Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/p480x480/179713_10151971825053368_915919417_n.jpg

"Always make a “splash” when “dropping” by Action Zone!"

OBVIOUSLY it's a dive coaster with a splashdown...

/thread

Where did you see that quote?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151971825053368&set=a.226729858367.174830.155893938367&type=1

I never would have caught that

I don't have Facebook, so I wouldn't have seen it. But I don't think it's a hint. It's just a play on words....making a "splash" means you're doing something to get yourself noticed, but in this case it's just a clever way of captioning that photo...and "dropping by" simply means "visiting". I highly doubt it's any sort of secret code aimed at coaster enthusiasts about the new project for next year.

• Like 1

It is almost july. There is no new b&m track at the factory. Its pointing to a intamin.

Right. Because there aren't hundreds of other manufacturers out there like Zierer, Gerstlauer, PTC, RMC, Premier, or Vekoma that could be creating this coaster.

Neither of you seemed to mention Mack Rides, which is a company that I haven't heard quite a few of you name. Remember, Cedar Fair did install a Mack wild mouse coaster at Knotts last year and it sure was a Coast Rider! Along with that, Mack is also kind-of into the dark ride business...Amusement Dark anyone?

Not saying it would be a wild-mouse, just throwing out the idea of getting a Mack ride in general, whether that be a wild mouse or launched coaster or even a Mack dark ride.

You can throw the Theming out the door, because sadly.. this isn't Paramount anymore.

Do we really think there will be less theming? Curious what everybody thinks. Maybe the background with Disney will change that. The area they're building in seems perfect for theming.

Possibly. But we can't be for sure of that since Gatekeeper didn't really have that much themeing unless you consider going through the Keyholes...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/p480x480/179713_10151971825053368_915919417_n.jpg

"Always make a “splash” when “dropping” by Action Zone!"

OBVIOUSLY it's a dive coaster with a splashdown...

/thread

Where did you see that quote?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151971825053368&set=a.226729858367.174830.155893938367&type=1

They probably make these hints, because The General Public doesn't even think much of it.

Guest Department47

Regarding the Congo Falls picture posted on Facebook, that's an old stock photo that wasn't even taken at the park. Congo Falls has five rows per boat, versus the four shown in that picture.

• Like 3

Regarding the Congo Falls picture posted on Facebook, that's an old stock photo that wasn't even taken at the park. Congo Falls has five rows per boat, versus the four shown in that picture.

Any chance they may have changed boats over the years? The ride used to be called "Amazon Falls", so maybe when they did the name change, they got different boats...?

I think we all have way too much time on our hands.

If that were the case, the people smart enough to use all that time would have already been in the future riding the new attraction.

...That was a really bad time traveler's joke (hopefully last Friday's Time Travel Committee meeting will get into a discussion about the proper timing of jokes). It was either that, or I'd ask those with too much time on their hands to share it with the rest of us so we can have our turn at the condo (even worse timeshare humor).

• Like 5

Guest Department47

Any chance they may have changed boats over the years? The ride used to be called "Amazon Falls", so maybe when they did the name change, they got different boats...?

'fraid not. From 1988, the year the ride opened:

scoobykingsisland16.jpg

Source

Edit - No idea why the picture is so small, but the full size clearly shows five separate rows.

• Like 4

Hey, Terp - maybe we could make a splash playing Congo drums for the new ride's musical soundtrack?

Wait a minute. I just remembered there's no such thing as a congo drum. Perhaps you mean conga?

I was using the "key words" of the day....Splash & Congo