Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

The words... "You want me on that wall, you need me on that wall" ... I know that's a movie quote but it could also be something like a gargoyle

Or "you can't handle the truth". Something unique possibly?

My take on the "no camping": some of the new ride goes into the area formerly occupied by Camper Villiage (not sure if someone has already mentioned that).

• Like 1

I know we've already ruled out the dark green supports as being for another coaster, but sitting on the side of the building, I saw a large lime green piece of track.

I don't have any pictures unfortunately, so if you want to wait until someone takes a picture to believe me that's fine. Not claiming this is track piece is destined for Kings Island, but thought I'd let you all know what I saw.

I believe that piece of track is headed to China for Flying Over the Rainforest. Does B&M still make their parts for Asia at Clermont?

SO KI has never been on the cutting edge?

Someone help me here, but

Racer (started coaster revolution)

Beast (record breaker)

Bat (prototype)

Vortex (first coaster with 6 inversions)

King Cobra (Prototype)

FoF (Prototype)

TRTR (First Giant top spin?)

Those are just the first of their kind cutting edge type rides...

Delirium (First giant Frisbee)

Son of Beast (record breaker)

Screamin' Demon (first Arrow launch coaster)

How many of these were under the current regime at 1 Cedar Point Dr.?

And on the "family experience" discussion, Ouimet: "There's not a lot in the middle... rides that parents are on with their kids, but not solely because of their kids... This is one we are about to roll out in multiple parks, where I know a parent will have at least as good of a time as their kids. And I think that's the sweet spot." (followed my some coughing, probably allergies or something)

Calm down, have a little faith. The man at the helm is a genius in this industry. He knows what he is doing- be it a family ride, a new show, or a 400 ft. looping floorless wooden coaster. Trust the guys in charge, and if you are looking to truly have FUN and not looking to point out every little flaw you can find, you will not be disappointed.

End rant.

Flying Over The Rainforest was completed in December......that piece of track is probably damaged (samething that happened with Hair Raiser a few years ago...the track was sent back to Clermont)

• Like 1

A roller coaster incorporating water would be cool... Like spray and a water tunnel. Something like Poseidon or a serpent!

Kings Island currently has a roller coaster incorporating water. It is located in Rivertown.

That doesn't mean it can't happen again.

A roller coaster incorporating water would be cool... Like spray and a water tunnel. Something like Poseidon or a serpent!

Kings Island currently has a roller coaster incorporating water. It is located in Rivertown.

I know that... Diamondback is pretty cool. But I mean more of a water themed creature name with the possibility of getting wet while riding.

• Like 1

I know that... Diamondback is pretty cool. But I mean more of a water themed creature name with the possibility of getting wet while riding.

No offense but we already have 3 great water rides, (4 in you count splash dance). We don't need a coaster where you actually get wet. You have to remember, we live in Ohio....

• Like 2

If we do see a family coaster going in, I could see it being more thrilling than a wild mouse or spinning coaster due to its location in AZ. I couldn't see KI getting a Verbolten style coaster because we have FOF and BSC. If anything I could see FOF being renovated one year to incorporate special effects and such.

Does anyone know if Cedar Fair officials were rumored to be visiting Busch Gardens Williamsburg when Verbolten opened?! I thought I saw something like that but I can't find where I saw it.

Carry on, do please, I will just sit here looking at ye olde celtic things, possibly a B&M base frame here and there, possibly a few inverted floorless coasters as well.

I like the colors of the dead, I really do. Infact I do like this black, it looks nice, although I will keep to my donkeys.

"Yeeh Haw, Yeeh Haw"

At this Point we cant rule out anything, This I know. But with all this talk about a B&M Giga or a Launched coaster, has anyone considered the Possibility of Another Woodie Being built here? I know the Odds are Very Unlikely with Sonny still in peoples minds, but still. Do the Footers give True Indication That this will most likely be a Steel Coaster?

At this Point we cant rule out anything, This I know. But with all this talk about a B&M Giga or a Launched coaster, has anyone considered the Possibility of Another Woodie Being built here? I know the Odds are Very Unlikely with Sonny still in peoples minds, but still. Do the Footers give True Indication That this will most likely be a Steel Coaster?

I highly doubt it, I know we can't, but I pretty much have.

And yes with SOB in everyone's minds the uninformed park goers they could easily make the mistake that the wooden coaster residing where the previous wooden SOB had once stood is the previous coaster, and the park doesn't want that.

And the current layout of the supports so far would resemble a modern steel coaster rather then wooden.

Edit : Looks like silver2005 sort of beat me too it.

Edited by fanofFirehawk

This is a little off-topic, but does anyone know if CSF keeps standard sections of B&M track in stock on their property? Or is each section of track custom made?

Aside from the costs associated with keeping that much material & labor just sitting around unpainted with no purpose; due to the numerous coaster types & train uniqueness for B & M, it would be hard to imagine a need for a "standard section" for stock.
  • Like 4

Carry on, do please, I will just sit here looking at ye olde celtic things, possibly a B&M base frame here and there, possibly a few inverted floorless coasters as well.

I like the colors of the dead, I really do. Infact I do like this black, it looks nice, although I will keep to my donkeys.

"Yeeh Haw, Yeeh Haw"

Please, stop with the donkeys. This is (thankfully) not Theme Park Review. They aren't funny there, either.

• Like 13

So this gets me wondering, what's the thought process when it comes to capitalizing your words?

• Like 7

No offense but we already have 3 great water rides, (4 in you count splash dance). We don't need a coaster where you actually get wet. You have to remember, we live in Ohio....

I don't think Splash Dance can be considered a ride... or great, actually.

• Like 1

Just wondering, after looking at the footers and listening to all the conversations about what will be on the former SOB site I have a question. Could we really be looking at a small ride not a roller coaster, I see the footers but only in teh area by Sling Shot. I mean I look at the possibilities but a new flat maybe the most likely answer, I mean doesn't HUSS kinda owe CF for the WindSeeker debocal. I can see a series of these rides like JUMP 2, FlyAway, maybe a Large farris wheel. I see footers but even these rides require footing before final concrete pad. Just my thought, maybe that will change once I see footers further out in the fields. Who knows?

"Yeeh Haw, Yeeh Haw"

Please, stop with the donkeys. This is (thankfully) not Theme Park Review. They aren't funny there, either.

It isn't a joke, it is just the facts. I did not get this from "Theme Park Review" or any other person, I just think it is a donkey themed coaster. I mean look at CP they have a horse themed coaster, why not have a donkey themed coaster at KI?

BB1 who is just wanting a donkey themed coaster.

No offense taken. When I say water incorporated I mean like a light mist in what would maybe be an indoor section of he coaster. I still think a verbolten style thing would be cool. But also have you eve seen Poseidon's fury at islands of adventure? The water tunnel would be awesome to go through in a coaster. Plus I don't mean getting drenched like in the "water rides". If you were to think of a drake, it is a water dragon...if the ride started in a building you could have the underwater type theming and then fly out with a launch and have the open air. Just saying it would be cool and its no more off base than everyone else's wishes here.

No offense taken. When I say water incorporated I mean like a light mist in what would maybe be an indoor section of he coaster. I still think a verbolten style thing would be cool. But also have you eve seen Poseidon's fury at islands of adventure? The water tunnel would be awesome to go through in a coaster. Plus I don't mean getting drenched like in the "water rides". If you were to think of a drake, it is a water dragon...if the ride started in a building you could have the underwater type theming and then fly out with a launch and have the open air. Just saying it would be cool and its no more off base than everyone else's wishes here.

We used to have another coaster that incorporated water. It was then known as Italian Job Stunt Track.. anyone know why the water was taken out? Not the "splash down" the cannons that'd shoot in the air and get you wet. That's what I miss most from what's been changed with that ride.

This really bugs me. KI said that they are going to expand. So is adding a new coaster the same thing as expansion?

Yes. Adding a new Coaster further expands their list of Rides.

During a back stage tour of The Beast last year Don mentioned that while the park has lots of spare land, they do not want the park to be TOO BIG.

• Like 1