't mention what time. I figured there wouldn't be anyone there on a Sunday, but already decided in advance if there was I wouldn't be stopping. There was no one there.

I got out of the car and for the most part stayed on the grassy hill next to the gravel lot of the factory.

I used an 18-55mm zoom lens for pics of the truck right up front to get full length shots. I used an 80-200mm zoom lens for more close up shots of the track on the truck up front so y'all could see details, and used the same 80-200mm lens to get pics of the rust colored track, the stuff in the back of the building and the trucks at the far end of the lot.

I knew even being in the visitors lot I could have gotten in trouble for trespassing and I took that risk upon myself.

No one on this forum encouraged me to go there :) my brother told me that B&M uses CSF for their North American coasters and my fiancé grew up in Williamsburg and is familiar with the area and knew exactly where to go :)

I did this partly to give you all cool new pics and partly bc I am a very curious person and wanted to see for myself.

If you want me to delete the post and links to the pics so no one gets in trouble I will. No one but myself influenced my decision to go there and take pics. I never meant to cause trouble or risk this site or anyone on here getting in trouble.

Anyone think The Bat references could be kind of a historical comparison? The Bat was a failed design whose site that Vortex, a world breaking coaster, grew out of. Now we again have a failed coaster's site that is sprouting a world record coaster. Doubtful that is the intention, but it is interesting nonetheless.

I can somewhat see what you're saying, SoB was also a world breaking coaster.

• Like 1

I have ridden 3 Superman flyers this season, and Firesuck.

Also, have ridden Manta in the past.

Firebird does not hold a candle to the B&M flyers.

The loop on Firecrotch is good, but the pretzel loops on B&M flyers are epic.

Also, in my travels, I have noticed B&M flyers have much better capacity than Vekoma Flying Trash cans.

Manta>Superman>Fireball :D

• Like 2

I think the other thing we aren't considering is how high up off the ground will the ride actually start. If the station is 25ft off the ground to begin with we could very well be looking at a 200'+ lift hill. Does anyone know the height of Talon's station? I know it's pretty high up.

• Like 4

I'm in the inverted camp firmly, but just for speculations sake, could they build or would there even be a reason to build a wing rider where it hung below the track? Could that prevent the need for dual side loading and speed up load times?

Take a minute to imagine what the support structure for such a coaster would look like.

Take a minute to imagine what the support structure for such a coaster would look like.

That could be the killer of the idea. It would be similar to an inverted, but would have to be wider and much beefier. Might make it impractical or too expensive.

I'm loving being a fly on the wall here. Some "possibly true" blueprints get leaked, and all of a sudden everyone is an expert and knows everything about the ride. Settle down, 15 year olds :)

-Dvo, patiently waiting for Thursday.

Hey now, not everyone on here is 15.. I'm 16. Joke, joke.

--

and I honestly don't see this ride being incredibly high, I see it as a standard height for an invert.

• Like 2

If you want me to delete the post and links to the pics so no one gets in trouble I will. No one but myself influenced my decision to go there and take pics. I never meant to cause trouble or risk this site or anyone on here getting in trouble.

That's not my call to make. I know you've been very curious about this new coaster, but you know the saying: Curiosity killed the cat. ;)

Just don't want you, anyone else, or KIC, to get in trouble. It's only 4 days until the announcement, so at this point it's probably best for everyone to just sit back and be patient. It won't be much longer until we know what it is.

• Like 3

I went to CSF and pulled into the lot next to the actual factory that said visitors lot. I took the risk upon myself to take photos knowing full well I could get cops called on me.

If any of your photos were taken from an area you weren't authorized to be at, those should be removed from this forum ASAP.

A parking lot marked as a "visitor lot" certainly doesn't authorize walking about the premises.

Even entering the visitor lot without a reason to be there is disruptive and could be considered trespassing. Especially if you drive into it when you know the facility is closed.

Please, let's respect the park and its suppliers. Stay out of all private property owned by Clermont Steel Fabricators.

• Like 5

Breaking a entering means crossing over something, typically a fence, river onto a property, etc. A parking lot is fair game IMO. If it was illegal there would be a gate there in the front.

So many cop wannabees on this board.

As opposed to lawyer wanna-bes?

The question was not breaking and entering, but trespassing.

• Like 7