Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Overall this is what one can deduce so far Height:? Length: .75-1 mile Inversions: 5-6 ( 2 loops, batwing, at least one zero g roll)

Mock up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uT2dYfd49M&feature=c4-overview&list=UUGQ-GoleMI5SnqLSyfmIT0Q

There are a few things wrong in that video....the biggest one being that the entire layout is mirrored to what the blueprints show...

Also, Screamscape is no reporting that Flight Deck might be renamed The Bat because the Flight Deck logos on the trains have been removed. Really?!?! <_<

On another note, it sucks that people like me (who live far away from the park) can't see anything from the webcams because of the weather... :(

• Like 1

Overall this is what one can deduce so far Height:? Length: .75-1 mile Inversions: 5-6 ( 2 loops, batwing, at least one zero g roll)

Mock up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uT2dYfd49M&feature=c4-overview&list=UUGQ-GoleMI5SnqLSyfmIT0Q

There are a few things wrong in that video....the biggest one being that the entire layout is mirrored to what the blueprints show...

Also, Screamscape is no reporting that Flight Deck might be renamed The Bat because the Flight Deck logos on the trains have been removed. Really?!?! <_>

On another note, it sucks that people like me (who live far away from the park) can't see anything from the webcams because of the weather... :(

I will make a point of going on Flight Deck but afaik the trains haven't had the logo on them in quite awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wouldn't say this info is 100% accurate but remember when someone mentioned that the news publisher will already know what the ride is before the announcment so they can write and article on it?

Well one person from TPR said they talked to a news reporter at a Reds game yesterday and the news reporter said it would be the tallest and fastest inverted roller coaster.

Again, not 100% accurate and don't quote me on this.

On that note, 700WLW reported this morning that it will be the tallest and fastest Wing Coaster. Then they went on to describe a wing coaster as being similar to what The Bat was. Then yet later they went on to say it will be a suspended coaster. Methinkstheydon'tknowwhatthey'retalkingabout.

• Like 11

under the "it has nothing to directly to do w/ the 2014 project, but I found it interesting" file:

In the last 10 years or so of traveling 71s past KI on the way to work, I saw something I've never seen before at 7:50 in the morning. I've seen Vortex stopped on the lift hill on a regular basis, I've seen WindSeeker in testing more times than I think the park anticipated when they made the purchase, but today I saw Delerium in full mid operation. Perhaps they got the ride running as a reward for all the people that spent last night getting things ready for today. Sounds like a great way to end the midnight shift.

Ok so I been reading this forum since the park opened this yr and I must say its been interesting to read everyone's input on the new ride. It seems some of you are very smart when it comes to roller coasters and things of this nature, anyway I have a question.... I noticed on one of the pics of the blue track at the steel plant in Batavia, there was a label on the one pic showing the job no and codes for a few different aspects of the ride. Well what is the significance of the Gross Weight! It's like 2789 or something like that, and if I'm not mistaken on a pic of Gatekeeper's track last yr the gross weight read something in the 800's! Does that mean this track will cover over 3 times the space of Gatekeeper? Just curious, I don't think this has been brought up yet!

Ok so I been reading this forum since the park opened this yr and I must say its been interesting to read everyone's input on the new ride. It seems some of you are very smart when it comes to roller coasters and things of this nature, anyway I have a question.... I noticed on one of the pics of the blue track at the steel plant in Batavia, there was a label on the one pic showing the job no and codes for a few different aspects of the ride. Well what is the significance of the Gross Weight! It's like 2789 or something like that, and if I'm not mistaken on a pic of Gatekeeper's track last yr the gross weight read something in the 800's! Does that mean this track will cover over 3 times the space of Gatekeeper? Just curious, I don't think this has been brought up yet!

I am just speculating, but I would think that the gross weight indicated on a label is referring to the weight of that individual piece.

That's tells you how much the track/support piece weighs. That number can be 800 for one piece and 1300 for another...it depends how much steel is used for that piece (if a track piece needs to withstand more force/pressure, more steel is used)

Found this interesting...It's from the wikipedia page about the Banshee "This comb detail is also related to the centuries-old traditional romantic Irish story that, if you ever see a comb lying on the ground in Ireland, you must never pick it up, or the Banshees (or mermaids — stories vary), having placed it there to lure unsuspecting humans, will spirit such gullible humans away."

...Don't pick up the comb it's meant to mislead you!

I'm still going on the fact that one pic showed a comb that was broken. And that kills a Banshee. Therefore, I don't think the name is Banshee.

• Like 1

here are the latest from Twitter: Kings Island @KingsIslandPR

Our guests will be in the loop for what's new for 2014 tonight when we unveil plans for a new world record-breaking attraction.

and

Kings Island @KingsIslandPR

Months of rumors, speculation and refusal by some to believe Son of Beast isn't coming back end tonight at 10pm. #KingsIsland2014

• Like 6