Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

This is what I have predicted…

It will be the longest steel coaser in the world. I think this because If almost all footers are poured what will they do in off season besides put up supports and track. Usually if its a big ride like Leviathan than they will start early. Also I think that they have more footers to put down (a lot). Ibthink they shaped out the coaster for us so we could guess but then turn out to be wrong. Honestly there are really only a few world records. (Tallest Invert, Steepest launch coaster, worlds biggest loop on a woodie.) To me those are secondary records. World records are like (tallest coaster, longest coaster, fastest coaster) However there are seprate records for wood and steel cause they are made from different materials. To me this is just my opinion :P now to wait for this announcement (:

• Like 1

Where did you find this?

It's in the .css of their site, kind of:
https://www.visitkingsisland.com/css/screen.css

This line was commented out:

/*.m2014-microsite #marketing .container .leftborder.internal, .m2014-microsite #marketing .container .leftborder{ background: url('/images/purple/border-panel-left.png') top left no-repeat; }
.m2014-microsite #marketing .container .rightborder.internal, .m2014-microsite #marketing .container .rightborder{ background: url('/images/purple/border-panel-right.png') top left no-repeat; }*/

This was the fake one:

.m2014-microsite #marketing .container .bottomborder{ background: url('/images/structure/border-panel-bottom-2014.png') top left no-repeat; }

I assumed there had to be a border-panel-bottom.png in the /purple/ directory. And sure enough, there was.
  • Like 1

Where did you find this?

It's in the .css of their site, kind of:

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/css/screen.css

This line was commented out:

/*.m2014-microsite #marketing .container .leftborder.internal, .m2014-microsite #marketing .container .leftborder{ background: url('/images/purple/border-panel-left.png') top left no-repeat; }
.m2014-microsite #marketing .container .rightborder.internal, .m2014-microsite #marketing .container .rightborder{ background: url('/images/purple/border-panel-right.png') top left no-repeat; }*/

This was the fake one:

.m2014-microsite #marketing .container .bottomborder{ background: url('/images/structure/border-panel-bottom-2014.png') top left no-repeat; }

I assumed there had to be a border-panel-bottom.png in the /purple/ directory. And sure enough, there was.

Find more find more!!

• Like 1

They are announcing a ride at 10 PM (Eastern)? I'd understand somewhat if it was totally an electronic announcement with all of the info being released online, but I thought they were going to do a physical press conference at the park today for it. Why in the hell would they wait until 10 to do so? Seems a bit strange...

I am bummed! Longest is a cop out IMO.

Completely disagree. Based on what we've seen so far the new coaster looks like Montu 2.0. Montu is definitely the best invert in the US IMO, so the fact that this will give us more track time is fantastic!

• Like 4