Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Looks like fox 19 is about to talk about the announcement here after the commercial break if you are by a tv, prob will just tell us what we already know tho, that the announcement is at 10 pm lol

Well i am streaming this "news cast" on my phone since this was posted, almost 30 minutes and three teases later, they might be doing a live report.

Nice Don explained the names on some of the Tombstones were people from KIC! Thanks Big Fella!

Edited by trevor75
  • Like 2

Can someone who is there confirm if the fence is actually coming down or not. I realize you won't be able to go over there until 10. It's hard to tell from the far away foggy cam

If you look really close it looks like part of the fence is indeed gone.

• Like 1

You mean 12 lllooonnnggg hours. :rolleyes:

EDIT: There has to be some sort of leak showing concept art or something official within this time frame. Every roller coaster announcement for the past 2 years (as far as I know) has been leaked whether it be the logo, or concept art!

And is anyone at the park yet (I know, the park has only be open for 5 minutes)? There seems to be something next to the tree in the middle of the construction site that I can't make out from the webcams (It looks blue!). EDIT AGAIN: It is a truck because its moving! :P

• Like 4

Looks like fox 19 is about to talk about the announcement here after the commercial break if you are by a tv, prob will just tell us what we already know tho, that the announcement is at 10 pm lol

Well i am streaming this "news cast" on my phone since this was posted, almost 30 minutes and three teases later, they might be doing a live report.

Nice Don explained the names on some of the Tombstones were people from KIC! Thanks Big Fella!

I dont live local so i cant watch that news channel. Any chance you can give me a summary? :)

It seems the closer we get to 10 P.M., the farther away it feels. Luckily, I have Breaking Bad to keep me company. :) Come on 10 P.M.!

My prediction:

B&M Invert

198-205 ft tall

185 ft drop

70-72 mph

Around 3,800 ft

7 inversions

• Like 1

Here are my theories behind the Son of Beast isn't coming back tweet:

1. It is just a straightforward tweet

2. They are playing up the whole death theme

3. Who has been saying SOB is coming back? Nobody that I know of. We have recently been saying The Bat may be coming back though. Maybe this is a case of look at what wasn't said. (Retheming of Flightdeck not a wing rider)

I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'.

• Like 1

Here are my theories behind the Son of Beast isn't coming back tweet:

1. It is just a straightforward tweet

2. They are playing up the whole death theme

3. Who has been saying SOB is coming back? Nobody that I know of. We have recently been saying The Bat may be coming back though. Maybe this is a case of look at what wasn't said. (Retheming of Flightdeck not a wing rider)

I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'.

The whole time i have been saying that i thought this coaster would be themed around the death of SOB

Kinda found this odd. On Screamscape it said that the logos on Flight Deck's trains were removed recently. If that is the case i could very well see the name being changed to "The Bat" because 1) the previous one was called that 2) if our new ride is actually named Banshee it would kinda go with the theme of the area of spooky or scary. 3) some of Dons tweets earlier in the season mentioned the old bat and flight deck. Just some food for thought.

Flight Deck is in need of a PAINT JOB....a SERIOUS ONE...

the stairs and the ride station are chipped away..like a bomb went off. Have they ever swept and mopped back there...either? it's always filled with dust/leaves/sticks/etc...

So, that could go along with some people's belief that we are getting the Banshee and The Bat...and that logo/color scheme is REAL...it's just not for the new coaster...it's for the Flight Deck's retheme. Then again, probably just a bunch of BS...again...

It would be outstanding if the re-opened the old "aircraft carrier" section of flight deck's queue line and re-themed it in a spooky bat-cave fashion. I realize that no-one rides flight deck and it would only make the queue longer, but I still think it would be cool. Especially during Haunt. Thoughts?

• Like 1

yKPF5Ez.jpg

I know this is a webcam, but I cannot help but think that SOB former station looks like it belongs to Flight Deck? It just looks that way even though it's not. Anybody else feel like this at all?

Yes, lol, every time I look at the webcam I have to tell myself that that is the old Son of Beast station, not Flight Deck's. It's so deceiving because it appears that Flight Deck's track actually goes in the station.

• Like 2

I dont live local so i cant watch that news channel. Any chance you can give me a summary? :)

Wasn't much to be honest. Just that the announcement was tonight at 10, they opened the gate to the construction area and panned around a little, then showed the Celtic Crosses and they asked Don about the names on the Tombstones. And they made it a point to say he (Don) is still calling it an attraction and not yet a coaster.