Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Knotts is so landlocked. It's so weird when I go and visit knotts and I can jog around the park on city sidewalks.

Wow you're right. Those who say CP is landlocked, look at Knott's!

Yep. It is also very small park. You can take interesting photos of all of coaster tracks from parking lot. They are so close to each other.

Personally I prefer Magic Mountain to Knotts. To me Xcelerator is the only re ride at knotts.

Now hold your horses here. You telling me you like magic mountain over Knott's while there only two intamin coasters are a one trick pony(superman escape from krypton) and a crush your balls moment (green lantern).

Personally I prefer Magic Mountain to Knotts. To me Xcelerator is the only re ride at knotts.

I would have said that a few years ago, but Knott's is WAY better now. Full Throttle/Tatsu are the best there. X2 has gone down the tubes, Green Lantern blows. Superman is alright. Riddler's and Scream are ok. Apocalypse has gotten a little rough, but is still wild. Still just a crappy park compared to Knott's (especially with KBFs new management)

Perhaps a little thunder and lightning will add to the ambiance of the event.... :ph34r:

The more I've thought about it, the funnier it gets...

Don: Ladies and Gentlemen, Kings Island is proud to announce our new attraction for 2014, "The [loud thunder interrupts]..."

.... "Well, how 'bout that?... Once again, ladies and gentlemen, announcing the new [[[boom! Crackle crackle!]]]..."

.... "Ah-ha. Yes. Okay. One more time. Let's give it up for our new ride, the b-[[[Crack-ack-ack-ack Rumble,rumble rumble!]]]

.... "Ladiesandgentlenournewrideiscalledtheba-[[[Crackle-kaboom!]]]..."Oh, come on!"

• Like 21

Perhaps a little thunder and lightning will add to the ambiance of the event.... :ph34r:

The more I've thought about it, the funnier it gets...

Don: Ladies and Gentlemen, Kings Island is proud to announce our new attraction for 2014, "The [loud thunder interrupts]..."

.... "Well, how 'bout that?... Once again, ladies and gentlemen, announcing the new [[[boom! Crackle crackle!]]]..."

.... "Ah-ha. Yes. Okay. One more time. Let's give it up for our new ride, the b-[[[Crack-ack-ack-ack Rumble,rumble rumble!]]]

.... "Ladiesandgentlenournewrideiscalledtheba-[[[Crackle-kaboom!]]]..."Oh, come on!"

....GP: "Did you hear that, the new ride is going to be called Oh, come on!"

....Don: *facepalm*

• Like 15

3vfazy.jpg

so let me get this straight.... its okay to want a giga, or an invert, or a wing rider, or ANY NUMBER OF other things we have speculated this coaster could be in this thread, but it is NOT OKAY to want a stupid inverted wingrider that would be 100% new and unique to Kings Island, and one of a kind in the world?

i'm not saying its what i want, i frankly don't care what we get. just glad we are getting something since there are parks and people around the world that would be thrilled with whatever we are about to receive... but honestly, its not out of the realm of possibilities at this point.

i dont think its fair to call reasonable idea stupid... and as i said, this is 100% reasonable. it may not be this year, but i could see it happening sometime in the future with the evolution of coasters.

• Like 1

^I was trying to see if we could make it an hour without this topic blowing up. And look what you have done.

On a serious note. Think about it. What is the difference between an inverted wing coaster and a standard wing coaster in terms of rider experience? Absolutely nothing. Nada. Your literately in the exact same position as before. On the sides of the track. From a mechanical standpoint, it would very likely put a lot more stress on the wheels or the train and the track to try to invert a wing rider. (Which is pointless.) So why on Earth would B&M or Cedar Fair want to even think about that. It simply does not make any sense. And when I hear of the concept on every other page of this thread, I want to pull my hair out. Lol. Make it stop.

• Like 9

3vfazy.jpg

so let me get this straight.... its okay to want a giga, or an invert, or a wing rider, or ANY NUMBER OF other things we have speculated this coaster could be in this thread, but it is NOT OKAY to want a stupid inverted wingrider that would be 100% new and unique to Kings Island, and one of a kind in the world?

i'm not saying its what i want, i frankly don't care what we get. just glad we are getting something since there are parks and people around the world that would be thrilled with whatever we are about to receive... but honestly, its not out of the realm of possibilities at this point.

i dont think its fair to call reasonable idea stupid... and as i said, this is 100% reasonable. it may not be this year, but i could see it happening sometime in the future with the evolution of coasters.

It's a stupid idea because it's virtually the same as a non-inverted Wing Coaster, but more difficult to support. This idea is stupid and pointless, and it's not going to happen.

To be fair, there is virtually no advantage to an inverted WingRider over a regular WingRider/Invert. It'd just end up being either an inverted coaster with more space between the two middle seats or a regular WingRider with an unnecessarily complicated support structure.

• Like 6

It's a stupid idea because it's virtually the same as a non-inverted Wing Coaster, but more difficult to support. This idea is stupid and pointless, and it's not going to happen.

While I do agree an inverted wing would be the same experience as a normal wing, I find it interesting you can absolutely 100% guarantee it will not happen.

There are only a handful (maybe less) here that know what the ride actually is. Everyone else is still decoding. What makes you so sure?

• Like 7

Just rolled up by Clermont Steel...I see two trailers out front..and two on the right side (kind of hidden by the trees...etc) all of the same blue colored support/track - Another trailer is there...with some kind of maroonish colored equipment. Have a picture of the front two trailers but its basically the same picture everyone has seen. If yall pull in the old Ford plants back entrance and park you can almost get a good enough look...(that way you arent trespassing on CSF property)

Just rolled up by Clermont Steel...I see two trailers out front..and two on the right side (kind of hidden by the trees...etc) all of the same blue colored support/track - Another trailer is there...with some kind of maroonish colored equipment. Have a picture of the front two trailers but its basically the same picture everyone has seen. If yall pull in the old Ford plants back entrance and park you can almost get a good enough look...(that way you arent trespassing on CSF property)

No, then you're only trespassing on the old Ford plant property.

• Like 3

While I do agree an inverted wing would be the same experience as a normal wing, I find it interesting you can absolutely 100% guarantee it will not happen.

There are only a handful (maybe less) here that know what the ride actually is. Everyone else is still decoding. What makes you so sure?

The overwhelming evidence such as the drawings which show it as an Invert. And the Invert supports which match the drawing. Those drawings show no accommodation to this supposed Inverted Wing Coaster. There is no evidence of B&M using that concept anywhere. Look at my previous posts, which explains my thought process clearer. There's no need to decode when we have all the evidence right in front of us.

• Like 2

In this picture, you get a good perspective of where Wing Rider passengers sit next to the track. You are telling me that the forces wouldn't be felt different if it were inverted and the riders would sit slightly lower than the track instead of slightly above like a normal wing rider?

253603520-24171620.jpg

• Like 1

If there is a sign...it isnt enforced and never was...unless you were parked long term or doing something illegal. I worked Security there for 4 years and currenty know someone who's involved with the property now. (Was visiting him) its used as a public drop off point for many things (child custody drop offs, etc) - its being reopened...maybe new management will change the rules...Im just familar with how things have been operated. I guess I have an excuse as to why I went onto the old Ford property. Wasnt meaning to start a 'trespassing war' - shouldnt have recommended to park there. Just passing on the latest views...

• Like 2

You are telling me that the forces wouldn't be felt different if it were inverted and the riders would sit slightly lower than the track instead of slightly above like a normal wing rider?

No. Then the forces would feel like an inverted coaster with slightly farther apart seats.

In this picture, you get a good perspective of where Wing Rider passengers sit next to the track. You are telling me that the forces wouldn't be felt different if it were inverted and the riders would sit slightly lower than the track instead of slightly above like a normal wing rider?

The forces would be un-noticeably different. The ride design would be slightly altered and would most likely feel identical to a normal Wing Coaster. The whole concept has no marketable value, is impractical, and will not happen. Why is this even being discussed?

• Like 2

253603520-24171620.jpg

I still want a wing coaster named The Bat :P Then again a Inverted coaster name Banshee would be nice. :P haha

• Like 1

No, then you're only trespassing on the old Ford plant property.

Except that it's now the location of UC East, public college campus, so not trespassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3