Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I've read through every page of this thread (not just now but since its inception) and I hope I'm not bringing up something previously mentioned. I do wonder now given this coaster will likely only occupy a small portion of SOB's prior layout. Could this coaster have originally been intended to co-exist with SOB?

I've read through every page of this thread (not just now but since its inception) and I hope I'm not bringing up something previously mentioned. I do wonder now given this coaster will likely only occupy a small portion of SOB's prior layout. Could this coaster have originally been intended to co-exist with SOB?

I highly doubt it. If this layout is correct it would have gone straight through the lift hill and into the second helix. That's a lot of wood and support structure to remove if they were to coexist. I just don't see that happening.

Sorry for the double post but I haven't seen this stated here yet. Have you guys noticed they are offering a VIP announcement experience on the KI ticket page. For $149.99 you do get quite a bit.

Kings Island unveils the most anticipated new attraction in the park's 41-year history Thursday, August 8 at 10:00pm.

You'll get reserved, pew seating for the announcement at 10:00pm, complimentary food and beverage, an exclusive behind the scenes construction tour and new attraction gift items.

Reserved, pew seating for the announcement at 10pm

Complimentary food & beverage in a reserved location from 5pm - 11pm

Exclusive behind the scenes construction tour at 6:30pm

New attraction gift items

Seating is limited! Park admission is required. Net proceeds from the 8/8 New Attraction Announcement VIP Experience go to KI for the Cure

• Like 5

I got it... Banshee is SOB's wife, who is wailing over the loss of her husband. :)

Hmmmm

Yet his wife didnt even exist until after he died?

Hey, I'm just trying to create a little story. And how do we know if she was in planning or not?

Hi everyone. I stumbled across this site last Tuesday and can't stop reading! First let me say that I'm your "average coaster fan" I can't tell one manufacturer from another. I just get on a ride and enjoy. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading these posts, and I'm impressed by the knowledge that most of you have concerning this topic! Some of you are really funny too!! I have no idea what the ride will be, but can't wait to ride it!

• Like 21

Hi everyone. I stumbled across this site last Tuesday and can't stop reading! First let me say that I'm your "average coaster fan" I can't tell one manufacturer from another. I just get on a ride and enjoy. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading these posts, and I'm impressed by the knowledge that most of you have concerning this topic! Some of you are really funny too!! I have no idea what the ride will be, but can't wait to ride it!

You sound a bit like me.

• Like 1

Somebody above me mentioned the VIP announcement. Did anyone notice the "pew seating"? I would think it would be a whole lot easier to bring in some fold up chairs. A funeral perhaps?

Folding chairs just wouldn't cut it for mourning O'Terpy and O'Suhr. Pews are more respectful.

• Like 23

Sorry for the double post but I haven't seen this stated here yet. Have you guys noticed they are offering a VIP announcement experience on the KI ticket page. For $149.99 you do get quite a bit.

Kings Island unveils the most anticipated new attraction in the park's 41-year history Thursday, August 8 at 10:00pm.

You'll get reserved, pew seating for the announcement at 10:00pm, complimentary food and beverage, an exclusive behind the scenes construction tour and new attraction gift items.

Reserved, pew seating for the announcement at 10pm

Complimentary food & beverage in a reserved location from 5pm - 11pm

Exclusive behind the scenes construction tour at 6:30pm

New attraction gift items

Seating is limited! Park admission is required. Net proceeds from the 8/8 New Attraction Announcement VIP Experience go to KI for the Cure

Pew seating.. Interesting... Very very Interesting... Sounds like they are going to have quite an area set up for this.

now if they only put that kind of dedication into Haunt

• Like 1

In all honesty, if I never hear of SOB again, I'll be happy. I want SOB wiped from the collective memory of all mankind, and want no tie- in to any ride at KI ever to be made with the pile of matchsticks that was SOB.

I look forward to the balmy autumn evening when I make my way to the park, and see the cleared, footed area that now occupies the space that the horrid ugly that was SOB once stood.

Feh to any relationship that this new ride has to that former timber terrain.

This new wicked ride is what it is, with no ties to any chunk of whatever that once sat there.

• Like 5

I'm still trying to figure out why it's on a Thursday. I have a final that night and kids have school Friday so I'll be at home hitting refresh all night.

My guess is marketing. Thursdays are typically not as busy as Fridays.

Folding chairs just wouldn't cut it for mourning O'Terpy and O'Suhr. Pews are more respectful.

When I first read this (or more specific, scanned) I saw "mounting" instead of "mourning". It was a "OMG" then a "LOL" moment at work.

• Like 8