Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I wonder when they'll officially "spill the beans" on what is being built? It looks like Diamondback was annoucned on 8/6/08. Anyone know when WindSeeker was announced?

I'm guessing they didn't errect any steel for DB until after the annoucement, correct?

I really hope it's an inverted coaster. KI needs one. Really....it's what the place is missing....

• Like 1

jfba.jpg
ihf.JPG
xaby.jpg

Just a few small photos from the weekend. I was planning on being at the park open to close so I did not bring in my good camera. I only had my Iphone and figured I would snap a few photos, although not much to see from them.

• Like 2

more construction photos for your enjoyment.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95776358@N02/sets/72157634292640165/

By looking at these pictures, A) Someone was tresspassing B) Someone is going to lose their job for taking pictures onsite and posting them on a fansite.

Actually, the photos were taken from spaces in the fence in many different locations. I'm not an employee of KI, just so that those at the park don't become too concerned. :ph34r:

kind of surprised this hasn't made it to the "New for 2014" section of RCDB yet.

from rcdb.com

Rumored roller coasters are never listed in the rcdb. New roller coasters are not listed until a park makes its official announcement. An exception to this rule is when track is spotted on site, at which point it is considered publically known.

• Like 1

jfba.jpg
ihf.JPG
xaby.jpg

Just a few small photos from the weekend. I was planning on being at the park open to close so I did not bring in my good camera. I only had my Iphone and figured I would snap a few photos, although not much to see from them.

Has it always been that uneven. The ariel views show a flat dusty square while this is uneven. I'm I just missing something?

kind of surprised this hasn't made it to the "New for 2014" section of RCDB yet.

from rcdb.com

Rumored roller coasters are never listed in the rcdb. New roller coasters are not listed until a park makes its official announcement. An exception to this rule is when track is spotted on site, at which point it is considered publically known.

this wouldn't even go under "unknown" yet?

I wonder when they'll officially "spill the beans" on what is being built? It looks like Diamondback was annoucned on 8/6/08. Anyone know when WindSeeker was announced?

I'm guessing they didn't errect any steel for DB until after the annoucement, correct?

I really hope it's an inverted coaster. KI needs one. Really....it's what the place is missing....

WindSeeker was announced in the beginning of September

I'm 13 and I don't post stuff like that now. (I did in the past though.)

You've also been a member for over a year and have learned how to post correctly.

This is what annoys me about KIC is that as soon as a newbie posts something a little outrageous everyone pounces on them claiming "SOURCE SOURCE SOURCE" when we all know they don't have one. Seriously guys, give them some slack. I guarantee 95% of the posters on here went through a phase where they posted ridiculous things (myself definitely included) but those posters turned out to be some of the most valued people in the community.

Good Point. Ya I agree with you on that one. Sometimes members here can automatically bash someone for saying something outrageous. Like me in the past talking about how this employee said or something like that and I got bashed for it. But then I learned to post correctly and now I think I'm more respected. As I've said in the past, "Give new people time to articulate/break in before bashing them. " That is all, Joshua

The Middletown construction crew should know the layout and experience of the ride since they're working all day pouring the footers in the hot sun.

On what basis do you assert they should know - simply because they are laboring in the hot sun all day? That doesn't mean anything. They're simply doing their jobs, which is to pour concrete footers at specific coordinates on the ground.

Generally speaking, they're going to have a complete set of site and foundation drawings on which to bid the job, I doubt they took on the job as a T and M project. They should know the layout fairly well. They may not know the type of coaster or the elements, but theyll have an idea of the layout and scope. At this point, odds are there is a Forman or two that have sat in a job trailer with the steel erectirs and have seen the steel drawings as well.

We seem to agree on certain points. This is what I originally said about the subject:

No. They don't necessarily need to know the layout. They only need to know the exact ground coordinates where footers are supposed to be poured. They might be able to get a general scope of the project, but it's impossible to say which direction any given piece of track would be oriented on a specific footer, or even what type of coaster it would be.

I said they don't necessarily need to know. I didn't say "they don't know". All they need to know is the exact ground coordinates for where the footers are to be placed. They do NOT need the coaster layout in order to do that. I DID say they might be able to get a general scope of the project from the positioning of the footers, but based on those alone it would be impossible to say which direction any given piece of track would be oriented on any given footer....nor would they be able to tell what kind of coaster it would be (except for maybe a wood coaster.)

Does anyone else remember the random "308" post by Don on twitter. And also the "How high does a pterodactyl have to fly to see the park(or something like that)" Could this still be relevant?

He was ask to pick a number between 300-310 he said 308. Why he picked that number I can't be sure but it was not just a random post saying only "308".

• Like 1

from rcdb.com

this wouldn't even go under "unknown" yet?

RCDB is not Screamscape...its a database that is supposed to only have reliable information that the public would also likely know about...not just enthusiasts. All there is at this point are footers....no track, hardly any teasers, no model known, and we can't be 100% sure that B&M is making this roller coaster. If you really want to push it further, how can we be sure that a roller coaster is also 100% being built? Footers mean absolutely nothing to the public.

• Like 1

jfba.jpg
ihf.JPG
xaby.jpg

Has it always been that uneven. The ariel views show a flat dusty square while this is uneven. I'm I just missing something?

I believe it has. Glad you pointed that out.

ki2013_zps2cce6610.jpg

?

I really believe you're skimping on the size - after all, this is King's Island we're talking about.

Exactly....this is Kings Island, which means they don't always build the biggest coasters each time they build a new one. Sometimes they do, but not always. Diamondback wasn't even the largest hyper when they built it. Other KI coasters weren't record breakers when they opened, either....Flight Deck, Invertigo, BSC, Adventure Express. Let's not get carried away and always presume KI will build a record-breaking coaster. We just have to wait and see. TheGreatTexan posted an interesting possibility. You never know if it's skimping on size or not.

more construction photos for your enjoyment.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95776358@N02/sets/72157634292640165/

By looking at these pictures, A) Someone was tresspassing B) Someone is going to lose their job for taking pictures onsite and posting them on a fansite.

Actually, the photos were taken from spaces in the fence in many different locations. I'm not an employee of KI, just so that those at the park don't become too concerned. :ph34r:

I'm sure they know the construction site can be seen from the Eiffel Tower anyway, and anyone with a high-power zoom on their camera can take photos of it.

^^But doesn't the height seem kinda low...like really low for what we believe will be a big coaster? Also, I don't think I've ever seen a loop with supports like that...

Oh, and there are/will be footers to the left that have completely been left out.

For those waiting for when we'll announce what we're building for the future, you might want to grab yourself a Snickers bar. It's going to be awhile. :)

We still have the majority of the 2013 season in front of us. Enjoy it before it passes you by!

Snicker's. The Official Candy Bar of Six Flags Theme Parks and Official Sponsor of Fright Fest, for 2013 and several past years.

Hmmm.

Just a message? Or a message?

Terp, snickering! (Hi, Don!...what a...diversion)

• Like 5