Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Just to add to "The Bat" theory, Most are asking if it is really The Bat what does the comb clue have to do with a bat? Well maybe the comb and the hair isn't the clue but maybe the comb itself because the hair is tangled around "teeth" and what does a Vampire Bat have??? TEETH! Lol just adding fuel to any fire I guess.

I myself still am going with "The Bat" site being a great big Herring of a certain color.

• Like 2

I do however feel that there will be a wing element to the train. The footer placement in several spots is very wide of the track, and if you look at the connecting lines for the support structure, it gives much more space than necessary for a typical inverted coaster.

Then there are several references in the press hinting at a wing variant. Eg. Wlwt interview, and the CEO interview stated using elements of Gatekeeper in future rides and a recent twitter posting by kingsislandpr.

Ride queue: looks like the ride may be using the old go-kart entrance path, the "holding area" would be located roughly in the center of the coaster flanked by the out and back tracks.

Lastly the plans say "2014 project" which could indicate multiple things taking place. The "leaked" video of the blueprints covers Invertigo.

And a small blue envelope is covering layouts adjacent to "Banshee" the envelope is moved and reoriented across 3 edits. Once for each page shown. The plans are push pinned to a corkboard so I'm assuming this is either in the construction trailer or park office.

I await my beatings.

so maybe we have the coaster part figured out. what are the thoughts about the ride queue and our mysterious blue envelope?

Very confused. Hopefully Don will explain all of the diversions after the ride is announced. It'll be fun to finally put everything together. I'm going on a long stretch and saying this is the most "toyed" with announcement in recent history. Usually Holiday World plays their new rides off really well, but I'm very impressed for a chain park.

My head is spinning from all of the diversion.

• Like 2

I also don't think "BAT" can be trademarked or copyrighted as it's name is to common. Like, I cannot trademark the word pizza or balloon. Same applies to bat. So, maybe a trademark may not even be needed for the name itself. However, one may be needed for the use of the name on any promotional, merchandising, etc. Say, the use of the typeface and colors...that's how to get around that.

Just a note for the overly confused! ;)

-T. Forsaken

I seriously doubt anyone has any serious doubt (lol) but Don has basically, through lack of words, admitted that this is a coaster. Note this conversation:

https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/status/364491277024239616

He did not use the word "attraction" when asked about "the new coaster". I think anyone with eyes can see that it is a coaster, but does this constitute an admission?

• Like 1

For trademark purposes would "bat" be the same as "The Bat"? I'd say yes and Lagoon would have a winnable suit against Cedar Fair.

If this is the case...then DC Comics would have a case against Lagoon park. So on and so on...

"bat" and "batman" are distinctly different. There also has to be a similarity of usage. A car called a bat and a roller coaster called a bat would not infringe on each other. Two roller coasters called bat would.