Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

[quote name="Timbo1" post="521587" timestamp="

I mean doesn't HUSS kinda owe CF for the WindSeeker debocal. I can see a series of these rides like JUMP 2, FlyAway, maybe a Large farris wheel. I see footers but even these rides require footing before final concrete pad. Just my thought, maybe that will change once I see footers further out in the fields. Who knows?

Modern Huss rides have low reliability, I.e. TR:TR but WindSeeker was made by Mondial, a Swiss company. Huss resides in Germany. But if we are looking for what Huss owes to CF maybe TR:TR?

Ugh. I'm done trying to figure out this mess. Something in my gut tells me my long-held dreams about KI are going to remain just that...dreams. I think KI has seen the last of its significant steel coasters to be built for a number of years to come. I no longer think the current project is going to be what I was hoping it would be. After hearing more about Ouimet's thoughts for the chain, as well as reading some comments here, I'm convinced the direction of the park is to keep things tame and low key. KI is not a thrill park. It's a family park. Since each park in the chain is supposed to be a separate brand, to me that means the people who want thrills will be expected to go to CP. But we can't all make that trip, so we miss out on these world-class cutting edge coasters, because they usually always go to Ohio's "thrill park" first...CP. I'm amazed KI even built Diamondback to begin with, though that was before Ouimet took over. But it still took KI 20 years after Magnum was built to get a steel hyper. So the message I'm receiving loud and clear is that they want to keep KI a family-focused park, which means no more thrilling coasters. They tossed us a bone with Firehawk, and finally caved in and built Diamondback. But I honestly don't expect there to be anything more beyond that. This new construction is probably for a family coaster. Terp told us to look at Italian Job, so how else do you analyze that?

Sorry for the cynicism. Maybe I'm wrong. Hopefully I am. My gut's just telling me I'm going to be totally disappointed later this summer. Oh well. It's not about me.

I'll let you guys get back to your discussion. I'll check in later this summer to see what this "brilliant" move turns out to be.

I agree I would be highly disappointed in the Cedar Fair Company if they mainly focused on JUST family. I mean what are the thrill seekers supposed to do? Build our own? Cedar Point is supposed to be An amazing park with cutting edge coasters , not family coaster that go up 20 feet high and drop 6 feet at 11 MPH. They already have a kiddie area in the Cedar Fair parks why just not keep it the way it's going? Ughhh... I'm so confused

It may be that families spend more money in the park than the enthusiast niche who wants the biggest fastest etc. Plus in the park, I think Racer as a family ride. Fun, air time, not too fast. Nostalgic. So family fun doesnt have to be boring. Heck look at Universal. Spiderman/Men In Black/Simpsons. All family fun rides that all want to ride. I would even say the Harry Potter ride, but not sure if its a bit on the thrilling side...

I'm sorry but I really hate it when CEO's feel like they have to make their parks more "family-focused" than it already is. You know why? Because "family-focused" usually results not in something "the whole family can enjoy", but something only little kids will enjoy because it has to stoop to the lowest thrill denominator.

Now I know, "family-focused" can mean a lot of things, such as the making the park more affordable, but I just think that Kings Island already has enough family and kids rides (hence, best Kid's Area in the World) so if Mr. O is smart (not implying that he isn't) he would fully turn his attention to building more thrill rides at Kings Island.

Besides, isn't the thrill-seeker part of the family to?

see above post. Is The Racer a boring ride? Maybe to you if its not a thrill ride its boring, but many many people enjoy rides that they can ride not with just the daredevil in the family but with all members.

Just because it may be a ride that "parents will ride with their kids" doesn't mean whatever we are getting won't be thrilling. Rides like Gatekeeper and even Cheetah Hunt come to mind.

If we are honestly complaining because what we are getting may not be a 300+ foot Giga coaster, it makes me wonder if we'd rather have Kinzel back just so we can have a roller coaster placed without meaning or consideration to other sections of the park.

It is possible to focus on more than just the family/just the thrillseeker without just "stooping to the lowest thrill denominator."

^Cedar Fair under Kinzel (and a perfect example of Kinzel placing a high thrill ride in a place without considering location)

Sort of like putting Firehawk smack dab at the in the middle of what could have been a park expansion? or when Paramount replaced a nice relaxing green space family ride with a big ugly junkyard coaster?

All I'm saying is that Kings Island should continue to focus on building high thrill rides. I didn't say Kings Island already wasn't. Well, maybe I did. I don't know. Nevermind. I'll stop talking. Case closed. Let's move on. There's no sense in starting a long drawn out argument. Sorry. It was my fault. I'll stop. :blink:

As I get older, I find myself looking for rides that are fun and can be rode multiple times.

TTD can't be ridden multiple times? Well, I guess for some people it can't but I could ride it all day and not get bored.

• Like 2

Just wondering, after looking at the footers and listening to all the conversations about what will be on the former SOB site I have a question. Could we really be looking at a small ride not a roller coaster, I see the footers but only in teh area by Sling Shot. I mean I look at the possibilities but a new flat maybe the most likely answer, I mean doesn't HUSS kinda owe CF for the WindSeeker debocal. I can see a series of these rides like JUMP 2, FlyAway, maybe a Large farris wheel. I see footers but even these rides require footing before final concrete pad. Just my thought, maybe that will change once I see footers further out in the fields. Who knows?

If this isn't a new roller coaster there is no way I'm renewing my season pass.

TTD was/is a great ride. I loved the launch when I rode it. But after the launch it just becomes this real steep drop. For some guests that is not enough for multiple re-rides. For some guests, that is more than enough. I understand that everyone has their own idea of what is fun and invoked the "I must ride that again."

• Like 1

Just wondering, after looking at the footers and listening to all the conversations about what will be on the former SOB site I have a question. Could we really be looking at a small ride not a roller coaster, I see the footers but only in teh area by Sling Shot. I mean I look at the possibilities but a new flat maybe the most likely answer, I mean doesn't HUSS kinda owe CF for the WindSeeker debocal. I can see a series of these rides like JUMP 2, FlyAway, maybe a Large farris wheel. I see footers but even these rides require footing before final concrete pad. Just my thought, maybe that will change once I see footers further out in the fields. Who knows?

Now dont go starting crazy talk.

• Like 2

Now dont go starting crazy talk.

I'm serious. Why would they clear out all that land just for a "small non-rollercoaster ride"(no offense to Timbo). Not to sound like a troll but that would be really disappointing...

Does anyone know when Kings Island will announce this new project/ride? I'm hoping it does get named ''Banshee'' and I really hope it's a coaster. I've heard that in August PR will announce what's coming in 2014 but I don't know if that's true.

August is a likely time for an announcement, as the regular season is ending and the park will be looking to sell passes for next year. No date has been officially mentioned for the release.

Also, KI has been announcing and giving clues for special events this year all season long, and will probably not want to overshadow those until the time is right. The last one was for "a special event for later this summer that will excite Cincinnati sports fans."

Does anyone know when Kings Island will announce this new project/ride? I'm hoping it does get named ''Banshee'' and I really hope it's a coaster. I've heard that in August PR will announce what's coming in 2014 but I don't know if that's true.

August is a likely time for an announcement, as the regular season is ending and the park will be looking to sell passes for next year. No date has been officially mentioned for the release.

Also, KI has been announcing and giving clues for special events this year all season long, and will probably not want to overshadow those until the time is right. The last one was for "a special event for later this summer that will excite Cincinnati sports fans."

Are you talking about the Red's Grille or was that the last hint for 2014?

It came from a twitter message by kingsislandPR on June 12th.

It might involve the Red's Grille in some way, but it wouldn't be an announcement for the restaurant.

I'm guessing there will be some famous Reds or Bengals players coming later this season or something like that.

Carry on, do please, I will just sit here looking at ye olde celtic things, possibly a B&M base frame here and there, possibly a few inverted floorless coasters as well.

I like the colors of the dead, I really do. Infact I do like this black, it looks nice, although I will keep to my donkeys.

"Yeeh Haw, Yeeh Haw"

Please, stop with the donkeys. This is (thankfully) not Theme Park Review. They aren't funny there, either.

Oh, please. At least Theme Park Review doesn't have any Big Sexy(s)

I think the floorless coaster is a gimmick, you only noticed it in the first row. I think Diamondback acts just as much as a floorless, the way the seats are so high up and the open air style. Also (On Superman Krypton Coaster) it was a bit odd you could actually kick the row infront of you and I'm not that tall at 5'8". Krypton Coaster was great, the way it interacted with the environment, but I don't see as many interesting possibilities here.

• Like 3

I bet there's going to be a big race of the current "lurkers" once this new ride is announced to see who gets it's name as their username first so that there is no random numbers, hyphens, or underscores in it. Oh, wait a minute, there already is a user with the screen name "Banshee" who registered years before any of these rumors started. SPOOOOKY... :ph34r:

• Like 4

I'm thinking either intamin launch of a sort or an invert. By the fence is a pair of footers that are a width apart enough for track to go between and supports that go down to the footers. The triangles may be used for a helix finale, like a lot of the bigger coasters in the park ( beast, Diamondback, Vortex, Firehawk)

I'm pretty sure Kings Island has the most helices in any park.

-Beast: 2

-Vortex: 1

-Diamondback: 1

-Backlot: 1 or 2

-Firehawk: 1

-Flight of Fear might as well count as one.

Not sure if we need any more! I could care less about inversions, I like airtime. If there's an inversion, give me a zero g.

The most meaningful helices I've been through are on Beast and Goliath (SFOG), and Titan.

• Like 1

Just my two cents.

After long periods of thought I have my own conclusion of the new attraction. I do in fact, after this long debate, believe that this is a B&M invert, themed to Banshee. Now this will go through some sort of camp possibly or a new area where a camp is the theme. Now if it were to be in a camp setting, here is my hypothesis. You will begin in a cabin themed station, where you will begin the ascent up to the peak, 308' in the air, to where you will do a curved dive for the ground, after you will begin to go around, and through cabins. As well there will probably be some sort of corkscrew inversion, possibly a loop at the other hand as well. This is just an early hypothesis though, my final statements will probably be one or so days before the announcement of what the attraction and the name will be.

In this light I hope we can come closer to an over all consensus on the matter at hand, while not being called to an off hand topic that has little to no meaning to an official idea on what the new attraction could be and the name of it can be.

As well in light of my previous posts of donkeys, I was actually thinking of them and looking at many when I could. I do like donkeys and I would like to see a donkey themed coaster in my lifetime.

• Like 2

Diamondback has two helices. One after the 3rd hill and the other before the splashdown. I grey out on the first one usually.

The only time I have greyed out on a coaster was millennium force after the pull out from the first drop. And that was at night after a case of beer.

• Like 2

Just my two cents.

After long periods of thought I have my own conclusion of the new attraction. I do in fact, after this long debate, believe that this is a B&M invert, themed to Banshee. Now this will go through some sort of camp possibly or a new area where a camp is the theme. Now if it were to be in a camp setting, here is my hypothesis. You will begin in a cabin themed station, where you will begin the ascent up to the peak, 308' in the air, to where you will do a curved dive for the ground, after you will begin to go around, and through cabins. As well there will probably be some sort of corkscrew inversion, possibly a loop at the other hand as well. This is just an early hypothesis though, my final statements will probably be one or so days before the announcement of what the attraction and the name will be.

In this light I hope we can come closer to an over all consensus on the matter at hand, while not being called to an off hand topic that has little to no meaning to an official idea on what the new attraction could be and the name of it can be.

As well in light of my previous posts of donkeys, I was actually thinking of them and looking at many when I could. I do like donkeys and I would like to see a donkey themed coaster in my lifetime.

A 308' invert would be intense going into a loop followed by a zero g roll.

• Like 1

I can confirm that the fence has been moved closer to the Midway, and over by the Ice Scream Stand. A new banner has been added to the fence closet to Ice Scream stand with the same phrase that was on the other banners, however without the sticker, so the mistake was fixed lol. The Chain link fence that was around Thunder Alley is now gone, and more footers are being poured in the area where the fence was moved, and in part of the Old SOB Area. I can not wait to find out what this is. I still think it's going to be pretty big!

• Like 6

At this Point we cant rule out anything, This I know. But with all this talk about a B&M Giga or a Launched coaster, has anyone considered the Possibility of Another Woodie Being built here? I know the Odds are Very Unlikely with Sonny still in peoples minds, but still. Do the Footers give True Indication That this will most likely be a Steel Coaster?

So this gets me wondering, what's the thought process when it comes to capitalizing your words?

...The Same thought process that comes to mind when I ask if you are an English Professor and/or someone who just wants to get likes on a post to make themselves seem smart in front of an audience..

Not a personal attack mind you, just kind of steams me when someone notices something so irrelevant to the main idea of a post that they feel they have to call it out..

• Like 3

Don mentioned on Twitter today he was taking backstage trips with some KIC members.For those of you that were there, what did he say about the mystery construction. (If you asked, which Im sure you did ;) )

He said that the announcement would likely not happen until after this summer. This thread seems to have a long way to go.

It is reported that all such questions were...diverted.

The exact quote is that they're "building towards the future".

• Like 4