Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

How can anybody say they're disappointed? It baffles me.

I mean, come on. Really? You're disappointed already? The ride hasn't even gone vertical yet!

Kings Island is getting a brand new shiny ride that hasn't even been announced yet, and nobody has ridden yet, and yet people are STILL saying they're disappointed solely on the world record it will most likely be breaking?

Grow up, people.

This site has some of the most ungrateful human beings I've ever met on it.

• Like 18

They are announcing a ride at 10 PM (Eastern)? I'd understand somewhat if it was totally an electronic announcement with all of the info being released online, but I thought they were going to do a physical press conference at the park today for it. Why in the hell would they wait until 10 to do so? Seems a bit strange...

It keeps the guests in the park longer.
  • Like 1

Well..I'll be honest...this sucks.

Why? Did you think it wasn't going to be an Invert? Cause all the proof was there.

No, I was getting excited for tallest invert.

Also I change my mind, it doesn't suck, I was really just hoping for tallest. :(

I was really hoping it would be the world's shortest coaster.

Come on people, more track is better, everything is pointing towards an invert, anyone on this site that is bummed out by the announcement has been refusing to pay attention.

• Like 1

I mean, come on. Really? You're disappointed already? The ride hasn't even gone vertical yet!

Kings Island is getting a brand new shiny ride that hasn't even been announced yet, and nobody has ridden yet, and yet people are STILL saying they're disappointed solely on the world record it will most likely be breaking?

Grow up, people.

Everything can always be worse bro. The hype of this announcement and it will end up being a forceless long invert is a bummer.

Its like your 16 and your parents get you a POS car, you are dissapointed cause you wanted something a little better. Then your parents say, it is transportation and will get you where you want to go.

There will always be people who don't like something....that's just how the world works.

I understand, but it really baffles me how people can even dare to say they're "disappointed" about a ride that hasn't been announced, gone vertical, given test rides, or opened yet. That'd be like me saying "I was disappointed about my Christmas present before I opened it."

• Like 2

My prediction:

Height: 218 (there's room for it to be 200-220 feet tall, depending on angle, plus starting height)

Length: 3806 (based on the blueprints, I wanna say 3680-3900 feet; dont see it being much more)

Inversions: 7

Edit: to comply with new info, I guess 4086 feet long.

Grow up, people.

I'm not really disappointed, but rather baffled by the fact that they started this "massive" project so early and are saying its a world record breaker, only for it to have the edge in length. I sincerely hope it's more than that.

I am also disappointed. I was hyping myself up for an invert by telling myself it could be the highest. I'm just not a fan of inverts, but find big drops exciting. Oh well.

It could stil be the world's tallest invert, or perhaps world's tallest full circuit invert (more likely of those 2 records). I'd venture a guess, that if you're going to put a banner advertising a new ride, telling the general public that your putting in the longest coaster of its kind is an easier sell than putting in the tallest of its kind if both statements are true. I'm guessing that the 1 thing the general public hates the most is a 2 hour wait for a 30 second ride. Another thought is that no one is scared of a coaster that is longer than another coaster, many are timid of heights, and would shy away from something they're sold as the tallest.

Not to mention that World's tallest full circuit invert...new in 2014 is a lot wordier for a banner like that than world's longest invert...new in 2014.

Either way, based upon the layou that we've seen so far, I think this is going to be great, another home run for KI.

• Like 1

My memory tells me that the "boats" for white water canyon were on display at winter fest the season prior (right up by the front gate), or perhaps the end of the season.

I think the same from King Cobra, but I could be wrong, I was fairly young at the time. Announcing large attractions towards the end of the season, right before season passes go on sale is nothing new.

Yes, if my memory serves me well, the KC train/seat was up at the front gate under the IR., and I do remember the WWC boat out in front of the fountain..

My prediction:

Height: 218 (there's room for it to be 200-220 feet tall, depending on angle, plus starting height)

Length: 3806 (based on the blueprints, I wanna say 3680-3900 feet; dont see it being much more)

Have you been here?

It will break the record for longest, and not for height.

My prediction:

Have you been here?

We can't rule out other records yet, who knows, this could still be over 200'.

• Like 2

My prediction:

Have you been here?

Have you seen the announcement?

Neither have I.

There could be more than one record being broken.

• Like 1

Tallest fastest invert is better marketing than longest invert.

True, but longest Invert is more marketable than tallest and fastest closed-circuit Invert. I'm still hoping for it being taller than Alpengeist, but shorter than Wicked Twister.

My prediction:

Have you been here?

1. I decided on those last night but forgot to post em, and decided not to change from them.

2. You can't guarantee that's true

3. You can't say that's the only record it'll break