Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Okay, now that I've gathered my thoughts, I can articulate some of the things going through my head now.

My first reaction is WOW. Wow across the board. Every aspect of this is stellar. The ride, the theme, the name, and especially the marketing department. They've absolutely hit it out of the park these last couple of weeks, and this announcement was nothing short of spectacular. We should all be grateful for the frankly incredible job done by our PR team here, it is clear that they take their job seriously and enjoy doing it. The teaser video was remarkable, and very appropriate.

As for the ride itself, color me impressed. Looking at the blueprints I was wondering how they were going to achieve any kind of record with this, considering it looked to be an invert about on par with Patriot or Talon as far as size. After seeing the renderings, I can tell how it achieves the "longest invert" record. This ride looks MASSIVE. It's hard to tell looking at just the ride itself, but consider that lift hill is over 160 feet tall, compare it to Delirium sitting next to it...it seems like B&M took a mid-sized invert and just blew it up. Another thing that strikes me right off The Bat is the paint job. I love the colors, very unique and striking, and they fit the theme beautifully. The lift is super steep, and there's no pre-drop buzzkill like on most inverts. I'm a fan. The placement of the lift and dive loop is just brilliant, like putting Diamondback's drop and splashdown right near the midway. What a spectacle it will be! The vertical loop encircling the lift hill is wonderful, though it won't do much for the on ride experience it will be quite a sight off ride. The zero g roll is good, those just kick major ass on inverts, especially when handled at high speeds. Which this thing definitely will do. I'm shocked by how quick and fast this coaster is. 67 miles an hour! And it reaches that speed halfway through the ride! It will be handling these elements wicked fast, I can imagine this thing being extremely intense. A series of fast punches all in a row, and no mid course break either! That will certainly help the pacing. I'm also very impressed with the new restraints. Don made it sound like a lap bar only ordeal like Flight of Fear, but they do have OTSRs, if you look closely there are thin bands inside the metal arm rests. Still, they look much more comfortable and open than the huge padded OTSRs of before, I most certainly approve.

On the whole, over 200 foot elevation change! 67 miles per hour! Seven inversions! New restraints! No midcourse! I'm blown away!

And in the grand scheme of things, this just goes to show how lucky and thankful we should feel. Kings Island has dropped over $50 Million on new attractions in the past few years, and Banshee represents a continuing effort to grow. There are many, many parks that can't in their wildest dreams imagine getting a ride like this. B&M makes truly world class roller coasters, and they are almost guaranteed to be a hit. With Diamondback, Planet Snoopy, WindSeeker, Soak City, and now back full circle to Banshee, Kings Island and Cedar Fair have shown a commitment to appealing to guests of all ages and preferences, which is absolutely stellar. Cedar Fair has treated us extremely well so far and I see nothing but more good for us on the horizon. Cherish this roller coaster and the times that come with it, for this is a fantastic time for Kings Island. I am truly thrilled by all of this. Bravo, to all involved.

68! Fastest full circuit invert!!! :D

• Like 1

^^ I was just thinking the same thing. I was there that day and walked over from Boomerang Bay to watch it. Got there 30 minutes early which was enough to get a spot in the front row. It looks like people have been standing by the stage for hours tonight.

Great Scott! You have a BB time machine?! Why don't I have this machine of greatness.

With all joking aside, lock this beast up, it's time for us to let go of this topic.

Ill take a multi record wood coaster, over a single record invert coaster any day... This was a failure to replace Son of Beast, but is a success for b&m, no mcbr..

KI could have replaced SOB with a sand box and that would have been less of a failure than SOB. Investing around 20 million into something that was open for around 7.5 years (I could be wrong, plus or minus a bit considering the extensive SBNO times after the accidents) is a failure on massive proportions.

sob was a failure because it was beyond its time, plus paramount did not take care of its coasters, it paved the way for most of today's modern wooden coasters.

Well Troy, I will be taking your spot in line then to ride this ride.

Who cares about world records? Does knowing a ride has a record make it any better than any other rides?

who cares about records well maybe they should have made it the slowest, shortest invert coaster in the world.. Records don't matter right?

What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of HOW AWESOME Banshee IS!

• Like 3

Ill take a multi record wood coaster, over a single record invert coaster any day... This was a failure to replace Son of Beast, but is a success for b&m, no mcbr..

KI could have replaced SOB with a sand box and that would have been less of a failure than SOB. Investing around 20 million into something that was open for around 7.5 years (I could be wrong, plus or minus a bit considering the extensive SBNO times after the accidents) is a failure on massive proportions.

sob was a failure because it was beyond its time, plus paramount did not take care of its coasters, it paved the way for most of today's modern wooden coasters.

tumblr_mlsw2mnxf91qe0jz3o1_400.png

• Like 10

I can agree with all of that, however, looking at it from a purely KI scope the ride was a fairly large misstep.

Super Pumped for this!!!! Made it an effort to make it to the park for the announcement and the scream gave me chills. I'm glad Banshee was finally used as I was highly disappointed that it was not used back with Mantis but this is a better fit! Also.... did anyone else notice the gravestones at the Pretzel loop?!!?!? Looks like Cedarfair is starting to get into themeing!

I will deff be there opening day!!!

Posted Image

That's gotta be the cutest potato I have ever seen :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Did anyone else notice when Greg mentioned WindSeeker and Dinosaurs Alive, everyone got all quiet?

Back where I was standing, a fair amount of people booed.

I thought I heard a few booes while I was watching the live stream, but couldn't tell since at that point the audio was coming in and out.

Haha that's actually really funny.

• Like 2

I understand why youngstud doesn't post now because voicing your opinion automatically means your hating on a ride, never did mention i hated the new coaster, i just don't agree on how they handled the replacing of Son of Beast.

• Like 1

I may be the only one that thinks this. But in the video introducing the ride, i found it VERY disturbing the way the the Banshee wailed and Son of Beast crumbled. Then Banshee came up it was a great video, just disturbing.

Did anyone else notice when Greg mentioned WindSeeker and Dinosaurs Alive, everyone got all quiet?

Can't imagine why a glorified swing set with a motor attached wouldn't generate wild applause...

Disclaimer: The above post contains elements of sarcasm, and attempts at humor.

• Like 8

They made it a point to show a POV at night, but I couldn't discern a difference. Could someone please explain?

Read back a few pages and you'll see what some of us think. I personally hope the fog shown in the night POV will be an actual part of riding Banshee at night. I suggested that maybe what we thought were drains are actually fog vents.

• Like 1

I understand why youngstud doesn't post now because voicing your opinion automatically means your hating on a ride, never did mention i hated the new coaster, i just don't agree on how they handled the replacing of Son of Beast.

It's ok to not like a ride, just don't shove it down our throats making blanket statements about a manufacturer.
  • Like 2