Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I think they will be here where I circled. I also spy a single rider line. Or what I think might be one.stairs_zps57150a5c.jpg

And from the blueprints, you can also see doors that you will have to open to get inside. Hopefully this means a lot of themeing. (You also can see an exit door.

I guess those could be doors, but my money is on gates. Doors tend to have a half circle attached to them in architectural drawings. See restrooms above.

I think they will be here where I circled. I also spy a single rider line. Or what I think might be one.Posted Image

And from the blueprints, you can also see doors that you will have to open to get inside. Hopefully this means a lot of themeing. (You also can see an exit door.

Very interesting. Good job.

Only thing I'm slightly skeptical of but you can't tell in the blueprints and it could have since been revised. If looks to be the controls are on the unload side of the platform, or hopefully possibly above.

As much as cameras watching the ride is nice, in controls from my opinion, you should be able to see a bit of the ride with your own eyes to monitor other than just the station, especially the lift when it's your main area to stop something serious from happening or guests being stupid on the ride.

You can't really see much of The Beast or Diamondback from their control booths.

• Like 5

Strong possibility that KI website leak could be true. Even if its not, we all have our doubts(including me) we know for sure that height will definitely, not be that much higher than 200 feet, which leads me to believe that this could be legit.

The small gap between the two big footers at the base of the hill are 10ft apart, or 1/2inch...big enough for an invert cart?

gi_zps5a68040e.png

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, just wanted to calculate it for my own benefit and share...

If the distance from the start of the lift hill to the end of the lift hill is indeed 200 feet, just some food for thought

If the lift hill angle is:

30 degrees, the height would be 120 ft.

35 degrees=140 ft

40 degrees=170 ft

45 degrees=200 ft

50 degrees=230 ft

These obviously aren't to the inch, i'm trying to do the math in my head, so just close estimates. Depending on the height of the track from the ground, this could differ by as much as 30 feet or more, these measurements assume the track sits directly on the ground (unlikely). Every degree of increased incline adds APPROXIMATELY 10 feet in height when spread across a 200 foot long span of ground.

• Like 2

Actually in the above pic it could be a fence.

That doesn't quite make sense as it would go through that circle I pointed out yesterday (which we think is either a fountain or some sort of signage like Gatekeeper)

Also, that means it would go through the queue.... :wacko:

Maybe I'm just dumb but if the lift hill is only 200 feet long wouldn't it have to go straight up for it to reach 200 feet in the air?

Keep in mind the lift hill is not 200 feet long. That is the distance of the lift if it travelled at a 0 degree angle; so techinally, the lift hill will be longer than 200 feet but the height varies depending on the angle (you can have anywhere from 1 foot tall to however long the lift hill is (which would be a vertical lift; which we know will not happen))

Only thing I'm slightly skeptical of but you can't tell in the blueprints and it could have since been revised. If looks to be the controls are on the unload side of the platform, or hopefully possibly above.

As much as cameras watching the ride is nice, in controls from my opinion, you should be able to see a bit of the ride with your own eyes to monitor other than just the station, especially the lift when it's your main area to stop something serious from happening or guests being stupid on the ride.

You can't really see much of The Beast or Diamondback from their control booths.

See that's the thing with their controls too, I don't like that from an operational standpoint, just a small pet peeve of mine when it comes to safety. Also like someone pointed out and now me thinking of it, it could be above like GK & other wing riders...hmm..more speculation. We shall see, one more day and all is solved.

^But if this is an invert, having a control booth above would mean the booth is above the track and you would hardly see any of the train (maybe even none of the riders)

EDIT: And it will be one long day tomorrow...they just had to pick 10pm.....why not 10am!!!! :P

• Like 5

I think they will be here where I circled. I also spy a single rider line. Or what I think might be one.stairs_zps57150a5c.jpg

Just hard to make sense of it. I'm curious why it's all blacked out and doesn't have the individual steps drawn, unless it was a ramp I wish there were steps because then I could figure out station height.

Its "blackend" or "thickened" up as you say, because that is the background information for that particular drawing. The intent of that particular drawing is to show the items labeled T-TA-3, and P-19F. Dollar to a donut says this is a site utility plan. The T-TA-3 that is being relocated is probably a transformer, the P-19-F is probably a pull station, the darkened lines running b/w the 2 items, then down the page is probably electrical conduit. It could be storm drainage as well, or perhaps even another utility. Anyhoo, lets just assume its electrical stuff, doesn't exactly matter to your question. The guy designing the electrical stuff is in no way, shape or form responsible for the stairs, que lines or station. He shows that on his plans as a point of reference, but they intended not to stand out b/c the people installing the electric off of that particular plan are only considered about their job, not what the carpenter or steel erector need to do. Additionally, the guy installing the site electric isn't going to install the stairs, gates, stationg, etc... By going this route, which is common to all construction projects, you can easily divide up the drawings by trade so that those installing and bidding on a particular portion of the job, only get the drawings they need, not 100+ extra drawings that they're never going to build off; its makes things cleaner. Imagine how dirty a set of drawings gets working out in exposed conditions, in the mud, rain, heat, etc... All those extra drawings are just wasted time, money and resources.

the stairs will be details on an architectural set of drawings. There will likely be an elevation of that section as if you were looking at it straight on. The gates will be detailed, stationg will be detailed, etc... Again, this is common to all construction projects where you've got architectural details, structural information, pluming information, sanitary and storm information, possibly HVAC information, electrical information, foundation information, fire protection information, site work information, landscapping information, etc... As you can see, all the different trades add up quickly. In no way, shape or form, will the guy (or gal) building those stairs be looking at the page when it comes time to build it. I mentioned sometime back on this thread, when someone re-iterated that the foundation workers only knew were they were to put the footers, and nothing else that that may be true of the guy in the field, but when the company was bidding on the work, they likely sat thru design and/or construction meetings where a full set of drawings were available. There is quite a bit of coordination b/w trades; if you're doing your work in a vaccuum conflicts become costly to fix, but if you work in a team, look for and identify conflicts ahead of time, they can be worked out before they pop up in the field.

I hope that helps. The steps are there, but the nature of the drawing just blurs it all together. You can probably figure out the height of the steps just as easily as knowing the run of the steps is going to be the length of the darkened areas, I'm pretty sure the rise is pretty standard unit/length of run.

• Like 8

That wouldn't happen with an invert having the station above, so if it's above, it's not an invert...so are we getting an invert or not :)

Hmm...the thoughts...

Like I said, honestly I would prefer controls to be at either back, preferrably unload towards the lift. If it had to be at the front like most B&M's, I'd put it at load side. You can watch cameras all the time, but they're not always the best view, and is a bit of a safety issue from my point of view. It's not required per operational guidelines or ASTM...but personally, I view it more safe

Maybe this ride is a filler coaster and we will get our giga sooner.

There was the rumor that this was part of a 3 year plan.....

I know you are in love with a giga, but If you had to pick between a giga, a strata, and an El Toro type woodie, what would you take?

I know this question wasn't to me, but I can't help but comment on anything El Toro related...El Toro is better than either KK or TTD imo, I like the drop on MF and I305 but found the rest of the ride less than incredible. El Toro is phenomenal...

• Like 1

So here is how tall the lift would be if we assume the 200 feet of space it can occupy.

If the angle is

30 degrees = 115 feet tall

35 degrees = 140 feet tall

40 degrees = 168 feet tall

45 degrees = 200 feet tall

This does not take into consideration the height of the starting point of the lift, so that could add between 10-20 feet as well

beat me to it, sorry for the repeat post...