Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Guest Department47

BUT. Remember the Dino's Alive teasers.... -_- We all thought it was a roller coaster or a new ride. NOPE.

Not all of us thought it was a roller coaster or a new ride. Many of us realized it was extremely unlikely a new coaster could be constructed in a month's time.

Maybe (hopefully) they're finally getting rid of Slingshot.

Hopefully? I hope it sticks around. It's an extremely fun ride, seems to be a favorite among guests, and brings in some revenue for the park.
  • Like 13

But take into the account that there was not a massive clearing of land involved with Dinosaurs Alive (and correct me if i'm wrong) that it was announced in the middle of winter, not summer like Diamondback.

At this point in time I would be very surprised if they were not in the process of building a roller coaster as they haven't added a new one in 4 years. Kings Island's previous longest amount of time without adding a new coaster is 5 years (1972-1977 The Demon). Which would also be the amount of time between Diamondback and "Banshee" (2009-2014).

So I'm going to say that the chances are pretty high that this one's a roller coaster (or at least i think so). But, coaster or no coaster, I'm just excited about the anticipation of this "new thing".

DBI

• Like 2

^Dang, I was gonna do a logo... But that looks pretty cool SOB!

But what we aren't considering is the fact that this isn't Kings Island trademarking this name, it's Cedar Fair. Which means that this name could be for any of the other parks as well (whether its a coaster or not). Does anyone know if there is ongoing construction in any of the other Cedar Fair parks at the moment?

Perhaps history repeating?? From the Wikipedia page of "Silver Bullet" at Knotts. Another B & M inverted coaster: " On May 28, 2003, a trademark for the name "Silver Bullet" was filled by Cedar Fair.[1] Silver Bullet was announced to the public on December 1, 2003.[2] The final piece of track was placed on September 30, 2004.[3] After construction and testing was completed, the roller coaster opened first to the media, then to the public on December 7, 2004.[4][5]"

You know what I was thinking? Let's say just for fun that maybe Cedar Fair is trying to get every B&M model installed in Ohio. Here are the models that both Ohio Cedar Fair parks have:

Cedar Point:

1. Raptor (inverted)
  2. Mantis (stand up)
  3. Gatekeeper (wing coaster)

Kings Island:

1. Diamondback (hyper coaster)

So that leaves us the dive machine, flying coaster (won't happen at Kings Island since they have Firehawk), sitting coaster (like Kumba), and a floorless coaster. I'd like to see, out of the other 3, the dive machine because no other Cedar Fair park has one and it'll be the only one in the Mid West.

What other type of B&M would you like to see at the park? The dive machines might be boring to you, but I've never been on one, as well as the wing coaster (I'll get to ride Wild Eagle in July). I have been on all but 2 B&M designs (dive and wing coasters are the 2).

Some people think the B&M flying coasters suck, but I like them better than the Vekoma flying dutchmans. I've ridden Superman: Ultimate Flight at SFoGa and found it to be a fun roller coaster. Some don't like thier hyper coasters and prefer an Arrow. Intamin (never been on an Intamin hyper/giga because of problems with the lapbars), or a Morgan, but Diamondback is my favorite by far.

• Like 1

I thought about a dive, too. I think the closest one is Griffon in VA. It turns up on a lot of top coaster lists so some people must like it. If i remember correctly, there are only 2 in the US. It would be a good move for KI because it would definitely draw attention and lure people who have never ridden one. It's not my first choice, but I could definitely see them putting one in.

I love dive machines. Sheikra was pretty fun to me. I liked the pause of the first dive, the theming of the second dive, and the head chopper coming out of the immelman inversion. Some might consider them boring because of the lack of airtime and their simple design.But I like the combo of speed and angle of descent of the drops. I wouldn't mind seeing one at KI especially if they theme it well.

I love dive machines. Sheikra was pretty fun to me. I liked the pause of the first dive, the theming of the second dive, and the head chopper coming out of the immelman inversion. Some might consider them boring because of the lack of airtime and their simple design.But I like the combo of speed and angle of descent of the drops. I wouldn't mind seeing one at KI especially if they theme it well.

Well, that's not going to happen.

• Like 5

Well, that's not going to happen.

Haha I (We) can still dream right? :-)