Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I thought the whole point for giving the ride the name Banshee is because SOB was torn down, or so called killed as you would have it. so now the Banshee appears and begins wailing over the SOB's death. That explains the Gaelic writing on the gravestones a Banshee is referred from Irish mythology, she appears This coaster is almost like the continuance of The Beast story. But I also believe the Banshee name could be a diversion, one of the gravestones written in Gaelic translation says "its not all that it seems".. .remember a Banshee appears before death not after. A lot of people thougnt Diamondback was going to be called Mustang. And there was many clues that would support that name.

Doesn't the Banshee appear foretelling the death, a grim reaper of sorts? I'm not convinced that the name is Banshee, or that it isn't, but it's how I'll refer to it until the real name is released. It would make sense for it to be called "Banshee" because then all of the news outlets and random people on the streets would always call it "THE Banshee," thus fittingly angering all of the diehard ride enthusiasts among us.

If it were up to me, I'd call it the Fiery Fist o' Pain, a la Spongebob Squarepants.

And here is your Crabby Pattie.....

• Like 1

I thought the whole point for giving the ride the name Banshee is because SOB was torn down, or so called killed as you would have it. so now the Banshee appears and begins wailing over the SOB's death. That explains the Gaelic writing on the gravestones a Banshee is referred from Irish mythology, she appears This coaster is almost like the continuance of The Beast story. But I also believe the Banshee name could be a diversion, one of the gravestones written in Gaelic translation says "its not all that it seems".. .remember a Banshee appears before death not after. A lot of people thougnt Diamondback was going to be called Mustang. And there was many clues that would support that name.

Doesn't the Banshee appear foretelling the death, a grim reaper of sorts? I'm not convinced that the name is Banshee, or that it isn't, but it's how I'll refer to it until the real name is released. It would make sense for it to be called "Banshee" because then all of the news outlets and random people on the streets would always call it "THE Banshee," thus fittingly angering all of the diehard ride enthusiasts among us.

If it were up to me, I'd call it the Fiery Fist o' Pain, a la Spongebob Squarepants.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels it is appropriate to call it Banshee til we know otherwise. That's just what I believe it's going to be, since all props and such point to as much. Though I referred to the new ride as Banshee yesterday and got bashed for it lol. I don't care anymore though. Til I know otherwise, to me, 2014 Coaster is Banshee.

I'm sure this has already been mentioned in various forms, so I apologize if I'm bringing up something that has already been covered, but perhaps all this Banshee stuff has nothing at all to do with the new ride, but instead as a gimmick to "mourn" SoB's death, but the new ride won't have anything to actually do with Banshee. I mean, on one hand I see that as being a plausible theory, but on the other hand, that doesn't explain the trademark on the name Banshee.

Another thought - those blueprints - did they happen to have a name on them that could possibly indicate the name of the new ride? I know nothing about blueprints but I would think that blueprints would have something on them that would identify what they are for, IE the name of what is being built, such as a BP or a Chipotle...

Just my thoughts....

I agree with you there. I don't question the blueprint itself being fake. I just have my doubts on what was drawn on the blueprint and how it was leaked right after the park made the announcement of when they will make the official announcement. Then the park promoted the leaked blueprints. Seeing the reactions on here the past few days it could be called greatest PR move ever. On the other hand if the drawing is real then maybe that blue paper was covering up a name or logo? Guess we'll find out Thursday night...

• Like 1

He's probably pretty well tied up trying to get everything ready for Thursday. I have no idea what all goes into an announcement of this scale, but I'm sure its a lot more than most of us realize. He has to make sure all the right people are taken care of, all the major and minor media sources in the area show up, accomidations are made for their equipment, vans, reports, etc... he's got to make sure the VIP packages are taken care of, the stage is set. The announcement might not start until 10:00 pm, but I'm guessing Don's day will be pretty well packed on thursday making sure everything comes together and the people that need to be taken care of, are indeed taken care of as they visit/tour the park earlier in the day.

• Like 6

Well it is possible they could be using it up until the announcement but they'll either give those props ( head stone) to they people they refer to, use them with the ride ( Witch I hope) or could use them for the haunt this year! No need to waste!

North or West? Which one do you hope for?

A 'zero car' is that set of wheels you see on the front of most B&M's. Zero refers to the fact that each car on a train has a number, but since its a 'car' on the train without seats, it gets the term 'zero car'.

The part of Diamondback's trains with the snake eyes and fangs, that's a zero car.

Thank you. Amazing how you still learn something new everyday, even at my age. And to think Terp is older than me!

*OUCH*

Hey, cut it out....I was only joking.

That was Terp slapping me with a wet noodle.

Hi everyone. I stumbled across this site last Tuesday and can't stop reading! First let me say that I'm your "average coaster fan" I can't tell one manufacturer from another. I just get on a ride and enjoy. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading these posts, and I'm impressed by the knowledge that most of you have concerning this topic! Some of you are really funny too!! I have no idea what the ride will be, but can't wait to ride it!

Welcome to the site. Jump in and get your feet wet. But stay away from bumpy roads. They will give you flat tires, and affect your spelling.

I thought Black Widow would have been a cool name but after seeing only two glowing eyes in the teaser, I doubt it.

That's a really awesome name. You should suggest that to KI for their next coaster.

I was kind of hoping for a new Gold Star! :)

The first time I've disagreed with the wise and all knowing O'Terpy. Skyline is where it's at.

Oh dear, the chili wars have come to KIC.

And since it has started, Gold Star RULES!

Dixie, Fort Washington, Skyline.... there are a lot of good chili places around the cinci area, Gold Star isn't one of them in my opinion (but hey, the fans of their joint make the wait at skyline that much shorter for me, so cheers all around)

Fort Washington had a chili restaurant?? I didn't realize they were that concerned about it. I'd have thought pork was more their thing back then. Whoda thunk it.

I think you mean Camp Washington. ;)

• Like 4

So if the leaked blueprints are true, is anyone else thinking that the path in front of Slingshot is going to be absolutely terrible next year? People already walk through there with their heads pointed towards slingshot, not paying any attention to where they are walking, many of them just stop mid step and stare at Slingshot. If the blueprints are correct, that pathway will have great views of a good portion of the ride. Hopefully they widen the Slingshot path or something to take care of the bottle neck situation

• Like 2

FWIW,

The structural engineer listed on those drawings is very much a real company, and those are very much the company's most current logo and information. If I was the stamped engineer on those drawings, and they were fake, I'd be ****ed, I'll say that much. That alone leads me to believe they are real. But if you need further proof that those drawings were done on purpose (perhaps just a diversion, but seemingly unlikely, said structural company involved has worked on many Ki projects in the past (and I just found out according to their web site has done work at carowinds as well)

Furthermore, said company has worked on many of the footings in the past. I didn't look all that closely at the prints until today, which drove me to dig up this:

http://schaefer-inc.com/project/cedar-fairs-kings-island-carowinds-cincinnati-ohio/

I knew they had an entire section of their current building dedicated to entertainment structures, I didn't know they worked specifically on roller coaster footers until I saw those prints on youtube today and went to their website. I've worked with them on building construction, so I've never dealt with that end of their business before, and didn't even think about what they did in their entertainment structures prior to this. They've done quite a bit at KI according to their website. I'm pretty sure those prints are real, if there was any doubt, could be a diversion by the park, and not exactly what they are going to build, but those prints were made intentionally, only arguement is if they were released intentionally.

• Like 3

I will be at the announcement

For a discussion about who's coming, see the meet-up thread: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27900-aug-8-announcement-meet-up

The chili wars aren't exactly new here. :) The most recent threads dedicated to them, for everyone's reference:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25715-what-chili-restaurant-do-you-prefer

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14307-skyline-v-gold-star

• Like 2

Don't forget the $149.99 goes to KI for a Cure and not to the park's bottom line like everything else. Also keep in mind that the park will likely offer VIP "first rider" seats in the spring like they did for Diamondback and also to raise money for one of the park's charities. Few 'one of a kind' or 'experiences' sold/auctioned off for charitable functions go for the kind of prices most enthusiasts like ourselves can afford.

• Like 4

I will be at the announcement

For a discussion about who's coming, see the meet-up thread: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27900-aug-8-announcement-meet-up

The chili wars aren't exactly new here. :) The most recent threads dedicated to them, for everyone's reference:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25715-what-chili-restaurant-do-you-prefer

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14307-skyline-v-gold-star

Oh, cool. Thanks! I didn't see them...or if I did, I forgot about them. But that happens when you get to be my age. Just think what it's like for poor Terp. :P:lol:

• Like 2

FWIW,

The structural engineer listed on those drawings is very much a real company, and those are very much the company's most current logo and information. If I was the stamped engineer on those drawings, and they were fake, I'd be ****ed, I'll say that much. That alone leads me to believe they are real.

That is exactly why I think the drawing of the ride is fake. Not the blueprint or its credentials.

I would think if someone leaked true construction blueprints that there would be a lot of p***ed off people and imo if the park is promoting that kind of classified info then wouldn't they also be promoting that there are track pieces at csf..or whatever its called? I was more convinced that drawing was real until the park promoted it on twitter. Like you said that company has been doing work for KI for many years so of course the park has access to past blueprints and it don't take much for someone with an artistic mind to draw up something nice...until KI convinces me otherwise I'm calling the drawing a fake...on real blueprints. This is in no way meant to be a diversion. Just an observation.

Secondson, I perfer the good witch. I Mean, I am Glinda ( Or Galinda with two a's.). I am the most powerful. Maybe I can use my magic powers to livestream the event. Oh well. :P

Sorry for being away from the main topic, I'm asuming no new props have shown up today at the part today?

• Like 2

Diversion has been the word during this whole project. Why would it stop now?

IMO-

How the announcement date was announced right along with the blue prints being found was too "neat". The prints have been very easy to come by & if they are the real thing, I would be surprised KI did not kindly ask the KIC admins to remove it. Back when Maverick was about to be announced, the plans were released to Screamscape which then ended up on PointBuzz. *If I am not mistaken* CP requested the plan information be removed from PB until the formal announcement. EDIT- the footer locations could be correct but the direction the track goes could be completely different than what we saw.

When it comes to Banshee-

"Banshee" was scrapped for "Mantis" due to the "meaning" it portrayed. "Banshee" does not fit Mr. Oimet's family direction. Again, finding the trademark info has been very easy. When Diamondback was being planned & "decoded", as far as I can remember, no one found DB's name trademarked until the official announcement.

Both the prints & name could be very real, but it would not surprise the least bit me to find out neither are real.

• Like 14

Again, finding the trademark info has been very easy. When Diamondback was being planned & "decoded", as far as I can remember, no one found DB's name trademarked until the official announcement.

The trademark for Gatekeeper was filed on August 13, 2012 which was the same date as the announcement of the coaster at Cedar Point.

http://www.trademarkia.com/Gatekeeper-85702268.html

• Like 7

It seems to me if the blueprints are fake in some way, then that would imply there are other people involved in the whole ruse besides just KI. I mean, wouldn't the City of Mason be involved, too? Why would they allow KI to file fake documents for a real project? After all, the blueprints are public record, of which news outlets were able to obtain copies. If the City of Mason had copies of the REAL blueprints, wouldn't those be public record, too? So why would KI be so adamant about keeping this all a huge secret? It seems like more trouble than it would be worth.

It's one thing to mess around with the public's perception about something, but I'd think it was something totally different when it comes to legal documents.

• Like 2

It seems to me if the blueprints are fake in some way, then that would imply there are other people involved in the whole ruse besides just KI. I mean, wouldn't the City of Mason be involved, too? Why would they allow KI to file fake documents for a real project? After all, the blueprints are public record, of which news outlets were able to obtain copies. If the City of Mason had copies of the REAL blueprints, wouldn't those be public record, too? So why would KI be so adamant about keeping this all a huge secret? It seems like more trouble than it would be worth.

It's one thing to mess around with the public's perception about something, but I'd think it was something totally different when it comes to legal documents.

The City of Mason could easily be involved if KI really wanted them to. Honestly, by looking at the blue prints, I do not understand how this coaster can be a world recorded breaker for something other than a record like: "Longest Inverted Coaster in the world". The layout really disappoints me and I am hoping its a fake.

• Like 4

Here again, adding another round of my two cents regarding another flyer. I know this debate is slowing down now, but I can't catch up with this thread. (Great to see the amount of activity on the site though!)

I have had a chance to ride a B&M flyer, Tatsu at Six Flags Magic Mountain, and all I can say is wow. I definitely, without a doubt, prefer Tatsu to Firehawk. However each of them have their own uniqueness. Tatsu at SFMM is just as much the view as it is the ride if you follow my train of thought. I remember clear as day being astonished at the scenic view that Tatsu offers as you crest the hill. Would tatsu be as exciting as it is at Magic Mountain if it was at Kings Island? Probably not. My favorite part of the ride was the view. Granted, it was my first ride and first experience at the park, so my view is a little biased. I love the B&M aspects of the ride, however i prefer Firehawks' aspects of boarding to an extent. I feel like Firehawk is much more comfortable in the loading aspect, going up the lift hill, and waiting on the break run. I like laying on my back. When I was at Magic Mountain they were not using the second side of the station, which is a critical aspect of the ride with how long it takes to load and unload trains. At that time of the day they were running a two train operation, and the ride did stack on the break run for nearly four or five minutes per run. Laying face down for that long, you sure do start to feel uncomfortable! If, with a large emphasis on IF, we do see another flyer, my only hope is that every day both sides of the loading platform are used and it is at a consistent three train operation. I honestly can see just at Kings Island how important capacity of the rides is, so i doubt this would ever become an issue.

Also, not that this has been debated, but I don't want to see an invert with a dual-loading platform. I think that if the staff is properly trained they would have no issues with stacking of the rides. That being said, I have never ridden an invert with a dual loading station, and I don't think that there are very many around?

Thursday will be here before we know it!! :D

• Like 4

I said I think the drawing is fake...not the blueprint itself. If they are so easily obtained then it would be just as easy to draw and edit it as you please and leak it on YouTube.

Which is why I think the drawing on what we saw on the youtube video was fake and then promoted by the park when they posted about it on twitter. If someone truely leaked legal documents that the park is adamant about keeping secret then why would they do that? Unless they are pulling off the most epic PR game I've ever seen then kudos to Don and his marketing team! At this point only KI will be able to convince me that the leaked drawing on the blueprint is real.. this Thursday at 10:00 pm in Action Zone.

• Like 3

Well for starters, those documents wouldn't have to be the one's submitted to the city, is there anything indicating that those are the exact documents issued to the building department? If those are not the real prints, then that means KI asked/paid SSA to make those prints and subsequently leak them as a diversion. SSA isn't going to just make a 2nd set of documents and post them on the internet on their own. Those documents are either very much real (and leaked either on purpose by KI PR or without KI's consent by someone who had access to them) and exactly what the park is building, or those documents are faked at the request of KI as a diversion leading up to the announcement.

Why would KI leak the documents? To help build awareness and hype. As you can see, despite these documents sitting being out there, there are still people hoping they are fake and a Giga is coming to that site. It doesn't matter how many clues or diversions the PR department leaves us, there will always be people hoping the hints are diversions and their dreams are about to come true. Blue Prints for Diamondback were found and seen prior to the announcement, people saw the renderings and digitally created POV for gatekeep prior to the announcement. If these documents are factual, it won't be the first time this has happened either intentionally by the park, or by someone looking to scoop everyone else.

I guess my point is, some people seem to think these could have been created by someone that has no connection to the ride, just someone messing around; I don't think that's possible, far too much work. I think these were created on purpose, either as a PR stunt by KI or as the actual set of plans to build the ride. The park could have tweeted about it b/c, if true, anyone that really wanted to know about the plans, probably already knew about them. Plus seeing the general amount of confusion, it seems the average person has no idea how to read a set of plans.

I thought I'd chime in on all this. I don't think the prints are a diversion at all. I think they are as real as they get. Just because they were "leaked" and Don tweeted a link to an article about them doesn't mean they are fake. I think they were intentionally leaked to create some buzz outside of the general park going crowds. Think about it. The announcement date was announced, the plans were leaked and boom - the coaster in "trending" on yahoo.

I had my suspicions about KI giving the okay to leak them but once channel 5 showed the plans and the gentleman they spoke to hinted around about what it "could" be I was convinced. The only things the plans show us is the layout, some inversions and that it's an invert if you want to believe that. Other than that they don't show what record(s) it will break. It just creates more buzz outside of this forum.

And another thing. Have you guys noticed how the last 2 Cedar Fair roller coaster announcements went?

Leviathan: Announced at 7am on a morning television show (lasted about 5-10 minutes).

Gatekeeper: Pretty much a big speech and nothing else.

From what it looks like, Kings Island is putting a lot of effort into this announcement, Why? Well, with Leviathan and Gatekeeper, they were quite impressive roller coasters (Leviathan: first giga in Canada and first B&M giga; Gatekeeper: Broke several records, IMO has a good sequence of elements, and the front entrance was still completely redone)

If this is the showing of any trend for Cedar Fair, Kings Island is making a huge announcement in order to make the roller coaster look way better than it really is.

• Like 1