Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

They could go right around all other attractions. This could explain the clearing farther back then where sob stood. That could be the location of a second tower.. The next could easily be by x-base and from there into and around DA with a few more towers..

I'm pretty sure you guys are putting way too much thought into this. Let's look at the clues:

1.) Cedar Fair trademarks the name Banshee. Think back to the teaser on the fence. Mysterious, bone-chilling screams? Unless the park is really trying to throw a curveball here, I don't see what other name could be used. Before anyone brings up Mustang, was the name Mustang trademarked?

2.) It would be almost unheard of for a seasonal park to start construction this early for a small attraction. AKA: The odds of us getting a wild mouse are pretty small in my book.

3.) We have footers on the ground! They look like coaster footers, they smell like coaster footers, they taste like coaster footers, they sound like coaster footers... you finish the puzzle.

4.) Does Cedar Fair have a history of building ziplines? I mean, not to be rude, but really? Do you honestly think that is what this is for?

5.) This is almost certainly B&M. But why Diamondhawk, why are you taking all our toys? Cedar Fair doesn't seem to exactly love Intamin right now. In fact, Intamin hasn't been used at Cedar Fair since 2010 for I305. I remember Don saying that Kings Island wanted to focus on reliable, high capacity rides after disasters such as Son of Beast, The Cyrpt, Backlot Stunt Coaster, etc. Also, if that's not enough proof, CEO Matt Ouimet said while at the B&M plant looking at Gatekeeper, that Kings Island was on his radar.

6.) Don is trying to throw you off with that tweet. And it clearly worked. Hats off to you Mr. Helbig. Don't look too much into this. I know the anticipation is great for the new ride, but not every word out of Don's mouth will have to do with this new attraction. ;)

• Like 14

I doubt the park is looking to connect Action Zone to X Base with a zipline.

I'm just throwing it out there because it would be a tie in with Action Zone. I was just using the "Pterodactyl" reference to DA. But what else flies only as high as average trees? Zip line popularity has grown tremedously over the last couple years and the designers have made them extremely safe.

So you're telling me Son of Beast and Thunder Alley were pulverized so the park can add a long zip line to Dinosaurs Alive.

Mkay..

• Like 5

I doubt the park is looking to connect Action Zone to X Base with a zipline.

I'm just throwing it out there because it would be a tie in with Action Zone. I was just using the "Pterodactyl" reference to DA. But what else flies only as high as average trees? Zip line popularity has grown tremedously over the last couple years and the designers have made them extremely safe.

So you're telling me Son of Beast and Thunder Alley were pulverized so the park can add a long zip line to Dinosaurs Alive.

Mkay..

No, If you read my posts you would see I wasn't stating that at all. What I said was it could be referencing mutlple attractions. I think the construction we see is for a coaster, but I was suggesting the tweets maybe referencing something else since they seem to be totally unrelated to what we all want in our hearts which is a new roller coaster.

• Like 1

Not to mention a million names could be trademarked between now and the time the ride announcement is made. Yes, the name Banshee fits the teasers, but I wouldn't bet the farm that that is the name the ride will have.

i really hope its not a Wing Rider. What about that intamin style ride that was built at Hersery Park?

Just curious...have you ridden one? Wild Eagle was the best new coaster i've ridden in some time. I wasn't convinced until I got on the ride, but it was sensational.

I myself really hope its a giga coaster or maybe KI and B&M have created an all new coaster that has never been thought of would be nice. If KI was to get the "first" of a kind rollercoaster would really put an exclamation point on the park.

• Like 4

Yep. And Demon the first of its kind to open to the public. Even King Cobra. Where are they now?

A land a bit under ground, better yet, in a land inside a warehouse, or in a dominion in Virginia.

From the offices of one Lance Hart:

icon_STOP.gif2014/2015 - New Coaster - (5/6/13) I’ll file this as a very WILD rumor for now, but I did hear a very early whisper claiming that Carowinds may be on the short list of parks under consideration to get a B&M Wing Coaster in 2015. Cross your fingers… but this falls in line somewhat as Carowinds is due for a new coaster in either 2014 or 2015 as it will have been a good number of [years] since the park opened their last coaster, Intimidator back in 2010. If they decide to put the next Wing coaster somewhere else, Carowinds may receive a smaller coaster project instead for 2014.

Wild indeed, but for all you Wing Riding hopefuls, the last line could mean KI might get a Wing Rider before Carowinds does. Also, according to one of the photos Lance received (I won't link it because it was taken while riding Drop Tower), the footings closest to the path have concrete already poured in.

Hello, this is my first time posting. I love Kings Island and find it very interesting that there are footers already being placed and poured so early into the season. I hope it's a B&M giga that is different than both Diamondback and Leviathan. I would also like to see a b&m inverted coaster. "Banshee" (not saying thats the name of the new ride) looks like its going to be pretty large. So excited for 2014 already!

• Like 4

Why would KI already be creating footings for the new ride if its a wing rider? CP created a wing rider in one winter, they didnt need the whole summer in advance to start putting footers in. If KI was getting a wing rider they wouldn't be starting to put footers already. KI is planning something much more bigger than that if they are starting this early!

• Like 1