Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

b_Nvd_GUi.jpg

KI_Invert_2014_130618190405000.jpg

I created a concept coaster in NoLimits. Eventually I'll post an entire video.

Looking forward to it....although I tend to think the lift hill will head out in the other direction. But I'd still like to see what you come up with.

• Like 2

Because where he has the lift hill now, there is in actually a flurry of footers in a small area, not typical of a lift hill. Additionally, it would put the end of the hill somewhere on top of Adventure Express. It would make more sense to put the end of the ride there and flip the lift hill so it leads out into the valley.

I just done, I am deleting my account. Bye gingerkid out!!

Obviously nothing went in this year. But waiting one year would definitely save up money. Anyone have any ideas how much it would have cost to tear down SOB and the cost to hull it away. It is pressure treated wood with chemicals so I'm guessing it wasn't easy or cheap.

Thoughts?

E0205772-9E3F-439C-82C2-170B084A156B-177
  • Like 4

I've got a Ronald Reagan mask somewhere... although that might make people think I'm a shoplifter. Can't have that.

Also I'm cool with a B&M invert. Anyone know why after MF, Intamin hasn't really built anything similar to MF besides i305 and bizarro... maintenance issues? Just seems like since it was so successful everyone would want one.

:rolleyes: I would like to know why you think the lift will head out in the other direction?

Beast1979 did a really good job explaining it for me.

If you take a look at the pictures in his post, pay attention to the last one and notice how he pointed out the parallel footers. It only makes sense that the lift hill will start out heading northeast into the ravine area. I don't think there's room to extend the lift hill in the direction of AE. The abundance of footers being constructed just to the north of Slingshot suggests a number of elements will be constructed near the end of the ride before the trains end at a brake run, then curve right as they go back into the station.

Many companies here recently have went under new management and are doing much better! Examples‚ CF‚ Sony‚ Six Flags (don't know personally‚ just basing off of terpy) and EA. New mangement seems as a good thing right now!

Ask JC Penney how they are doing. Or Microsoft. Or Best Buy.

EDIT: Didn't know there was a whole nother page of comments after his post. Terpy beat me to it.

• Like 1

I submitted my application to the NBNL (Nonexistent Bureau of Nonexistent Licenses) and as of today I am an officially licensed speculator.

I suggest all of you do the same as not to be fined for speculating without a license. After all, we can't have that, now can we?

LordSkippy, who may have legitimately been driven mad by this thread.

• Like 4

Your arguments for the other direction for the lift hill do make sense. BUT, you have to remember how the transfer shed seems to be set up. I really don't think the ride will pass the transfer before going up the lift and there doesn't appear to be any footers set up for the station to be on the other side of the transfer. Also, there is no reason the layout can't do some stuff under the lift. So, Rcoaster10, I believe you have it right.

• Like 1

Aside from SOB's station being in a location they don't seem to want to currently reuse for the next attraction. I would believe the bigger problem in retrofitting the attraction from SOB is going from a two abreast train to a four abreast train. I may be wrong though it's happened at least once before.

Side thought; Why hasn't anyone built a four abreast wooden coaster? I know traditional building would make it very wide with the catwalks and railing but if used topper-track you could lose most catwalks.

b_Nvd_GUi.jpg

KI_Invert_2014_130618190405000.jpg

I created a concept coaster in NoLimits. Eventually I'll post an entire video.

Looking forward to it....although I tend to think the lift hill will head out in the other direction. But I'd still like to see what you come up with.

If that indeed is how the layout is to be, then that looks very similar to how Raptor starts out.

• Like 1