Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I think (although I ASSURE you that I don't know) that The Bat thing was put there on purpose. When it founds its way onto the Decoding thread, it served its purpose and was eliminated.

Well played, KI.

Upon further examination of the site, I agree with you. Rob Decker even said during Gatekeeper's announcement that they liked the response they got from that "error".

Some evidence:

• The orange background of the page, named BAT-31.jpg, is a photoshopped copy of Gatekeeper's page's background, complete with Gatekeeper's rendering.
  • Examining the page source, it was modified with a WYSIWYG editor. Other Cedar Fair sites have not been. (cross-threading!)
  • From a generic ride page, the only things changed are a few images, some of the placeholder text, and the orange-ified Gatekeeper background. Again, with a WYSIWYG editor.

There's no way this is related to the real site which will presumably launch Thursday night. Cedar Fair is more professional than that.

How can you tell it was done with a WYSIWYG editor? (I'm not disputing it, just wondering what tipped you off.) Keep in mind that I can no longer see the pages.

Long time lurker. First time poster. With all the talk of trespassing at Clermont Steel, my girlfriend and I decided to take a joy ride and take some pictures of the park and Clermont Steel. A few of the highlights are below. Click the link to see all the rest. Not much new happening outside. No laws were broken in the taking of these pictures! ;)

P.S. I know... My girlfriend needs to work on her photography skills. I was busy flying the plane...

http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/cornholeworldwide/slideshow/Kings%20Island%20and%20Clermont%20Steel%20August%205th

DSCN1938_zps45611d30.jpg DSCN1937_zps10e887b3.jpg DSCN1923_zps08d73ec0.jpg

• Like 36

How can you tell it was done with a WYSIWYG editor? (I'm not disputing it, just wondering what tipped you off.) Keep in mind that I can no longer see the pages.

Some default classnames got added to elements on the site. These don't appear on the real Gatekeeper or Gold Striker pages.

Also, there were a few style attributes added that are characteristic of a WYSIWYG editor, that don't appear on other Cedar Fair sites.

• Like 2

EDIT: Disregard all the following. I posted it before I read anything about the wingcoaster stuff on the KI website.

Wow, you guys have been busy posting in the few hours I took a break. I have to get caught up, so I'm just going to respond to these posts real fast and read the rest later tonight.

^^ So what will happen to KI if come Thursday we all find out the prints the media outlets are not 100% correct?

I suppose as long as KI wasn't involved in submitting any fake plans, nothing would happen to them. As for the City of Mason....if it had fake blueprints on hand, I'd guess that's a different matter that would need to be investigated. And the NEWS outlets would surely be embarrassed if they aired news reports using faulty information that was supposed to be official.

The guy from YouTube had some free time and did some editing on a copy he obtained...if you have the artstic ablity it wouldn't be difficult.

Yes it would. Of course it would. You would need extensive knowledge of footers, serial numbers, B&M design, supports, and probably months of time to draw that by hand... Your statement is incredibly ignorant, those blueprints are 100% REAL...

Lmao! Speaking of incredibly ignorant...I never said the blueprints were fake...I said the blueprints were not in question. I also said the YouTube guy is either spot on, kinda right or not at all with his drawing....if he did draw it, which he may not have. You don't have to get so hateful and defensive about it, just relax and take a deep breath.. Keep Calm and wait until this Thursday @ 10:00 pm in Action Zone.

I'm confused. You're basically calling him ignorant in return, so why did you "Like" his comment if you don't agree with it? :huh:

Reading through these last 8 pages have been great. Captain Nemo being a hero, secondson talking to himself (no they're more like asides in a theater), and classic Youngstud. Along with a bunch of new members that all only talk about Intamin!

Great read. Can't wait for the Announcement Thursday.

Hmmmm.....I'm talking to myself, and you're hugging a coaster support. I guess we both have problems. :P

I really wish I lived in the Cincy area......

If I did, I would go down to the City of Mason Engineering and Building, 6000 Mason-Montgomery Road, Mason, OH 45040 M-F 8:00 AM-4:30 PM and request to view these building plans.

You know since these are easily attainable by the public it would be nice to see in person to validate any suspicions on their credibility.

Not sure why nobody has......I thought you guys was enthusiast!!!

Why fork over the money to see them this close to the announcement date?

• Like 1

Long time lurker. First time poster. With all the talk of trespassing at Clermont Steel, my girlfriend and I decided to take a joy ride and take some pictures of the park and Clermont Steel. A few of the highlights are below. Click the link to see all the rest. Not much new happening outside. No laws were broken in the taking of these pictures! ;)

P.S. I know... My girlfriend needs to work on her photography skills. I was busy flying the plane...

http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/cornholeworldwide/slideshow/Kings%20Island%20and%20Clermont%20Steel%20August%205th

DSCN1938_zps45611d30.jpg DSCN1937_zps10e887b3.jpg DSCN1923_zps08d73ec0.jpg

Awesome first post, wish I thought of that. lol

• Like 9

What would a boomerang turn be anyways?

Vampire to Six Flags New England?

mmm. was anything renamed from Vampire? I can't find a coaster with that name on rcdb.com

I'm having Flashbacks.

http://rcdb.com/174.htm

I mean, that is a boomerang coaster, which crossed my mind. I just think whether it was a diversion or not, that a "boomerang turn" wasn't an inversion.

What would a boomerang turn be anyways?

Vampire to Six Flags New England?

mmm. was anything renamed from Vampire? I can't find a coaster with that name on rcdb.com

The Boomerang Coaster that was once at Kentucky kingdom was named The Vampire.It was moved to Six Flags New England and renamed Flashback.

• Like 4

I do think this is true. Don does fool us a lot but you have to think, it would probably take several hours to do this. I don't think they want to waste time tricking us.

So either waste time making fake blueprints or waste time making fake webpage. I am so corn-fused.