Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Up until this point, footers have been just footers from any coaster manufacturer.

It appears in THE_BEASTmaster's Diamondback FoF's pic(s) ( ;) ) these footers are certainly pointing in the direction of B & M.

Nice pics & great legwork!

• Like 6

PICTURE 23 PICTURE 23. BOTTOM LEFT. PICTURE 23

SQUIRREL!

It should be fairly clear by now that we are on track for a large steel coaster. The footers still don't identify any manufacturer (many of them use the rectangular "plugs" in the footer, again it all depends on engineering and not style) but the size and scope of them certainly indicates a larger steel roller coaster. It can be said with some certainty however that the round "plug" footers are most likely for ride supports and not brakes / station supports. The footers are growing at a quick pace, which puts it on a time scale a few months behind Diamondback, but still several before Gatekeeper. The "grid" of several rows of footers seems to be a transfer track area, and the footers are starting to descend down the hill where Son of Beast's second helix once stood, which I like. It indicates that the ride will not be contained to the former Thunder Alley location. I am puzzled by the flurry of disorganized footers behind Slingshot, that is an area which would presumably be near the station or lift hill. Perhaps some sort of element will go there?

Another thing I'm having difficulty with is Don's statement that there may not be a day this summer when an announcement is made. Taken at face value, this would certainly go against the standard ride announcement procedure, announcing in August before season passes go on sale for next year. However, it would be foolish to take the statement at face value. I have been struggling to find the correct interpretation of that statement, other than a fall announcement or nighttime announcement, both being far too literal.

All of this is pure speculation, I can't claim to know any more than anyone else about this project. If I were a gambling man, I would wager on B&M, though a model is harder to identify. I hope for an invert.

• Like 2

Can someone tell me why the footers point so clearly to a B&M at such an early stage?

The similar center mold used previously on other B & M footers.

Please refer to post # 3512 for comparison.

Is it a definitive sign? No. But certainly makes it likely.

• Like 2

Can someone tell me why the footers point so clearly to a B&M at such an early stage?

The similar center mold used previously on other B & M footers.

Please refer to post # 3512 for comparison.

Is it a definitive sign? No. But certainly makes it likely.

Okay, thanks I just wanted a little evidence as to why it was pointing to a B&M, which apparently there is.

Hmmm... Now there are 2 triangular footers. :P