Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I thought the whole point for giving the ride the name Banshee is because SOB was torn down, or so called killed as you would have it. so now the Banshee appears and begins wailing over the SOB's death. That explains the Gaelic writing on the gravestones a Banshee is referred from Irish mythology, she appears This coaster is almost like the continuance of The Beast story. But I also believe the Banshee name could be a diversion, one of the gravestones written in Gaelic translation says "its not all that it seems".. .remember a Banshee appears before death not after. A lot of people thougnt Diamondback was going to be called Mustang. And there was many clues that would support that name.

• Like 4

Is there something I don't know...

I think there is a lot you don't know. Firstly, construction is nowhere near finished on the new ride. There is no way it would be open for this years Haunt.

Secondly, I don't think KI is going to open a roller coaster just for the Haunt and not the rest of season.

Thirdly, all the scary theming serves one of two purposes:

1. Hint at the ride being called Banshee (do your research on this)

OR

2. Throw us WAY off the path of what this coaster is going to be.

My friend said the ride was going to be called "Intamin." Or something like that. And why would they be putting SCARY stuff in the Action Zone if its not for the Halloween Haunt?

Themeing, Build up, Hype, Excitement, doing what should be done, Banshee. :P Why can't they have a scary themed ride without it being haunt related? Not all of us can or goto the haunt so why not have something scary them year around. Just adds to the park. :)

Maybe you guys all think the scary stuff is for the new roller coaster but its really for a new Halloween Haunt.......

Well it is possible they could be using it up until the announcement but they'll either give those props ( head stone) to they people they refer to, use them with the ride ( Witch I hope) or could use them for the haunt this year! No need to waste!

I should say this about the posts I've recently put. I'm just joking, I seriously don't think it would be lollipop themed EVER, I just needed a laugh. (if it was they could just rename Action Zone to candy land) but i have a serious question, is there any other Cedar Fair trademarks that aren't being used?

There are bunches! You can see many of their trademarks here:

http://www.trademarkia.com/company-cedar-fair-lp-222594-page-1-2

The Fastpay one intrigues me. Could we be seeing something like Holicash at Cedar Fair parks in the future?

Edit: Apparently Dorney Park is already test marketing this. Interesting. I doubt I'd use it, but more available amenities can never be bad.

Looks like you found it, but here's a link to the thread on Dorney's FastPay: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27469-dorney-parkwallet-free/

I thought the whole point for giving the ride the name Banshee is because SOB was torn down, or so called killed as you would have it. so now the Banshee appears and begins wailing over the SOB's death. That explains the Gaelic writing on the gravestones a Banshee is referred from Irish mythology, she appears This coaster is almost like the continuance of The Beast story. But I also believe the Banshee name could be a diversion, one of the gravestones written in Gaelic translation says "its not all that it seems".. .remember a Banshee appears before death not after. A lot of people thougnt Diamondback was going to be called Mustang. And there was many clues that would support that name.

I like your theory! :)

Do any B&M Inverts have a zero-car? Someone else had said it would be cool if we had themed trains like Gatekeeper, but I'm pretty sure no B&M invert that I know of has a zero-car. Perhaps there's a first time for everything. Or we could just see themed wheel guards like on Afterburn.

Do any B&M Inverts have a zero-car? Someone else had said it would be cool if we had themed trains like Gatekeeper, but I'm pretty sure no B&M invert that I know of has a zero-car. Perhaps there's a first time for everything. Or we could just see themed wheel guards like on Afterburn.

The front car could be themed like Dueling Dragons where the front four riders sit in the Dragons mouth....in our case the supposed Banshee's mouth.

http://rcdb.com/558.htm?p=2082

I had never heard of a zero car before, but a search showed that apparently alpengeist has one:

http://coasterbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/discussion-on-the-zero-car

And indeed it appears to have a zero car:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2159/2338951825_95999be9c3.jpg

A 'zero car' is that set of wheels you see on the front of most B&M's. Zero refers to the fact that each car on a train has a number, but since its a 'car' on the train without seats, it gets the term 'zero car'.

The part of Diamondback's trains with the snake eyes and fangs, that's a zero car.

• Like 2

I should say this about the posts I've recently put. I'm just joking, I seriously don't think it would be lollipop themed EVER, I just needed a laugh. (if it was they could just rename Action Zone to candy land) but i have a serious question, is there any other Cedar Fair trademarks that aren't being used?

There are bunches! You can see many of their trademarks here:

http://www.trademarkia.com/company-cedar-fair-lp-222594-page-1-2

The Fastpay one intrigues me. Could we be seeing something like Holicash at Cedar Fair parks in the future?

Edit: Apparently Dorney Park is already test marketing this. Interesting. I doubt I'd use it, but more available amenities can never be bad.

I noticed something interesting while scrolling though the various CF trademarks. Every name that eventually is given to a new ride is listed as "Metal Key Chains", I vividly remember the arguments on this very same thread which were centered around the name of the 2014 coaster not being Banshee because that trademark was only for metal key chains. Seems funny in retrospect that by just looking at the list of all new CF rides, that argument would be silenced quickly.

• Like 1

My friend said the ride was going to be called "Intamin." Or something like that.

I'd also like to use this post as the official starting point for my petition to name the alleged 2019 Giga as "intamin"--it gets straight to the point.

better yet, with the tribute tombstones to the well known members of KIC, why not "Youngstud's intamin giga"

• Like 2

But what are the "NO CAMPING" signs for? That's the only thing I haven't figured out yet.

I know!!!

Would you camp in a graveyard?

(Catching up) ooh!!!! Excellent point!! :)

A 'zero car' is that set of wheels you see on the front of most B&M's. Zero refers to the fact that each car on a train has a number, but since its a 'car' on the train without seats, it gets the term 'zero car'.

The part of Diamondback's trains with the snake eyes and fangs, that's a zero car.

AKA "pilot coach"

All B&M's have them. They serve the same purpose, steering the train around the track.

Also Vekoma SLC's and junior inverteds have a pilot coach, but they are located in the rear of the train. Check out Flying Ace and Invertigo next time you are at the park. The pilot coach on Invertigo is toward the parking lot when the train is loading and unloading.

On Raptor, Dominator, Superman, and Montu for example, row 1 and 2 are the pilot coach.

This is the reason for the zero car on Alpie! Montu has a spare zero car that they throw on in place of row 1 during film shoots.

mo1a.jpg

• Like 2

^Complete with tagline: "Youngstud: The Intamin Giga to End All Intamin Gigas."

Edited to remove typos.

Above right at the start of the lift hill when you are leaving the station is a massive picture of his Avi, updated to the on ride photo from the new ride

Okay so turns out I was wrong, I posted in BB1's goodbye thread stating that the "rumors of next years attraction threads" usually dont bring on an intense mood change on KIC, but at last you guys have proven me wrong! We got people in this topic from wannabe mod patrolling, accusing people of being criminals, hosting the first ever roller coaster 2014 of Kings Island jeopardy, slandering others names....

Im sure the list could go on, but cant we all just wait til August 8th? enough with the finger pointing of who got the best photo of the blue supports or who didnt trepass to snap a photo of the supports. I think I speak for many when I say, take a chill pill.

• Like 5

Okay so turns out I was wrong, I posted in BB1's goodbye thread stating that the "rumors of next years attraction threads" usually dont bring on an intense mood change on KIC, but at last you guys have proven me wrong! We got people in this topic from wannabe mod patrolling, accusing people of being criminals, hosting the first ever roller coaster 2014 of Kings Island jeopardy, slandering others names....

Im sure the list could go on, but cant we all just wait til August 8th? enough with the finger pointing of who got the best photo of the blue supports or who didnt trepass to snap a photo of the supports. I think I speak for many when I say, take a chill pill.

true that brotha, at this point there is not point or fun on trying to decode anymore, the truth will be revealed in less than a week... It's time we starting thinking beyond 2014, maybe youngstuds 2019 giga coaster?
  • Like 1

In some Irish tales a character first believed to be a Banshee often turns out to be the Morrigan, the Irish battle goddess ("not what it seems"). The Morrigan often appears in the form of a crow (the scarecrows). I realize that the Morrigan has yet to be trademarked, but its an interesting thought.

• Like 6

In some Irish tales a character first believed to be a Banshee often turns out to be the Morrigan, the Irish battle goddess ("not what it seems"). The Morrigan often appears in the form of a crow (the scarecrows). I realize that the Morrigan has yet to be trademarked, but its an interesting thought.

Yeah, we were researching some of this further back in the thread. It could be very interesting if the name is in fact not "Banshee" as to what the clues will point to.

• Like 1