Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Could it be possible that 'The Bat' is the 2014 attraction....but...the 'Banshee' is one of the new 'Haunt attractions'

who knows....should probably just stop the speculation...

and start speculating on where they can create room for the Intamin GIGA in 2019

• Like 1

We have now topped 12,000 posts.

Can we reach 13,000 before the announcement?

Depends on how many more times Don decides to screw with us before Thursday night... :lol:

Exactly, imagine if Don throws us another Curveball...or interesting tweet....

mass panic will ensue and we'll snap up 1,000/2,000 posts within hours!

• Like 1

I dread the number of posts I'll have to read when I get back from the park Thursday night. :)

you would have to think between 10pm Thursday and 5am Friday Morning....several thousand posts will appear....

• Like 3

Mercury grand marquee = b&m

Ferrari = Intamin

Ferrari is Formula Rossa.....right? the one that they give you glasses to wear in the front row....correct?

150mph and near 5 G's....off the launch....or some crude?

• Like 1

i doubt it will be "The Bat" i honestly have a hard time believing that the park would go with another "re-creation" or use of a current or former attractions name. SOB was a PR disaster. i'm not saying this coaster would be, but their luck has not been great with this type of thing. just my two cents.

• Like 1

Mercury grand marquee = b&m

Ferrari = Intamin

Mantis = B&M

MF = Intamin

I didnt get the comparison until now...LOL. I thought he was implying Ferrari as in the coaster.

But, he was basically saying B&M =**** and Intamin = GOLD.

Should have known with YoungStud, who's a walking Intamin Ad!

• Like 1

Hmm...I think I may have just noticed something on that leaked Bat page no one else did...it says the ride will open April 27th, 2014...guess what? That's a SUNDAY.

Has Kings Island ever opened on a SUNDAY? I don't think so...and why does the page just say 2014 in the website location instead of the ride name?

Hmm...yeah, I'm thinking this may well have been a DIVERsion now...

I did love The Bat logo though. Perhaps they are teasing us with what they may have in mind for our next coaster after this one, to gauge our interest levels, aka "see how we respond to it?"...?

This Kings Island PR. It be full of win. B)

• Like 3

Hmm...I think I may have just noticed something on that leaked Bat page no one else did...it says the ride will open April 27th, 2014...guess what? That's a SUNDAY.

Has Kings Island ever opened on a SUNDAY? I don't think so...and why does the page just say 2014 in the website location instead of the ride name?

I did love The Bat logo though. Perhaps they are teasing us with what they may have in mind for our next coaster after this one, to gauge our interest levels, aka "see how we respond to it?"...?

I do not know the answer to 'Kings Island opening on a Sunday' -

I did however notice for the 1981 Bat spot/commercial...it advertises that The Bat will open on a Sunday....

For...what it's worth...

• Like 1

I do not know the answer to 'Kings Island opening on a Sunday' -

I did however notice for the 1981 Bat spot/commercial...it advertises that The Bat will open on a Sunday....

For...what it's worth...

Hmm...The (Original) Bat opening on a Sunday sounds interesting, but these days, Kings Island usually opens on a Saturday in Late April, with the following Sunday being rented out. If "The Bat" is Project 2014, and the opening day for it is correct, does that mean the company that rented it out gets to ride it before the GP on Opening Day does, forcing the GP to wait until the first weekend of May or something!?!? That would just be cruel to the GP...OPENING DAY 2014..."Big Shiny New Coaster. Fully Tested and Ready 2 Go. But you can't ride it until next week." :wacko: I seriously doubt Kings Island would do something like that...

Update: According to research and rcdb.com, The Bat did open on a Sunday- Sunday, April 26th, 1981. So there is that.

• Like 1

Like others on the thread, I'm just having trouble believing that were getting a Wing coaster. I'm still not 100% convinced its an invert. Don has played an epic game of Clue with us since the beginning. So if its a Floorless, Standup, Dive, Invert, or a WingRider, I for one have had a blast on this thread. I'm looking forward to queuing whatever the attraction is.

It has been fun, at least for me. I can't tell a clue from a misdirect, but I can't wait to ride whatever it is, so the plan worked.

• Like 1

Could it be possible that 'The Bat' is the 2014 attraction....but...the 'Banshee' is one of the new 'Haunt attractions'

who knows....should probably just stop the speculation...

and start speculating on where they can create room for the Intamin GIGA in 2019

they won't need to create any room there is already plenty of space left behind the 2014 coaster... They will reuse the old sob station and the cable lift will start from the station.
  • Like 2

Think about it guys. Diamondback had its own website. It was not a part of the KI website. That 2014 page was mind numbingly simple. Its almost impossible to accidentally make a web page view-able and open like that on mistake. Other than footers theres no evidence of an invert (correct me if im wrong). Don has hinted several times with the word wing. All this to say I believe the name of this POSSIBLE wing will be Banshee or possibly something we havent heard yet. I mean, what would owls, scarecrows, and Celtic graves have to do with bats? Also, many people associated the words bat and KI together with deaths they believe are true (obviously false).

So what does a owl have to do with a bat?

Keeping bats out of your home is as simple as placing one of their natural enemies, the owl, near their roosting place.

Our bat is roosting in the Action Zone.

• Like 1

Not going to happen. The park just announced what the 3 new haunts are and Banshee isn't one of them.

They are Bloodbath Bayou, Delta Delta Die, and Board to Death.

• Like 2