Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Hmmm... Now there are 2 triangular footers. :P

The footers are facing each other as if going to be supporting a slingshot.

Fake News Report:

Earlier today Kings Island unveiled a plans for a brand new attraction

Son of Slingshot

Along with another counterpart Slingshot jr.

We all look forward to these amazing new attractions coming 2014.

Wow that may have the most stupid I have ever typed...

In my life...

• Like 3

Thanks for posting good high res zoomed in pictures, anyone else have better shots of the other locations, I wanna take my map of the area and actually input these locations into it and see if I can plot something out getting a great overhead view of it. I didn't even notice these footers last time I was here, nor notice the size of some of them that people have been posted as I don't have a good zooming camera

• Like 1

Hmmm... Now there are 2 triangular footers. :P

The footers are facing each other as if going to be supporting a slingshot.

Fake News Report:

Earlier today Kings Island unveiled a plans for a brand new attraction

Son of Slingshot

Along with another counterpart Slingshot jr.

We all look forward to these amazing new attractions coming 2014.

Wow that may have the most stupid I have ever typed...

In my life...

They already have a Sling Shot... *That I will never Ride*

• Like 1

Just a few thoughts on the plethora of footings that have shown up in a very compact space so far. Since construction started so early I tend to believe this is a larger scale project and not something the size of Stunt Track. The rectangular footings and triangular are signs of elements because of their size they will have supports that are carrying greater forces and these forces are probably due to some type of element, whether helixes/spirals, or something else. As the lift hill develops the type of coaster will become more clear, if we see parallel footings then it is most likely an inverted, but if its a single line of footings then look for a more traditional sit-down.

I find this picture of Patriot interesting, the use of large rectangular and smaller footings in close proximity of one another. I am not saying

ibd4p27nk1im80043mn6as.jpg

• Like 8

With the triangular footers I see an element that enters and leaves in the same fashion, so to say. Like a loop or a camelback hill, because the footers are perfect opposites of each other with the points of the triangle pointing towards each other. It also does not look like an invert in my opinion. If you look at Raptor at CP, nearly every support piece consists of footers in pairs.

Y'all are missing the most obvious explanation for the no camping signs: we're getting a gentle family or kiddie ride.

After all, since there's no camping allowed, the ride can't be intense! :lol:

[dodges rotten tomatoes]

I don't get it...

Look at the italicized word, then sound it out one syllable at a time. Then think about what camping involves. :)

What? Oh, ohhhh, now I see it!

Lame...

Well, I thought it was funny....

I thought it was very clever and funny as well. These are forums where people go to have friendly conversations with others who share the same interests as themselves, we should all be respectful of one another.

Jesus Christ, I was just kidding...

Please don't use the Lord's name in vain.

Now I bet you think you're so cool because you got 18 likes and counting off of a remark that I already knew was going to be said sooner or later anyway.

Great.

• Like 2

With the triangular footers I see an element that enters and leaves in the same fashion, so to say. Like a loop or a camelback hill, because the footers are perfect opposites of each other with the points of the triangle pointing towards each other. It also does not look like an invert in my opinion. If you look at Raptor at CP, nearly every support piece consists of footers in pairs.

Not saying it is an invert or it isn't, but the placement and type of footing has changed on inverts over the year. Compare Raptor with some of the newer versions. The parallel footings is mainly used for the lift hill and station tracking.

What if this is some sort of Inverted WingRider? Can you imagine the head and leg choppers?

I gotta ask: Why invert a wing rider? Wouldn't it be the same experience as a regular invert?

Not necessarily.. This could give them the option to stagger the heights of the seats so that everyone has a good view.

What if this is some sort of Inverted WingRider? Can you imagine the head and leg choppers?

I gotta ask: Why invert a wing rider? Wouldn't it be the same experience as a regular invert?

Also it would be a completely different experience then a normal WingRider because now the elements would all have to be inverted as well. In my opinion inverted elements are far more forceful then normal ones. I feel the Wingovers are more fun then regular corkscrews and an inverted zero g is just amazing! But that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

Am I the only one that thinks its so obvious that its going to be an invert judging by this picture? I easily see a turn into the lift hill in this picture.

http://s872.photobucket.com/user/AlexRB1994/media/2014%20Coaster%20Construction-%20June%2014/IMG_2171.jpg.html?sort=3&o=28

I can see what your saying but that could easily be something else, Maverick has duel supports for the break run.

I think it could easily be something other than that, but then again it could very well be an invert.

A fan, possibly in denial.

Am I the only one that thinks its so obvious that its going to be an invert judging by this picture? I easily see a turn into the lift hill in this picture.

http://s872.photobucket.com/user/AlexRB1994/media/2014%20Coaster%20Construction-%20June%2014/IMG_2171.jpg.html?sort=3&o=28

I can see what your saying but that could easily be something else, Maverick has duel supports for the break run.

I think it could easily be something other than that, but then again it could very well be an invert.

But those duel supports look to wide for a sitdown.

• Like 1

What are we sposed to laugh?

Well, yes, but no one ever does.

Perhaps if it were funny people would...?

^Are you talking about the long ones? Then yes, they are the remains from KC!

I find most of your post very informative and entertaining, please, just please don't ruin my view of you.

But those duel supports look to wide for a sitdown.

That is true the more I study the photographs, the more I see the invert, maybe I just didn't want to see it but your probably right.