Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I think the haters of intamin on here prefer b&m cause their restraints favor larger guests.

Yes, very classy.

Intamin is number 1 for most mechanical downtime! :D

I don't remember any fatalities on any Intamin coasters do you? Their coasters aren't made by people like the Dinn Corporation who lots of wood riders used to think had a flawless safety record until that awful Texas Giant incident.

You've got to be kidding me, right?

Please name me one fatality on an Intamin coaster please? #crickets

You asked for it. This list includes six deaths. Among other incidents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intamin#Safety_incidents

Yeah wikipedia is a great source since it can be edited. How about you get some real articles but i'm guessing that post won't come will it? :rolleyes:

Here's your article.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/roller_coaster_fall_kills_hero_xkUkFxNorAz1ht4KEIThOP

I think the haters of intamin on here prefer b&m cause their restraints favor larger guests.

Yes, very classy.

I don't remember any fatalities on any Intamin coasters do you? Their coasters aren't made by people like the Dinn Corporation who lots of wood riders used to think had a flawless safety record until that awful Texas Giant incident.

from wiki:

• In August 1999, a 12-year-old mentally disabled boy fell from the Drop Tower: Scream Zone at Paramount's Great America and died. The victim's family claimed his harness was not locked properly. An investigation was inconclusive and no charges were filed.[3][4]
  • In September 2001, a 40-year-old woman fell from the Perilous Plunge attraction at Knott's Berry Farm, into the water, was hit by the boat, and died. An investigation showed that the 300 lb (140 kg) woman had loosened the safety restraints so she could fit more comfortably into the ride.[5]
  • On April 16, 2004, a 16-year-old girl from Pontypool was killed after falling approximately 30 m (100 ft) from the top of the Hydro (now called Drenched) ride at Oakwood Leisure Park, Narberth, Pembrokeshire.[6] During a trial brought by the victim's family against Oakwood, a jury returned a narrative verdict stating that the victim died due to being improperly restrained.[7]
  • The second incident of 2004 was on one of Intamin's mega coasters, Superman: Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England in Massachusetts. The ride, again with lap bar restraints, was dispatched with a sufferer of cerebral palsy in the front seat, who died after being ejected from his seat. According to an investigation [1], the ride operators were primarily to blame for not ensuring the rider was properly secured. Intamin was also partially blamed because the ride's safety system allowed the train to be dispatched without all the restraints properly secured.
  • In June 2007, a 13-year-old girl had both of her feet severed at the ankles on Superman: Tower of Power at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. A ride malfunction caused a cable to snap and a cord to wrap around the girl's feet, amputating both of them. She was brought to the hospital in critical condition [8] and the park was later fined $1,000 for not properly maintaining the ride. The girl survived the accident and doctors were able to re-attach her right foot. A settlement was later reached with Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom that will provide for her throughout her life.[9]
  • On September 16, 2009, two guests were injured when a cable snapped on the Xcelerator roller coaster at Knott's Berry Farm. The 12-year-old victim had lacerations on his leg, while the adult victim complained of back injuries.[10]
  • On July 8, 2011, a 29-year-old guest was killed when he was ejected from the Ride of Steel roller coaster. The rider, an Iraq War veteran whose legs had been amputated, was on the front row of the roller coaster when he was thrown from the train during the course of the ride. Park officials stated that the ride was in proper mechanical order and that the various safety restraints were also working normally at the time of the incident, but that the attraction would remain closed pending an investigation.[11][12]
  • On February 24, 2012, a 14-year-old girl died in an accident at Hopi Hari, Vinhedo, São Paulo State, Brazil. She fell from the Drop Tower ride "La Tour Eiffel", suffered cranial trauma and died on the way to the hospital. Initial investigations suggested the possibility of mechanical failure in the restraint latch.[13]

There are several fatalities on Intamin rides both coasters and otherwise, plus several more accidents w/ the severed off legs being the most serious.

I really have no preference B&M vs Intamin, but you asked for fatilies on Intamin coasters, so there you go.

• Like 1

Yeah wikipedia is a great source since it can be edited. How about you get some real articles but i'm guessing that post won't come will it? :rolleyes:

*sigh* notice all the references to other articles... click on those

DavidW who is done feeding

• Like 3

Yes, very classy.

Again, you asked for it. The links on this site link to news reports. Also, Wikipedia is reliable because there are always people changing false statements to fact and to make edits source articles are required and you can click these links to see the source.

http://www.rideaccidents.com/intamin.html

• Like 1

Yall call him a troll or accuse him of this crap...yet any disagreement with your views and you are the ones who start throwing accusations and bull sh*t around....hmm.....someone thinks many of you need to look at yourselves and reevaluate..

YoungStud is trolling again, making new user names.

Your trolling here bro making ridiculous accusations!

Hmm let me see. People who always rant about B&M and praise Intamin:

Big Sexy

YoundStud

Intaminisnumber1

I'm sensing a reoccurring theme

• Like 8

Yes, very classy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/09/james-hackemer-army-amputee-thrown-from-roller-coaster_n_893850.html

Here's your reliable source of a death on an Intamin...

I agree w/ the post above, avoid the 1 trick intamin (or whomever) is best and they'll go away or eventually learn to post something worthwhile. A trolls life is short lived when ignored, the lack of attention is their kryptonite.

So help me, this is my last YoungStud post. Read it with the understanding that I'm not playing moderator.

Yall call him a troll or accuse him of this crap...yet any disagreement with your views and you are the ones who start throwing accusations and bull sh*t around....hmm.....someone thinks many of you need to look at yourselves and reevaluate..

Let me be clear: I think YoungStud's a troll because he literally talks about nothing else than things that get under people's skin. By all means, anyone can and should have a different opinion from me, but the line between "I think differently than you" and "I'm going to just cover my ears and keep saying the same things over and over" has been crossed. Trolling or not, that both gets old and drags down the community. Fast.

Also, out of nowhere, we've got these random new users that "coincidentally" praise the one thing YoungStud keeps going on and on about. The site's been around for 10 years, and I've been here for 5 of them. In my history here, people DO register with specific manufacturers in their usernames. Those people also tend to praise said manufacturers more than a couple times. And you know what? That's fine. Really. But it doesn't happen that often. Out of nowhere, all of these Intamin lovers have all coincidentally jumped onto the site at the same time the world's most outspoken Intamin fan feels the need to defend himself. Hokay. I don't think suspicion is out of the question here.

I don't care if you dislike fanny packs, B&M, the weather, or my shoes. Part of being an interesting forum is having people with these opinions. Just don't make every topic you ever post in about it.

• Like 14

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

Administrator

• photo-2.jpg?_r=1362711774
  • Admin
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 3,182 posts

I am on everyday reviewing the "reported post" section. Do you not see my replies or when I mark the as "Under Review"?

As for new users being trolls, I installed a ban button that shows up right on everyones posts. All because I don't put online that I have banned XYZ, YZX, and ZYX today doesn't mean its not happening.

I also do go through they IP addresses and ban those as well.

As for your concerns "KI Man" I go through the posts of people you report and when you read those, none of which seems like "trolling" just replies that disagree with yours.

This is hilarious how people can not stop responding the YoungStud's comments over and over again.

Big Sexy's comments on Theme Park Review just got skipped over. No one responded to his posts. If you don't like what someone says, you can show some self restraint and not respond.

You know you're just going to start up a B&M vs Intamin argument that is based on only opinion. Dear lawdy.

• Like 2

YoungStud is trolling again, making new user names.
Your trolling here bro making ridiculous accusations!

Hmm let me see. People who always rant about B&M and praise Intamin:

Big Sexy

YoundStud

Intaminisnumber1

I'm sensing a reoccurring theme

I never ranted about B&M, just their fanboys so far. I enjoy maybe two coasters of B&M but other than that they strike me as a beginner coaster for the big leagues of Intamin so feel free to take off your training wheels because us Intamin fans will welcome you with open arms when you make the switch. :P

LETS
STICK
TO DECODING

THIS IS CHILDISH NONSENSE

THE FACT IS WE ARE GETTING A COASTER, WHETHER WHAT TYPE, MAKER, DESIGNER OR WHAT EVER IS POINTLESS, THAT IS TO BE DISCUSSED WHEN WE KNOW ALL OF THAT. FOR GOODNESS SAKE WE LASTED OVER TWO MONTHS, LETS TAKE THESE LAST 53 OR SO HOURS IN PURE DECODING AND SAVE YELLING AND BICKERING FOR LATER.

• Like 5

I have no attacked a single member on here ever, yet I am getting flamed, a person bringing my child into it, etc. It makes no sense.

Correct, you don't attack individuals. What you do is attack B&M. We get it, you prefer Intamin. But you don't see those that prefer B&M attacking Intamin, do you? Just simply stop attacking other companies and I won't be mad at you.

So it is going to be a lame world record? A tall & fast b&m invert requires lenght to draw out the elements to make them forceless.

Unless the world record breaking elements are tallest, fastest, most inversions, the world record will be lame IMO.

Yea but Intamin could make the same exact ride and you would claim it's the best invert on the planet B&M makes great reliable rides just be happy we are getting a new coaster.

EDIT: Didn't realize that the post I quoted was from two pages ago my bad

Rcrwizard...it's his views, his ideals, and his posts...it's a free forum he can do what he pleases...just because you don't "see" b&m fanboys attacking doesn't mean they don't. If you look there were quite a few intamin attack posts in the past few posts.

Why are you mad at the guy, shutup, post, and enjoy the forum and get over it.

This goes to all members now, people are people and they will always be this way, just move.

Now I know why mods always seem prissy or moderate the hell out of everything like pointbuzz...people being stupid just like this

• Like 3