Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

With that logic Vortex, Firehawk, FOF would not get any business, yet hold some of the longest wait times in the park.

Hmmmm

To quote the crypt: "long lines does not necessarily equal the ride popularity. Fof is up there with Invertigo for capacity.
Pardon me, but when did I say that?

Big Sexy and to the few other trolls on this board. I really wish you would either quit your shtick or take it elsewhere. I have really grown tired of reading your mindless dribble. You have not added anything to this discussion other than complete negativity. Why did you even join this board? Are you really that bored in life to have to troll a park enthusiasts website? Congrats you won! You got us to respond. Now go somewhere else and troll.. Please.

• Like 20

To quote the crypt: "long lines does not necessarily equal the ride popularity. Fof is up there with Invertigo for capacity.

Pardon me, but when did I say that?

You did say the first part of it. There should have been a MCRB before the last sentence.

• Like 1

Big Sexy and to the few other trolls on this board. I really wish you would either quit your shtick or take it elsewhere. I have really grown tired of reading your mindless dribble. You have not added anything to this discussion other than complete negativity. Why did you even join this board? Are you really that bored in life to have to troll a park enthusiasts website? Congrats you won! You got us to respond. Now go somewhere else and troll.. Please.

I also remind you all, that you can go to the user's profile and report the user.

• Like 1

I have only blocked one user on this site, a long time ago, and it doesn't help. People still quote the poster, respond to the poster, or make fun of the poster. It makes it unavoidable. Plus half the time I ended up using the option to see what was said just because I wanted a good laugh.

Going back to the inversions comment. Big Sexy is, to some degree, right. People have their fears. Some don't like heights, some don't care for speed. A lot of guests are terrified of going upside-down. I was on Skyride the other day at BGW, and in a span of ten minutes I was asked five times if Skyride went upside-down. Friggin Skyride. Anyone with common sense can tell the ride does not invert, but people are terrified. I was asked if Escape From Pompeii inverted in the show building. It is a water ride.

• Like 6

Night Row was the most obvious hint Terpy has ever given. And most people still never got it.

I got it. I just haven't said anything. And it was a very revealing hint this time. I think I know what we're getting...or at least, to me, the list of possibilities has been greatly narrowed down. But lest I'm over-interpreting terp, I'll remain ever-so-humbly reserved, keep my musings to myself, and be thought a fool rather than open my mouth and remove all doubt. Because it could just be a diversion, and I'd hate for the rug to be pulled out from under me.

BTW - all this talk about the MCBRs...let's not forget that Diamondback has some pretty fun hills, a helix, and spashdown after the MCBR.

You would think someone with nearly 40000 post would be able to be more descriptive.

You would think someone who has read through all these comments so far would have gotten a hint, taken some advice, and learned to post a bit more constructively by now.

Night Row *was* Terpy's most obvious hint. A frequently recurring one...five years ago. I doubt it holds the same relevance now.

My, how the time passes...

Nice to see you posting again Jackson! I have missed your postings! Welcome back!

• Like 9

The more I think about this whole project, the more I think I seriously need to wake up. It's KI, for Pete's sake.

Out of idle curiosity, does anyone have a list of links to articles or videos in which Ouimet has commented about Kings Island in any way? I'd be interested in reading/hearing his thoughts. I know he's not going to give specifics about next year's project, but that's not an issue for me. I really don't care anymore. I just want to hear what he thinks about the park in general, and any particular direction he sees the park needs to move in. Thanks!

Inversions are a novelty. The general public fears rides that goes upside down.

Do you guys really want a b&m jackhammering into inversions? You guys will have cauliflower ears.

So you speak to the general public? Is there a survey that we can see? Kids are more likely to be afraid of inversions but as they get older they work themselves up to overcoming their fear and enjoying them (with exceptions). I mean... isn't that a joy of childhood, being able to ride a ride that you were scared of the year before?

The Phantom's Revenge is where the talk about inversions started. I remember reading all the time how the GP wanted rides that they could ride over and over.

• Like 2

Personally, I thought that the second I went upside down, I was going to throw up. I have no idea where I got that from but I was absolutely terrified of going upside down when I was younger. I didn't actually get over it until the year Raptor debuted and I tried it (which would have made me 15). No problems with heights but was scared to death of inversions. Of course, after experiencing them once, I realized there was really nothing to them and rode EVERYTHING after that.

• Like 5

the mounts on the triangle foundations look all wrong for slingshot

K3bZrQP.jpg

I would say these footer are definitely built for a B&M. Compare the bolt pattern

doc51453c5e08a133981205301.jpg

I walked past Sling Shot the other day, paying specific attention to the footers. That triangular footer looks significantly different than the footers for Sling Shot.

On top of that, with all that land they cleared, spending money to move Sling Shot about 20(?) feet further east makes very little financial sense to me. If your architects aren't creative enough to use all that cleared out land, well me thinks you need new architects.

• Like 1

Afternwatching the video I am reminded b&m's are over at the mcbr.

Hasn't been my experience, especially in the night rows.

Two night rows?

Um... what?

don't worry. He got me on this one too a few years ago.... :)

Wonder how many other things he's said like that this year alone. Things that both were and were not like diversions.

Sometimes if one cannot speak in riddles, parables, analogies, hints, and diversions, one is not allowed to say anything at all. For many reasons.

One can be an asset, a know it all, banished, or fed in this life. Its all in relationships. It truly STARTS with who you know, later becomes what you know, and later still who knows you.

Terp, who a few people know. This post may be one of the most important I've ever made. Ponder. Consider. Soon, it will be next year. Where will you be? I'm not sure of my answer. And I'd not have it any other way. Confront life with energy.

• Like 15

Two night rows?

Um... what?

Wonder how many other things he's said like that this year alone. Things that both were and were not like diversions.

Sometimes if one cannot speak in riddles, parables, analogies, hints, and diversions, one is not allowed to say anything at all. For many reasons.

One can be an asset, a know it all, banished, or fed in this life. Its all in relationships. It truly STARTS with who you know, later becomes what you know, and later still who knows you.

Terp, who a few people know. This post may be one of the most important I've ever made. Ponder. Consider. Soon, it will be next year. Where will you be? I'm not sure of my answer. And I'd not have it any other way. Confront life with energy.

Hello, Mr. Dalai Lama.

Two night rows?

Um... what?

Hello, Mr. Dalai Lama.

Sorry, Just made me think of this...

• Like 1

Two night rows?

Um... what?

Terp, as I said before in a different thread, I do have a lot more respect for you now. But still, when you talk in parables or riddles, it makes a lot of us feel inferior....and then we end up making fools of ourselves as a result, such as what I did above when I said I think I figured out what we're getting based on your "night rows" comment. Then Beast1979 said it probably isn't relevant, and now I just don't know. It's not fun anymore to keep playing the guessing game. I'm just too naive - or stupid, or whatever - to decipher the hints and riddles. Sorry - I'm in a mood today, and I really mean no offense. But this thread is getting frustrating, so maybe I'll just go back to being a lurker for a while until we actually start seeing more revealing construction taking place.

In the meantime, can anyone answer my question in my last post? Are there any links to articles, interviews, videos, etc...in which Matt Ouimet discusses his thoughts about KI and the future direction it may take?

Thanks.