Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Guys, I know what the roller coaster is, what it's named, what color it is, I know everything about it.

It's a B&M invert. It has a height of 244 feet, a drop 231 feet long, a speed of 77 mph, and a length of 4679 feet.

It will also feature 8 inversions, here is the ride experience: 219 foot loop, making it the tallest in the world, a 180 ft dive loop, a zero g roll, cobra roll, another zero g roll, 270 degree helix, MCBR, 128 foot drop, interlocking corkscrews, then an unexpected heartline roll before entering the station.

The colors are green track and teal supports, and the name is... Banshee!

You should see the announcement withing the next couple of days on KI's website.

I really doubt what I have highlighted in red.

I love how the one thing that threw you off was the announcement date. :P

I wonder how many of these clowns would be so big and bad if they weren't hiding behind their computers & smartphones...

I would as I moonlight as a clown for a haunted house. ;)

• Like 5

Hello! :D First-time poster here. I've been reading this particular thread since page 1 and am intrigued as to what KI may be constructing. The recent increase of footers has added to the curiosity. I have never actually been to KI, but I am eager to get out there sometime soon, especially after this ride opens!

I have no idea as to what type of coaster they may be building. I would also not like to throw in my two cents at this time about what this coaster may be. It does appear to have an interesting layout based on the arrangement of the footers. However, I can not see any clearly defined layout as of now. I certainly can't wait for more footers to show up, and I can't wait to continue to follow this thread throughout the summer. :)

That is, if the number of trolls would decline.. <_<

This guy is already my favorite! Good job on not throwing out some absurd opinions lol. You're a rare breed in these troll infested waters!

• Like 6

During my trip today I noticed the fences have in fact been moved closer, and new signage along with it. I could not get a good view through the fence so I decided to ride AE to get a better view. Noticed large circular rebar down in the valley, and construction is going at a much quicker pace lately, so it looks as if we are about to see where the next stage of construction leads us. I'm guessing we should know a lot more about the layout within the next 30 days.

What did the new signage say? If you don't mind me asking.

THE_BEASTmaster, who likes to be curious sometimes, even though he'll be at the park this evening. :)

The new signs say the same thing. The only difference is the last sentence does not appear to be added on compared to the original signs. The original signs look like they taped something over the original words only to reveal something different at a later time.

Has anyone tried to peel these off to see what is underneath?

During my trip today I noticed the fences have in fact been moved closer, and new signage along with it. I could not get a good view through the fence so I decided to ride AE to get a better view. Noticed large circular rebar down in the valley, and construction is going at a much quicker pace lately, so it looks as if we are about to see where the next stage of construction leads us. I'm guessing we should know a lot more about the layout within the next 30 days.

THE_BEASTmaster, who likes to be curious sometimes, even though he'll be at the park this evening. :)

The new signs say the same thing. The only difference is the last sentence does not appear to be added on compared to the original signs. The original signs look like they taped something over the original words only to reveal something different at a later time.

I'd imagine trying to peel that would get you in quick trouble for something like vandalism or property destruction. Maybe they'd be cool with it but why risk it?

• Like 1

I'd imagine trying to peel that would get you in quick trouble for something like vandalism or property destruction. Maybe they'd be cool with it but why risk it?

My curiosity got the best of me and I tried to get a good look. But I was unsuccessful. I know for sure the this is sorta what it look like. (\/ bottom of sign covered bytape)

this [_____?_____] identified.

The new sign takes up more space on the bottom, which leads me to believe "evil phenomenon" was a last minute add on. For adiversion maybe?

Maybe I should create another account and start talking about things I want. Like World Series trophy, another Gibson Les Paul to add to my collection, Mila Kunis, Bunbury VIP passes..

I want a Martin D-45! - and if you wanna throw in Mila, I won't complain!

It seems to me that the Octoberfest gardens have been cleared and now have a lot of open space. Maybe and hopefully they remove Sling Shot. have that area be the entrance. The area right next to Delirum by the so called lift hill may be for the queue line. I've made predictions before and sadly they have been removed. So here goes another try!

Nobody died on Son of Beast, however I think someone did on one of the coasters currently operating at KI.

Although perhaps not "technically"

Like technically people don't die in Disney pools from drowning, they die at the hospital, off of park property.

People were hurt - and not just a cut or bump that goes away with time. There are KIC members who were injured on Son and they live with pain every day of their lives. They keep kicking themselves for not reporting it, but with all the stuff going on with that POS at the time, they figured no one would listen to them - just people looking to get a settlement from a court case. I pray to God you never get an injury from an amusement ride (or in my case, a Ford product). To have to live with pain the rest of your life is pure hell. Has Hank driven a Ford lately? No!

I can only imagine how many injuries people suffered and didn't report from that S.O.B. I know someone who visits a chiropractor frequently since there last ride but pride kept them from speaking up. I think the average person just feels hopeless in many cases. What's your lawyer going to do against theirs! Unless your taken off the premises in an ambulance, its not even worth the fight 99% of the time. Ride at your own risk my friends!

I being one of those members of KIC that went through the pain of S.O.B. but did not say anything. As I was a young pup whose back healed and is now only in minor pain, which I blame mostly on hockey anymore.

BTW....rode Adventure Express last Sunday, and several trees to the right of the train near the final helix before the "volcano" tunnel, were cut down and stacked....several meaning less than four. More could be cut now. Can anyone confrim?

Prepping fresh-cut trees for Winterfest?

I love the smell of pine in the winter, although the smell may be a little dull by then.

It seems to me that the Octoberfest gardens have been cleared and now have a lot of open space. Maybe and hopefully they remove Sling Shot. have that area be the entrance. The area right next to Delirum by the so called lift hill may be for the queue line. I've made predictions before and sadly they have been removed. So here goes another try!

I have already stated this, earlier, in this topic. Say 75 pages back or so. While I do not expect you to read all 135, jebus, pages of this thread, it is something that has already been brought up. Equally, I believe it was something someone made notion to before construction even started last year on the forums as well, but I have been wrong before.

edit - unless you love the "spell" of pine like I do, I deemed it necessary to correct my spelling mistake.

Well, well well. This whole thread has gone right in the terlet.

Folks with sense, please. Do not feed the trolls. Don't respond to their nonsense. You are doing what they want, giving them a reaction.

Crickets should be said reaction.

• Like 2

IBanshee-130621081330000_zps8738dc25.png

I really like this color scheme. Maybe a white stripe down the spine would look cool too. Unfortunately No Limits doesn't let you do that.

Ah, I like that as well. Very Banshee-esk. That would be a nice contrasting color ride for Action Zone.

IMG_3507_zps0505bc85.jpg

We have a name of a construction company! According to a Google search, it is a local company located in Mason that does not appear to have a website or Facebook page. I was hoping to look through a list of projects on their website for clues, but no dice.

Nobody died on Son of Beast, however I think someone did on one of the coasters currently operating at KI.

Although perhaps not "technically"

Like technically people don't die in Disney pools from drowning, they die at the hospital, off of park property.

A person died after riding Firehawk back in 2011
Yes someone died after Firehawk but I believe the death was not induced by the ride. I think the person had heart problems?

Yes. And the death occurred in 2009, not 2011.

And my cousin was the ride operator at the time :blink:

I remember watching an interview with either Mr. bolliger or mallibard (cant remember which one) from iaapa last year and the guy interviewing him asked about the possibility of loop(s) going into their hyper/giga coasters. His response to the question was simply that he didnt want to comment. That obviously means that a project is in the works for this type of thing. I think that this kinda ties into a post from earlier about a guy on youtube who claims to have blueprints for it. His claim is that it is a b&m giga with some sort of dive in it. I think a 300 ft coaster with loops, dives, etc would be awesome.

Also i dig a little deeper in that construction company and found that it is indeed a concrete company based in mason. Their speciality is apparently homes, so my thought is that they are just maybe working on the foundation for the station because it is basically a sort of larger building.

Idk, this is just my two cents.

a guy on youtube who claims to have blueprints for it. His claim is that it is a b&m giga with some sort of dive in it. I think a 300 ft coaster with loops, dives, etc would be awesome.

Take note that this YouTube user obtains his footage by sneaking into places he's not supposed to be. How do you think he obtained such a document?

• Like 2

^^Your conclusion that my conclusion is ridiculous is wrong. Usually in an interview, especially w/ major ride manufacturers, if an interviewer asks about ride developments and the rep answers about it saying something like "we are working to do this" (ex b&m saying they are ready to do a launch coaster) then it is at least a few years from debuting. when they simply say "no comment" it usually means that they are trying to not ruin a new ride for the general public.

So my conclusion was not ridiculous. That is all.