Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Don said this is going to take up 13 acres. Still think it's gonna be small??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 acres out of 364...Beast takes up 35 acres...so, about 1/3 the space of The Beast.

Not all that big, in comparison to a record breaking woodie, but big.

Would stay in line with the current thinking, 4,000-5,000 feet in length.

Edited by Bennett

13 acres out of 364...Beast takes up 35 acres...so, about 1/3 the space of The Beast.

Not all that big, in comparison.

Bigger than Diamondback from what I heard :)

Bigger, as in taller, or longer? Better than 5282 feet, and/or 230 feet high would be great!

• Like 1

Not all that big, in comparison to a record breaking woodie, but big.

Would stay in line with the current thinking, 4,000-5,000 feet in length.

Diamondback is a little over a mile long and fits in a 10 acre plot of land. I think it's perfectly reasonable to speculate a coaster well over 5,000 feet.
  • Like 4

I think he means bigger as in a longer line.
  • Like 3

Bigger, as in taller, or longer? Better than 5282 feet, and/or 230 feet high would be great!

He wouldn't answer that yet lol. He was questioned about the elevation change from top of the hill to bottom of the hill by the SoB station and he said that will be answered tonight. He also said we are way off, if you put everyone's guesses together we haven't gotten every detail right. I don't know what to think anymore lol

• Like 2

He wouldn't answer that yet lol. He was questioned about the elevation change from top of the hill to bottom of the hill by the SoB station and he said that will be answered tonight. He also said we are way off, if you put everyone's guesses together we haven't gotten every detail right. I don't know what to think anymore lol

That is great news. I hope we are all surprised, in a good way.

I don't think that they would go thru all this hype to build a dud. A TON of work has gone into just todays festivities.

Can't wait!

When did Don say that?...

At the VIP/Media construction tour that we went to. Malem, Ryan, and others will vouch :)

• Like 1

When did Don say that?...

At the VIP/Media construction tour that we went to. Malem, Ryan, and others will vouch :)

Plus isn't some of the construction site used as access points for workers. I would hate to be a worker having to walk across a park to a construction site being interrogated by the Dipping Dots vendor. JK

With less than 3 hours to go, and 445 pages of more-or-less junk to go through, here's some of my favorite parts of this thread (from about the 50 pages I've actually seen)...

1) People REALLY love Don. Even when he quite literally does nothing at all, it's the most genius PR move in the world. Don't get me wrong, Don does a great job. But let's be real... all he's doing is a) not telling anyone what it is, and b. giving some subtle hints which may or may not be true.

2) Despite zero announcements being made, it was a PROVEN FACT even last week that it was an invert. *sigh*

3) Parking in a random parking lot can create some incredible/hilarious uproar around here.

-Dvo, grabbing popcorn and going into hiding

• Like 1

For the record, walking through an amusement park at night that is absolutely covered with fog is an amazing experience.

Watching Penn State beat up on Ohio State on the big screen they used to have at Cedar Point that same night wasn't an amazing experience.

• Like 2

Dvo,

I think you're missing the point of why people appreciate Don the way they do (myself included, even though I'm rather new). Just the fact that he is active within this site makes members feel involved in their home parks, in my opinion. The reason I joined this site was because I loved reading this thread, and part of the reason that its been so popular is because Don and his team have had excellent hints and diversions that put one blog thread over 13,000 posts and ~650,000 page views. He could just as easily given sparse clues and not interacted with members in this thread, especially following the idiotic incident from last month

• Like 2

You've got to keep in mind, the 2009 Coaster thread (forget what it's called) is long gone - long, long gone.

This thread is here today, and it's gone tomorrow. I'm calling it.

- LordSkippy, the Madcap Laughs and Pet Sounds on his mind.

• Like 1