Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Banshee, Banshee, your beauty engulfs me.

Round and round we go, my beautiful Banshee.

I'm head over heels, I'm so in love with you

And feel like I'm weightless if you'll tell me, "I do."

You form circles around me and roll in a line through my heart.

For we will forever unite, and till death shall we part.

Your cheeks glow of purple, and your nails are painted tardis blue.

I'm forever in love, with Banshee, with you.

I cannot explain the euphoria I feel.

I still cannot believe that your existence is so real.

For months I have waited for this day to come

When you'd finally reveal yourself to me, the waiting is done.

As we spin around into one final spiral

I soon discover your existence has gone viral.

And with one final kiss, and a wave goodbye,

You slowly glide away into the fog filled Kings Island sky.

(I'm so pathetic :P )

• Like 8

Banshee, Banshee, your beauty engulfs me.

Round and round we go, my beautiful Banshee.

I'm head over heels, I'm so in love with you

And feel like I'm weightless if you'll tell me, "I do."

You form circles around me and roll in a line through my heart.

For we will forever unite, and till death shall we part.

Your cheeks glow of purple, and your nails are painted tardis blue.

I'm forever in love, with Banshee, with you.

I cannot explain the euphoria I feel.

I sitll cannot believe that your existence is so real.

For months I have waited for this day to come

When you'd finally reveal yourself to me, the waiting is done.

As we spin around into one final spiral

I soon discover your exisetence has gone viral.

And with one final kiss, and a wave goodbye,

You slowly glide away into the fog filled, Kings Island sky.

(I'm so pathetic :P )

You should be a poet.
  • Like 2

yes, Banshee will be the fastest full circuit invert!

Okay, now that I've gathered my thoughts, I can articulate some of the things going through my head now.

My first reaction is WOW. Wow across the board. Every aspect of this is stellar. The ride, the theme, the name, and especially the marketing department. They've absolutely hit it out of the park these last couple of weeks, and this announcement was nothing short of spectacular. We should all be grateful for the frankly incredible job done by our PR team here, it is clear that they take their job seriously and enjoy doing it. The teaser video was remarkable, and very appropriate.

As for the ride itself, color me impressed. Looking at the blueprints I was wondering how they were going to achieve any kind of record with this, considering it looked to be an invert about on par with Patriot or Talon as far as size. After seeing the renderings, I can tell how it achieves the "longest invert" record. This ride looks MASSIVE. It's hard to tell looking at just the ride itself, but consider that lift hill is over 160 feet tall, compare it to Delirium sitting next to it...it seems like B&M took a mid-sized invert and just blew it up. Another thing that strikes me right off The Bat is the paint job. I love the colors, very unique and striking, and they fit the theme beautifully. The lift is super steep, and there's no pre-drop buzzkill like on most inverts. I'm a fan. The placement of the lift and dive loop is just brilliant, like putting Diamondback's drop and splashdown right near the midway. What a spectacle it will be! The vertical loop encircling the lift hill is wonderful, though it won't do much for the on ride experience it will be quite a sight off ride. The zero g roll is good, those just kick major ass on inverts, especially when handled at high speeds. Which this thing definitely will do. I'm shocked by how quick and fast this coaster is. 67 miles an hour! And it reaches that speed halfway through the ride! It will be handling these elements wicked fast, I can imagine this thing being extremely intense. A series of fast punches all in a row, and no mid course break either! That will certainly help the pacing. I'm also very impressed with the new restraints. Don made it sound like a lap bar only ordeal like Flight of Fear, but they do have OTSRs, if you look closely there are thin bands inside the metal arm rests. Still, they look much more comfortable and open than the huge padded OTSRs of before, I most certainly approve.

On the whole, over 200 foot elevation change! 67 miles per hour! Seven inversions! New restraints! No midcourse! I'm blown away!

And in the grand scheme of things, this just goes to show how lucky and thankful we should feel. Kings Island has dropped over $50 Million on new attractions in the past few years, and Banshee represents a continuing effort to grow. There are many, many parks that can't in their wildest dreams imagine getting a ride like this. B&M makes truly world class roller coasters, and they are almost guaranteed to be a hit. With Diamondback, Planet Snoopy, WindSeeker, Soak City, and now back full circle to Banshee, Kings Island and Cedar Fair have shown a commitment to appealing to guests of all ages and preferences, which is absolutely stellar. Cedar Fair has treated us extremely well so far and I see nothing but more good for us on the horizon. Cherish this roller coaster and the times that come with it, for this is a fantastic time for Kings Island. I am truly thrilled by all of this. Bravo, to all involved.

68! Fastest full circuit invert!!! :D

The STILL fastest full-circuit invert was made in 1998... 2MPH faster. That's why it was said at the announcement that it was only the fastest from this coaster manufacturer.

But not with Banshee's incredible theming.

I'm honestly not blown away with this "theming". It's pretty modest, honestly. (redundancy)

Yes there is a theme for the ride, yes there is a cool station, and some tombstones. It's not like there were any tunnels or props showcased that would bump this to what I would consider "incredible."

--

Also, I hope that only having two big bars in front of you will allow for slightly better vision!

• Like 3

The only proper way to replace Son of Beast would have been a giga that was at least 320 ft. and 95mph, 7000 ft.

Wrong, the only way to replace sob, was to install something that was missing from the parks lineup, looked beautiful and most importantly was reliable and going to remain popular for several decades.

A 320 ft giga might have done that, but I have no doubt they,ve accomplished that tak with Banshee

• Like 2

The only proper way to replace Son of Beast would have been a giga that was at least 320 ft. and 95mph, 7000 ft.

Wrong, the only way to replace sob, was to install something that was missing from the parks lineup, looked beautiful and most importantly was reliable and going to remain popular for several decades.

A 320 ft giga might have done that, but I have no doubt they,ve accomplished that tak with Banshee

wrong you replace Son of Beast with another multi record breaking coaster, i had no issues with manufacture or type of coaster as according to people on this forum.. Just was hoping since invert coaster production has slowed down, go ahead and take all the invert coaster records, longest fastest, tallest and most inversions.

It has been lots of fun decoding on this thread. I've never gone through a whole almost 14,000 post forum about a roller coaster before. Gatekeeper wasn't. Lets hope Banshee is lots of fun. That's all that really matters is that its fun. It could break all the records, but it might be a terrible ride. On that note, I'll see you all in the construction forum.

• Like 3

Well, I think when I wake up for school tomorrow this topic will be locked!

Goodbye "Starting to Decode 2014". You were great!

Night guys. What a great night for KI and KIC!

School?

School??

It's August 9!

I started on the 1st. I get longer breaks than the average student though. Only one more year of this too.

Anyway, I think this video is appropriate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-ObXaYfKWw

Well, if this thread is locked when I get up tomorrow, I'd just like to say that it's been a tonne of fun and hopefully the next time we get a new coaster we can have a thread like this. With fewer fanboys of any particular manufacturer. :rolleyes:

It's been real swell.

(On the other hand, if this thread is not locked when I get up tomorrow, the regular antics shall, of course, continue.)

• Like 1

EDIT: I just noticed the batwing looks like a heart. I guess the two of us were meant to be... ;)

I thought it looked like a pretzel. But I am also hungry right now...

It does look like a pretzel lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope the tomb stones will be a part of the ride and not just in the renderings.

I hope Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal has a tomb stone if they do have them,

You mean Kenton's Cove Sailboat Canal? The ride that was removed for The Beast?

• Like 3