Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I just rode Intimidator at Carowinds. I noticed that there were multiple triangular supports. I know that this has been mentioned before but there are at least 5 or so and most of them are for a single support, not multiple ones like the 2014 construction is showing. Curious....

It's going to be a intamin giga watch and see. 4breast seating with lapbars.

Open-air trains?

B. Cedar Point a balanced park? No. It very much caters to the thrill seeker. That is one of many reasons Gatekeeper is such a brilliant addition for 2013. No, I won't be explaining that. I will note it had some of the shortest lines in the park last night, admittedly a small sample size.

Just to hit on this point real quick- I visited Cedar Point last Sunday (6/2)- it was the slowest day I've seen at the park. Several coasters were down early on (due to high winds?)- including Gatekeeper, TTD, Raptor. Once Gatekeeper opened (around 10-11am), the line quickly filled out to the plaza (but not all queues were open). We waited in line for about an hour before riding. Later on in the day, 4-5pm, the line was 10-15 minutes long.

Gatekeeper is brillant- its FUN, but not necessarily thrilling. There are quite a bit of forces, but the ride is smooth and has a GREAT view. Its kind of hard to explain...definitely not one to miss while at the park.

• Like 2

B. Cedar Point a balanced park? No. It very much caters to the thrill seeker. That is one of many reasons Gatekeeper is such a brilliant addition for 2013. No, I won't be explaining that. I will note it had some of the shortest lines in the park last night, admittedly a small sample size.

Just to hit on this point real quick- I visited Cedar Point last Sunday (6/2)- it was the slowest day I've seen at the park. Several coasters were down early on (due to high winds?)- including Gatekeeper, TTD, Raptor. Once Gatekeeper opened (around 10-11am), the line quickly filled out to the plaza (but not all queues were open). We waited in line for about an hour before riding. Later on in the day, 4-5pm, the line was 10-15 minutes long.

Gatekeeper is brillant- its FUN, but not necessarily thrilling. There are quite a bit of forces, but the ride is smooth and has a GREAT view. Its kind of hard to explain...definitely not one to miss while at the park.

Does KI want to become a more thrilling Park or a more Family Oriented Park? Here is a timeline from Paramount to Cedar Fair from 1999 to Now:

1999- Drop Zone/Face Off (Now Drop Tower and Invertigo) (Paramount)

2000- Son of Beast (Paramount)

2002- Tomb Raider/The Crypt (Paramount)

2003- Delirium (Paramount)

2005- Intalian Job Stunt Track (Paramount)

2007- Firehawk (Paramount/Cedar Fair)

2009- Diamondback (Cedar Fair)

2010- Planet Snoopy (Cedar Fair)

2011- WindSeeker (Cedar Fair)

2012- Soak City (Cedar Fair)

2013- New Food Options/ Big Dinosaur

2014-???

My point is that in the Cedar Fair Era, there has only really been one Thrilling ride and that is Diamondback. So if they can make a strong, forceful move to get a coaster that can be the next BIG thing, it would mean great revenue for the park. Adding a new coaster can boost ticket sales, season pass sales, and spike seasonal attending.

• Like 1

2013- New Cedar Fair, no Dick Kinzel.

Past performance/philosophy is not an indicator of the future. Looking for patterns could be an exercise in futility.

On the other hand, it has been stated repeatedly that Gatekeeper is an indicator of Cedar Fair's future direction, in many ways.

• Like 8

I heard from a dependable source the ride is a b&M giga but my post was deleted.

It's going to be a intamin giga watch and see.

So which is it? If your "source" is so reliable, why are you now saying it will be an Intamin?

• Like 12

Here is my crazy idea! Maybe we should read what Terp says over and over before we post ! Hello! He is one of few who knows, Morons! Sorry, this post is for just the Morons who post but don't know any better! I just had to comment, crawling in my shell again people, no hard feelings!

Well, I obviously don't know what it is, so I have no idea if that makes me a moron or not. Maybe it would help if you could point out which of us are morons and which of us aren't. If it turns out my name is on your "Morons" list, then I'll be happy to crawl back into my hole and remain a silent lurker.

Please let us know.

• Like 4

@ Big Sexy- Isn't Intamin using a different track system now for their hypers/gigas (see I-305 and Skyrush)? If you saw their infamous box track (a la Millennium Force), then perhaps it isn't for a hyper/giga but rather for a different type? Then again, Intamin tries new stuff all the time it seems, though they lack consistency.

I also hear that Intamin's new 4 across trains on Skyrush aren't exactly the best, though that might have more to do with Skyrush's layout than the train designs, plus Hershey has had maintenance issues with them as well. Heck, I-305 had major issues as well.

2013- New Cedar Fair, no Dick Kinzel.

Past performance/philosophy is not an indicator of the future. Looking for patterns could be an exercise in futility.

On the other hand, it has been stated repeatedly that Gatekeeper is an indicator of Cedar Fair's future direction, in many ways.

ok thanks i was just saying maybe things can change

• Like 1

I heard from a dependable source the ride is a b&M giga but my post was deleted.

It's going to be a intamin giga watch and see.

So which is it? If your "source" is so reliable, why are you now saying it will be an Intamin?

I think that one hopes that if one throws enough mud against a wall, some might just stick...

Or, my other thought is that some post nonsense to try and get a reaction from people.

I think my second thought is right in this posters case. The track record shows just that...not just in this thread, but others.

So much so, that I have thought about blocking his posts.

• Like 2

Well, I obviously don't know what it is, so I have no idea if that makes me a moron or not. Maybe it would help if you could point out which of us are morons and which of us aren't. If it turns out my name is on your "Morons" list, then I'll be happy to crawl back into my hole and remain a silent lurker.

Please let us know.

I learned more from Terps one post than all the others combined on this thread (the footers is only thing interesting otherwise). I use the word moron with a smile and a laugh not to be taken serious (sorry). Shucks, I'm probably the biggest moron on here! ;)

Does KI want to become a more thrilling Park or a more Family Oriented Park? Here is a timeline from Paramount to Cedar Fair from 1999 to Now:

2014-???

My point is that in the Cedar Fair Era, there has only really been one Thrilling ride and that is Diamondback. So if they can make a strong, forceful move to get a coaster that can be the next BIG thing, it would mean great revenue for the park. Adding a new coaster can boost ticket sales, season pass sales, and spike seasonal attending.

Firehawk, which was most definitely not a Paramount installation, is not thrilling?
  • Like 1

After being at the park yesterday, and seeing the construction area from many different perspectives, I can that this is my opinion of part of the layout, The roller coaster will dip into the valley of the area of the first drop and lift hill of SOB. There were footers being installed on top of the hill which leads me to believe that the coaster will continue down the hill in some manner and proceed into the "valley"....

(Just my opinion on part of the layout.)

2qvb7yp.png

• Like 7

Please let us know.

I learned more from Terps one post than all the others combined on this thread (the footers is only thing interesting otherwise). I use the word moron with a smile and a laugh not to be taken serious (sorry). Shucks, I'm probably the biggest moron on here! ;)

Don't sweat it. I'm not the brightest bulb on the string of Christmas lights, so a lot of times I don't know how to interpret what Terp says. I wish I did.

• Like 8

Awesome use of Mr. Bunny.

I'm a huge Bugs fan.

And sometimes I wish *I* understood Terp's posts. A few have been known to make a wrong turn in Albuquerque.

Terp, who finally rode a big blue B&M at Cedar Point Wednesday.

So in other words, It sounds like Terpy went "keyholing" on Wednesday....Was it what you expected?

• Like 4

2014-???

Firehawk, which was most definitely not a Paramount installation, is not thrilling?

I never said it was

Someone here mentioned Verbolten, or at least it's inside/outside design.

That would be swell.

I hear it drops 15 feet.

Has anyone here ever rode it?

I like the ride. If KI was to put one in, I would hope they would go with a different designer. Zierer designed Verbolten, and for a new, steel coaster it is pretty rough.

You didn't have any problems with the restraints? Then again I don't know what you body type is. Based on the reviews from people I know the thinner (like myself) people have had problems with the restraints, mainly it grabbing at my shoulders and proceeding to make it difficult to breathe air into my lungs. Wild Eagle is short, so it didn't take away everything from my experience so that makes me nervous about Gatekeeper.

It's an extremely well done ride. And even at this advanced age, I didn't find it at all rough. Then again, I'm a laterals fan.

I worded it wrong. It is not rough, but it has some weird and unpleasant vibrations throughout the ride.

I, too, love laterals.

• Like 1