Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Maybe this ride is a filler coaster and we will get our giga sooner.

There was the rumor that this was part of a 3 year plan.....

I know you are in love with a giga, but If you had to pick between a giga, a strata, and an El Toro type woodie, what would you take?

All three.

I would choose a strata with just one pick,

It would be a hard choice between a strata and el toro for me. El toro is just a beast of a roller coaster. My gf hates coasters but wanted to keep going on it. But there is just something about the rush of that strata launch that is hard to beat.

Well I wonder what this guy was delivering yesterday morning???

KingsIsland852013113821AM_zps05854535.jp

Fixed

This truck is most likely on its way back from dropping a load of stuffed animals ot basketballs or some other form of prizes for the games. The games warehouses(there are 3 there) is right next to Flight of Fear and Firehawk behind The Racer, one of the warehouses is actually used in the fall for haunt, I think the maze if that is still a haunted house there. But anyways they use that service road to get there and back.
I am not buying what you are selling! In all my years I have never seen a semi in that area, Second that is a container truck not something they would to transport merchandise!

Martinin is right. In all my years I have seen plenty of semis in that area. Not everything is for the 2014 attraction,

• Like 8

Fixed

This truck is most likely on its way back from dropping a load of stuffed animals ot basketballs or some other form of prizes for the games. The games warehouses(there are 3 there) is right next to Flight of Fear and Firehawk behind The Racer, one of the warehouses is actually used in the fall for haunt, I think the maze if that is still a haunted house there. But anyways they use that service road to get there and back.
I am not buying what you are selling! In all my years I have never seen a semi in that area, Second that is a container truck not something they would to transport merchandise!
Again I'm not saying it wasn't delivering parts for the new attraction but it was most likely a games delivery. And believe it or not a lot of our trucks are containers especially the basketball trucks. Well i shouldn't say our anymore but I did work in the games department for 8 years and helped with many deliveries in my time there as well as driving all the service roads. That is the only way in and out for those warehouses

For semis anyways

Edited by Martinin3333
  • Like 3

OK, this has been bugging me about the Blueprint video. There is a weird set of double footers right before the norwegian loop(batwing) and I can't figure out why they have a set like these:

9457241502_841abd8b17_o.jpg

The support ghost lines show they go to the middle of the two supports. Would there be a need to make a frames on each side for any reason? There is no inversion at this point. MCBR? Idk and am just stumped by it. Anyone else know why they'd do this?

Oooh. Shipment methods. A topic I'm actually somewhat qualified to speak on! I would assume that game prizes and general park merchandise is made somewhere in Asia. That being said, the freight would likely be ocean shipped in a container (see the pic) or via an express shipper in a plane. If it was express shipped, it would likely arrive in a small brown, yellow, or white truck.

Edit: I said "brown" twice. This is what happens when I type with my thumbs.

• Like 1

I know you are in love with a giga, but If you had to pick between a giga, a strata, and an El Toro type woodie, what would you take?

i would want a giga coaster, strata coasters are broken down quite often, and if i want to ride a good wooden coaster i would ride The Beast!

OK, this has been bugging me about the Blueprint video. There is a weird set of double footers right before the norwegian loop(batwing) and I can't figure out why they have a set like these:

9457241502_841abd8b17_o.jpg

The support ghost lines show they go to the middle of the two supports. Would there be a need to make a frames on each side for any reason? There is no inversion at this point. MCBR? Idk and am just stumped by it. Anyone else know why they'd do this?

Perhaps the swoop needs extra supports because that is were it could pick up more speed from the extra depth down the hill. (hopefully a forceful spot!)

When we rode Racer no one gave me the finger this time.

Gotta love immature teenagers who think its cool as can be to give someone the finger. Almost makes me wish we were as close as you can be on Gemini so I can break it.

• Like 1

Gotta love immature teenagers who think its cool as can be to give someone the finger. Almost makes me wish we were as close as you can be on Gemini so I can break it.

Why would someone give a grown man with 'Pythons' the finger in the first place even if they were provoked? Seems kinda sketchy to old Jr. Nobody has ever given me the finger outside the safety of their car window and then I wave and smile. :)

• Like 1

Why would someone give a grown man with 'Pythons' the finger in the first place even if they were provoked? Seems kinda sketchy to old Jr. Nobody has ever given me the finger outside the safety of their car window and then I wave and smile. :)

Its never personally bothered me that much, but the idea of it is just so immature. When ever kids do that on rides like that I tend to just look at them with a blank stare like they're idiots.

• Like 2

Well if he isn't a wanna be mod or a real mod he has no place telling me what I can post or how often I can post, it's that simple. On that note, I'm going to bed. 6am comes early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's really simple....do you think anyone is reading this thread to see whether you like tapatalk or anything else not related to Kings Island? It's hard enough to read this thread with all the posts without reading a bunch of useless non-sense. I realize you are probably part of the "ME" generation, but have some respect for WHY people are on here. I can assure that this is not a forum or post about your preferences for utilizing the internet. Peace out.

• Like 4

I would take a terracoaster :P
  • Like 1

Its never personally bothered me that much, but the idea of it is just so immature. When ever kids do that on rides like that I tend to just look at them with a blank stare like they're idiots.

Ha!

Usually if I'm witha group of friends, we'll split up and yell at each other.

On the actual topic, the announcement is tomorrow! I'm way too stoked for this.

Fixed

Again I'm not saying it wasn't delivering parts for the new attraction but it was most likely a games delivery. And believe it or not a lot of our trucks are containers especially the basketball trucks. Well i shouldn't say our anymore but I did work in the games department for 8 years and helped with many deliveries in my time there as well as driving all the service roads. That is the only way in and out for those warehouses

For semis anyways

Containers are used to to deliver merchandise. They are loaded in an overseas port, stacked on a ship, unloaded in an American port, put on a train, arrive to the nearest train depot, put on a flat bed, and finally delivered to the point of destination. I use to clear these through customs when I worked in logistics and a lot of the containers I cleared were filled with toys.

Is the announcement going to be streamed tomorrow night? (There were 13 pages added since I last logged on yesterday and I am work right now so I can't read through them all).

I would love for a 500' rocket to be built over the top of the fountain and the top hat be over the Eiffel Tower.

Kinda like this but Intamin?

Strong possibility that KI website leak could be true. Even if its not, we all have our doubts(including me) we know for sure that height will definitely, not be that much higher than 200 feet, which leads me to believe that this could be legit.

The small gap between the two big footers at the base of the hill are 10ft apart, or 1/2inch...big enough for an invert cart?

gi_zps5a68040e.png

Don't forget to add about 10ft to the final because if it is an invert there's no way the lift is starting from 0 unless they dig out underneath it.

• Like 7