Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

But to constantly refer to SOB in terms of this new coaster kills Don's hard work somewhat- he had to take an area at the park that was a hulking disaster with a bad reputation and a stinking history, and turn it into a new idea completely.

The length of this thread is a testament to the hard work. As long as this thread is, Don's been a willing participant in the ongoing speculation.

Those hints and props are supposed to TAKE AWAY the mental imagery of a failed project and replace them with the idea of a new, fantastic, safe project. The PR on this project has been amazing. We're all hepped to every tweet.

SOB was a blight, and to point to the new coaster and refer to SOB is like sitting in a five star restaurant and pointing out constantly that a bum once came into the door and puked in the vestibule.

Let that old stinking pile of wood die. In a few years, the new skyline will be so ingrained in our memories, we'll need old photos to remind us of that old disaster.

• Like 9

I'm still trying to figure out why it's on a Thursday. I have a final that night and kids have school Friday so I'll be at home hitting refresh all night.

If they announce it friday, it will be lost in the news cycles on Monday. If they announce it Thursday, it'll be all over the news on Friday and people will be talking about it.

• Like 15

Dixie, Fort Washington, Skyline.... there are a lot of good chili places around the cinci area, Gold Star isn't one of them in my opinion (but hey, the fans of their joint make the wait at skyline that much shorter for me, so cheers all around)

• Like 5

I thought the whole point for giving the ride the name Banshee is because SOB was torn down, or so called killed as you would have it. so now the Banshee appears and begins wailing over the SOB's death. That explains the Gaelic writing on the gravestones a Banshee is referred from Irish mythology, she appears This coaster is almost like the continuance of The Beast story. But I also believe the Banshee name could be a diversion, one of the gravestones written in Gaelic translation says "its not all that it seems".. .remember a Banshee appears before death not after. A lot of people thougnt Diamondback was going to be called Mustang. And there was many clues that would support that name.

Doesn't the Banshee appear foretelling the death, a grim reaper of sorts? I'm not convinced that the name is Banshee, or that it isn't, but it's how I'll refer to it until the real name is released. It would make sense for it to be called "Banshee" because then all of the news outlets and random people on the streets would always call it "THE Banshee," thus fittingly angering all of the diehard ride enthusiasts among us.

If it were up to me, I'd call it the Fiery Fist o' Pain, a la Spongebob Squarepants.

• Like 2

I'm still trying to figure out why it's on a Thursday. I have a final that night and kids have school Friday so I'll be at home hitting refresh all night.

As far as I know, the announcement is still going to be live streamed on USTREAM on channel coastergeek starting at 9:55pm EST :) (please correct me if this is in any way inaccurate, I saw it several days ago)

I wish I had $150 or something of high value to sell for $150 (I could sell my iPhone 5 for more than that I know, but then I wouldn't have a phone lol). Is anyone on here planning on getting the VIP package?

Also, other than somewhere around the construction site, do we know WHERE in Action Zone this announcement is going to be?? It is really intriguing me because there's limited room over there to hold a huge press release announcement with several hundred in attendance and still have walking room for those crazy people that have no interest in the announcement and want to go on rides instead :P I know there's all that space in the middle where the water tower used to be, but that's not right by the construction zone.

My initial thought had been Festhaus, since there is an entrance to there in Action Zone, and that could explain pew seating, but then why would pew seating be VIP?

Anyone else have theories or knowledge about this?

I'm sure this has already been mentioned in various forms, so I apologize if I'm bringing up something that has already been covered, but perhaps all this Banshee stuff has nothing at all to do with the new ride, but instead as a gimmick to "mourn" SoB's death, but the new ride won't have anything to actually do with Banshee. I mean, on one hand I see that as being a plausible theory, but on the other hand, that doesn't explain the trademark on the name Banshee.

Another thought - those blueprints - did they happen to have a name on them that could possibly indicate the name of the new ride? I know nothing about blueprints but I would think that blueprints would have something on them that would identify what they are for, IE the name of what is being built, such as a BP or a Chipotle...

Just my thoughts....

• Like 2

I wish I had $150 or something of high value to sell for $150 (I could sell my iPhone 5 for more than that I know, but then I wouldn't have a phone lol). Is anyone on here planning on getting the VIP package?

Also, other than somewhere around the construction site, do we know WHERE in Action Zone this announcement is going to be?? It is really intriguing me because there's limited room over there to hold a huge press release announcement with several hundred in attendance and still have walking room for those crazy people that have no interest in the announcement and want to go on rides instead :P I know there's all that space in the middle where the water tower used to be, but that's not right by the construction zone.

My initial thought had been Festhaus, since there is an entrance to there in Action Zone, and that could explain pew seating, but then why would pew seating be VIP?

The area where the water tower once stood is directly in front of the construction zone. You won't get much closer than that. There certainly won't be anyone riding the park's attractions during the announcement due to the fact that it will be past 10:00 P.M, so the park won't have to worry about congesting the midways. Overall, I think the area where the water tower once stood is the ideal area for the announcement, and where it will most likely take place.

• Like 1

The announcement will be after close, so in Theory, nobody should be walking to any rides.

The area where the water tower once stood is directly in front of the construction zone. You won't get much closer than that. There certainly won't be anyone riding the park's attractions during the announcement due to the fact that it will be past 10:00 P.M, so the park won't have to worry about congesting the midways. Overall, I think the area where the water tower once stood is the ideal area for the announcement, and where it will most likely take place.

LOL never thought of that. I just woke up a bit ago and haven't had coffee, so that fact never entered my mind :P thanks for the reminder lol

The announcement will be after close, so in Theory, nobody should be walking to any rides.

Yeah I wasn't thinking, clearly lol I guess in my half-awake state I got confused b/c of the VIP package info about stuff starting for VIPers at 5pm lol