Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

You think they would be going with a dive coaster when there is a lot of space to use, and have even cleared additional land?

I've been looking at overhead views of all the dive coasters and they all have rather small footprints compared to the amount of space left from SoB.
  • Like 1

Rode past CSF in Batavia this afternoon after my shopping trip down to Eastgate. Saw one lime green piece and a couple of pieces awaiting paint on the side. At this point there's not much activity taking place from what I saw.

>Ok so what we know so far:

We are getting a lime green B&M steel coaster named Banshee.

That's most likely for the wing coaster opening in Asia.

I highly doubt that as track work was completed a long time ago.

It also raises the question, if they were so popular among guests, why hasn't any other park chain decided to put one in?

Busch had exclusivity clause with B&M on the Dive Coaster model for a number of years after SheiKra and Griffon were built.

What are your sources on this? Just wondering.

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/stories/2004/10/25/daily27.html

As it turned out, the deal was for 5 years as a SheiKra clone was built in 2009.

As the story goes, the deal included a promise from B & M not to build any other dive coasters in the United States except the Busch parks (hence, Griffon) for X amount of years. I would have to think that any such deal would certainly be null and void at this point in time.

Out of curiosity, how much can one really divulge from the shape of a footer? Round, square, etc...can we really say "well, it's a B & M...only B & M uses square footers..."

What other clues do we have to go by? So far footers are it. And while I can't say for certain what one style means vs another I can make assumptions based on what I know from previous coasters. Now with that said I did say I looked again and station footers are almost always square. From what I can tell about support footers the only ones I have seen square are the two wing coasters. I also have said that I'm not sure why the shape would matter. Again these few footers are all we have as far as clues.

"Edit". I know we have that Cedar Fair tagged a name and that there are teaser signs up but those really don't give an indication to what the ride will be like the footer do.

Out of fun was just looking up the many different meanings for "Banshee" and it has many Old World Meanings behind it also, With Celtic and Scottish origins, that would be a great name for a ride that could be connected to Oktoberfest. But it has some evil figures it has been associated with in modern times, I remember a movie , Scream of the Banshee, whose scream could split your bones and then steal your soul. So if this could be a name considered for this mystery project I am curious to how it will be used..

• Like 1

Didn't a magazine or something leak the layout of Diamondback way before it was released during it's construction phase? Is there any way to access the building plans that Kings Island submitted to Warren County/ Mason?

I'm not a structural engineer, but I would think the size and shape of the footers largely depend on 2 things:

the conditions of the soil that the footer is sitting in.

the forces exerted on that footer from the steel above.

I doubt the specific type of coaster matters to the shape of the footer, ie just because a wing coaster in illinois has square footers, a wing coaster in ohio could have round ones, or vice versa.

Correct me if I am wrong but the footings are designed by the ride's manufacturer. Furthermore sqaure footings are easier to make than round ones, however round molds can be brought in some sizes at stores. Mack footings for mouse coasters have sqaure and round footings.

Correct me if I am wrong but the footings are designed by the ride's manufacturer. Furthermore sqaure footings are easier to make than round ones, however round molds can be brought in some sizes at stores. Mack footings for mouse coasters have sqaure and round footings.

Literally every coaster has square and round footings. It's more of a question how far apart they are placed and how many rods stick out of them.

I want a puce color coaster. No - make that tutti-frutti.

I don't mean to upset anyone (I know I will) but do you all know how ridiculous you sound? What the hell difference does the color of a friggin' ride got to do with anything? I mean - geez - this topic is about decoding, not preferences. IF it's a coaster or if it's not a coaster, the color is not gonna keep anyone off of it. My god - the general public could give a rat's ass as to what color a ride is. Besides that, when a re-painting is done, the color can be changed - as it often is. Look at Scooby-Doo, I mean Beastie, I mean Fairly Odd Coaster, I mean Woodstock Express (hummm - I gues the names can change too!).

Furthermore, I don't care what color you want, nor do I care what color it will be - I'd like to see some detective work and some facts, which is what this topic is supposed to be about.

Lo, and behold......I was presented with this picture when I opened my Hemming's Motors page this morning....

a 1964 Banshee!

15536949-770-0.jpg?rev=1

Overly critical, then off-topic in your next post. I see what you did there Hank. :lol:

• Like 3

Well, if it matters, Pterosaurs were actually not very good flyers...at least from what is believed.

I watch a lot Dinosaur Train and Sid the Science Kid with my 5 year old. daughter.

Not much higher than tall tree-tops.

So hopefully they don't mean very high. :)

• Like 2

"How high above the park would a Pterodactyl have been able to soar?" - @KingsIslandPR on twitter

No clue if they are related or not. I do not see a point of tweeting this other than a teaser.

New Dinosaurs Alive all day pricing was announced recently, so assuming this is just to help advertise that.