Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Christmas: we're getting something new and shiny, like an expensive Christmas present

Fourth of July: the nightly fireworks right before the announcement (possibly a slightly bigger show than normal?)

New Year's: ?????

Something new?

• Like 3

Just got back from golfing. Not sure what was worse: my swing or the trolls seen here. ;)

I see our resident A-Rod is stirring the pot still attempting to poison KIC from celebrating a new addition to KI.

Having an open mind works for most of us. For others, they continue to throw temper tantrums because we enjoy KI (and in turn KIC) for the enjoyment the park brings.

I thoroughly enjoy both Intamin and B & M coasters. Each bring new ideas & thrills. Excluding one because you don't enjoy it, great, go to a park (and in turn another site) that is all about Intamin. I will be the first to promote both, or criticize both.

But for heaven's sake, if you don't like KI's new addition, say it once. We get it.

• Like 20

Well I wonder what this guy was delivering yesterday morning???

KingsIsland852013113821AM_zps05854535.jp

Fixed

This truck is most likely on its way back from dropping a load of stuffed animals ot basketballs or some other form of prizes for the games. The games warehouses(there are 3 there) is right next to Flight of Fear and Firehawk behind The Racer, one of the warehouses is actually used in the fall for haunt, I think the maze if that is still a haunted house there. But anyways they use that service road to get there and back.

• Like 7

In legend, a Banshee wails nearby if someone is about to die. There are some special families who are believed to have Banshees attached to them, and whose cries herald the death of a member of that family. Most, though not all, surnames associated with Banshees have the Ó or Mac prefix.[9] They were also associated with the Airlie clan.[8] Accounts of Banshees go back as far as 1380 with the publication of the Cathreim Thoirdhealbhaigh (Triumphs of Torlough) by Sean mac Craith.[10] Mentions of Banshees can also be found in Norman literature of that time.[10] The Ban Si was also known to wail at the crowning of the true king. Such a cry was reported to be heard at the crowning of Brian Boru.

Traditionally, when a person died a woman would sing a lament (in Irish: caoineadh, [ˈkɰiːnʲə] or [ˈkiːnʲuː], "caoin" meaning "to weep, to wail") at the funeral. These women are sometimes referred to as "keeners" and the best keeners would be in much demand. Legend has it that for five great Gaelic families — the O'Gradys, the O'Neills, the Ó Briains, the Ó Conchobhairs, and the Caomhánachs — the lament would be sung by a fairy woman; having foresight, she would sing it when a family member died, even if the person had died far away and news of their death had not yet come, so that the wailing of the Banshee was the first warning the household had of the death.

The Ó Briains' Banshee was thought to have the name of Eevul, and was ruler of 25 other Banshees who would always be at her attendance.[10] It is thought that from this myth comes the idea that the wailing of numerous Banshees signifies the death of a great person.[10]

In later versions, the Banshee might appear before the death and warn the family by wailing.[11] When several Banshees appeared at once, it indicated the death of someone great or holy.[12] The tales sometimes recounted that the woman, though called a fairy, was a ghost, often of a specific murdered woman, or a mother who died in childbirth.[13]

Banshees are frequently described as dressed in white or grey, often having long, pale hair which they brush with a silver comb, a detail scholar Patricia Lysaght attributes to confusion with local mermaid myths. This comb detail is also related to the centuries-old traditional romantic Irish story that, if you ever see a comb lying on the ground in Ireland, you must never pick it up, or the Banshees (or mermaids — stories vary), having placed it there to lure unsuspecting humans, will spirit such gullible humans away. Other stories portray Banshees as dressed in green, red, or black with a grey cloak.[6]

look at this a couple hints we have seen

Already been covered MANY times. Back reading is your friend ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Posted Image

Fixed

This truck is most likely on its way back from dropping a load of stuffed animals ot basketballs or some other form of prizes for the games. The games warehouses(there are 3 there) is right next to Flight of Fear and Firehawk behind The Racer, one of the warehouses is actually used in the fall for haunt, I think the maze if that is still a haunted house there. But anyways they use that service road to get there and back.

Except that truck is back by Flight Deck which is nowhere near the warehouses.

• Like 1

Fixed

it's on its way back from them that is the path they take

Posted Image

Fixed

I will agree to disagree. Lol it doesn't make sense to me at all but I don't know.

Does anyone think KI is super lucky as KBF was expecting a coaster soon, could this be the coaster that might have been earmarked for KBF, CF's only all year running park?

Just a thought?

Maybe a campground for KI and a great coaster, I don't know about height but probably not to compete with Cedar Fair not that high:

Leviathan was rumoured to originally be for KBF but for some reason was moved to Wonderland. So I don't think KI is getting a KBF coaster.

Hello everyone have been watching this thread for awhile now and have enjoyed most of the posts. I just wanted to add my opinion is think it is going to be a flying coaster not sure if it’s the Banshee (I think it is) or The Bat. the drop will only be between 120-150 feet (thats all it needs to break record. it will have a pretzel loop maybe 8 inversions. all and all a sweet ride made by B&M.

• Like 1

First time post but long time follower of KIC ! Really enjoy this thread ! I was really hoping for a 300' coaster but I believe what matters most is whether or not it's going to be a quality riding experience no matter what style or manufacturer it may be . And it absolutely must be able to have high passenger capacity. I go to KI and CP quite a bit each year especially KI , and it seems that the wait times get longer and longer .

• Like 11

Christmas: we're getting something new and shiny, like an expensive Christmas present

Fourth of July: the nightly fireworks right before the announcement (possibly a slightly bigger show than normal?)

We get to kiss someone when the countdown gets to 0!.... Or we countdown to the scheduled time.

• Like 1

Hello everyone have been watching this thread for awhile now and have enjoyed most of the posts. I just wanted to add my opinion is think it is going to be a flying coaster not sure if it’s the Banshee (I think it is) or The Bat. the drop will only be between 120-150 feet (thats all it needs to break record. it will have a pretzel loop maybe 8 inversions. all and all a sweet ride made by B&M.

The only problem, the park already has a flying coaster behind The Racer called Firehawk. By the way, welcome to KICentral! Hope you enjoy it here!

Fixed

I will agree to disagree. Lol it doesn't make sense to me at all but I don't know.

Not to sound like a pain I don't want to argue but anyways it may have been making a delivery for the ride but it is also the same path the games trucks take. If it keeps going the direction its going it goes between flight deck and timber wolf to get back into the main parking lot area. It's the only road that a semi truck is able to get through to to get to the warehouses. It doesn't fit very easily but it does, it used to be a lot harder when SOB was there

• Like 2

With New Year's, I figure it's one of three things:

1. There will be some kind of countdown.

2. Dick Clark will be hosting the announcement.

3. We're all going to start kissing each other when the ride's announced.

(Please be #1. Please...)

EDIT: D'oh. Missed calakapepe's post. Whoops!

• Like 2

....I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? Fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer...? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die?....

Now, replace the word "Jew" with "Intamin fan" or "B&M fan".

What I posted above is part of Shylock's monologue from the Merchant of Venice. It gives you some perspective, because, like Shylock, everyone here (including YoungStud) has feelings. As I alluded to not very long ago, there are real people behind the avatars. Let's keep that in mind, and try to sing that classic hit by the Youngbloods.

• Like 1

The only problem, the park already has a flying coaster behind The Racer called Firehawk. By the way, welcome to KICentral! Hope you enjoy it here!

Thats how i thought at first too. But then i started thinking(don't worry didn't hurt to bad) they are not going to break a record they just set, so wing coaster is out. no wooden coaster because of sob. it could br an inverted and i haven't disgaurded that. It just seems like with the names we think it could be that the flying coaster best represents them( and the records wouldn't be to difficult to break). as for the Firehawk there are not to many flying coasters around and a park with two of them would have more appeal.

You forgot Snickers on there. :lol:

Happy? Anything else that shouldn't have been left off?

2013thebeastmaster.png

If you're serious, I want one :)

I'll print them if there's enough interest, as long as I can get name badges through the printer without them jamming. If you're interested and will be at KI on Thursday, let me know so I can get an approximate count.

Also see the meet-up thread: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27900-aug-8-announcement-meet-up

• Like 7