Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I was hoping to get a new multi-million dollar, record-breaking coaster. Call me ungrateful, but I'm extremely disappointed. Oh wait..... <_<

Why? You got everything you were hoping for.

I don't get it...sorry. Where are you all seeing the stats?

border-panel-bottom.png

We don't know the actual length, but if this is telling the truth, it will be over 4,048.6 feet long.

Got it! Thanks.

darn, go away for a half hour and miss all sorts of stuff. Anyone save the pic?

• Like 2

My prediction:

Height: 218 (there's room for it to be 200-220 feet tall, depending on angle, plus starting height)

Length: 3806 (based on the blueprints, I wanna say 3680-3900 feet; dont see it being much more)

Inversions: 7

Have you been here?

It will break the record for longest, and not for height.

Have you seen the announcement?

Neither have I.

There could be more than one record being broken.

Why would they only have a picture reading "longest inverted coaster"?

I was hoping to get a new multi-million dollar, record-breaking coaster. Call me ungrateful, but I'm extremely disappointed. Oh wait..... <_<

Exactly. You folks should be beeming — pun full-well intended — with joy.

• Like 1

He was clearly being sarcastic, maybe even implying that you should feel grateful, cause Valleyfair hasn't gotten anything this great ever.

• Like 1

Back in the day a beige van once drove those roads...lol. memories

That wouldn't be the old beige General Services van, would it? I drove that thing many a time. Memories, indeed!

Yes, the infamous beige van...I drove it rides cleanup with azkindaguy.

• Like 2

Exactly. You folks should be beeming — pun full-well intended — with joy.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Yeah...I just don't like inverts. Or at least the ones I've ridden. I tend to like coasters with lots of height and speed or fun, unexpected elements. I don't think I am being ungrateful by saying I am disappointed. I am happy KI is getting a new ride, but it isn't the type of ride that I have personally enjoyed. I will give it a chance and hope it proves me wrong!

• Like 2

UPDATE:

The image has been taken down

That just confirms that this coaster will indeed be the longest of its kind

I fail to see how that confirms anything. The Bat page was taken down soon after being discovered as well.

^The Bat was a joke...

And you know the picture we just saw wasn't for sure because...?

The Kings Island PR department is a tricky bunch.

My point still stands.

• Like 3

^Please tell me you don't think this coaster will be a Wing Coaster.

For those looking for the image, I was looking through my cache and it says the file has been moved to a new url. What is the new url? Can't seem to find that.

UPDATE:

The image has been taken down

That just confirms that this coaster will indeed be the longest of its kind

I fail to see how that confirms anything. The Bat page was taken down soon after being discovered as well.

^The Bat was a joke...

And you know the picture we just saw wasn't for sure because...?

The Kings Island PR department is a tricky bunch.

My point still stands.

Because this image had to be uncovered by someone with good coding knowledge, this was way deeper than The Bat page. That was clearly meant to be found. KI could never expect someone to find this image...

"Well, that's not the type of coaster I wanted" comes across as disappointed and ungrateful.

"Well, that's not the type of coaster I wanted, but I'm happy we're getting what we're getting" comes across as disappointed but not ungrateful.

The way you communicate has a lot to do with how you come across, and when people communicate like the first one, it makes the entire KIC community look whiny.

• Like 5

Apologies for the double post; to be honest, with the alarming rate posts are being posted, I expected someone to post something before I completed this one.

Check out this image, looks like they are just messing with us some more...

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/images/structure/border-panel-bottom-2014.png

I hate to say I told you so, but...

I kinda told you so. :ph34r:

Bengals play tomorrow too...may have to wear some Bengals gear at the park. And of course win a huge stuffed animal at the games to annoy everyone while I'm at the front of the announcement.

What news station

Apologies for the double post; to be honest, with the alarming rate posts are being posted, I expected someone to post something before I completed this one.

Check out this image, looks like they are just messing with us some more...

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/images/structure/border-panel-bottom-2014.png

I hate to say I told you so, but...

I kinda told you so. :ph34r:

How? KI is playing with us now.

How can anybody say they're disappointed? It baffles me.

I mean, come on. Really? You're disappointed already? The ride hasn't even gone vertical yet!

Kings Island is getting a brand new shiny ride that hasn't even been announced yet, and nobody has ridden yet, and yet people are STILL saying they're disappointed solely on the world record it will most likely be breaking?

Grow up, people.

This site has some of the most ungrateful human beings I've ever met on it.

Everything can always be worse bro. The hype of this announcement and it will end up being a forceless long invert is a bummer.

Its like your 16 and your parents get you a POS car, you are dissapointed cause you wanted something a little better. Then your parents say, it is transportation and will get you where you want to go.

No- What's disappointing at 16 is having your parents take to go pick up the POS car, then turn and look at you, saying "Well? Whip out your checkbook." True story.
  • Like 4