Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I wonder why KI is taking so long to announce this ride. Before they even broke ground for GK they announced it, and it's been like that for other coasters at Cedar Fair parks and even SF. This ride must be a world record breaker and KI wants to dramatically announce later this year or maybe even next year.

Anyway, we'll find out in time, thanks Don for the update!

*takes a bite of snickers bar*

• Like 1

I feel like someone don't want us on their trail... so they derail us with... snickers bars(NO CAMPING)! Don's said the announcement prob wont happen this summer, the ride has a paranormal theme... who's willing to bet on a Haunt related announcement campaign.

• Like 2

I wonder why KI is taking so long to announce this ride. Before they even broke ground for GK they announced it, and it's been like that for other coasters at Cedar Fair parks and even SF. This ride must be a world record breaker and KI wants to dramatically announce later this year or maybe even next year.

Take a look back a few years. Both Intimidators, Gold Striker, and Leviathan were ground broken and under construction when they were announced.

• Like 1

They are not taking a while to announce it . Diamondback wasn't announced until August 6th 2008 (somewhere around there) and WindSeeker wasn't announced until September. I think it would be early to announce it soon. We will probably have a good idea what it is before they announce it anyway.

• Like 1

I'm definitely going to be a tourist brat when Haunt comes. I'm planning on double wristbands, souvenirs, and sticking my face as close to that fence to see what you all can see.

I appreciate people putting up pics of the construction, so I can join in.

• Like 1

They are not taking a while to announce it . Diamondback wasn't announced until August 6th 2008 (somewhere around there) and WindSeeker wasn't announced until September. I think it would be early to announce it soon. We will probably have a good idea what it is before they announce it anyway.

I'm pretty sure I've said this previously in this thread: WindSeeker was announced on August 24, NOT in September. You are probably thinking of Soak City the following year, which was announced in September.

• Like 2

Just a thought.... If it is indeed a paranormal theme then wouldn't it make sense to announce on September the 13th?! Aka Friday the thirteenth..... 'No camping'?

OMG I THINK I DECODED SOMETHING

That's still part of calendar summer....

True but for Kings Island it is the only Friday that they are closed for the operating season. It doesn't even show as a private event so to go off what Don said 'May not be a day in the summer'.... Kinda makes me wonder.

My pieces to the puzzle:

Evil Phenomenon+Bone chilling screams+ Banshee trademark+ "May not be an announcement this summer"= An announcement coming some time possibly in October on one of the Saturdays before Halloween Haunt begins that night.

It just intrigues me that there are no supports, no track yet, and not many clues at the sight.

Here's a novel idea: How about we not worry about it, and let the park announce it when they decide to announce it? m0112.gif

We're getting so caught up in silly stuff right now. It's not even the end of June, there is no steel onsite, the footers aren't even finished being poured, they're still moving dirt around...we don't even know the name for sure (and some of us *coughmecough* are going to really be disappointed if it's "Banshee")...

...and everyone is acting like a little kid who can't wait until Christmas morning. christmas-gift.gif

Be patient. Wishing they would go ahead and announce it isn't going to make them do it.

• Like 6

Here's a novel idea: How about we not worry about it, and let the park announce it when they decide to announce it? m0112.gif

We're getting so caught up in silly stuff right now. It's not even the end of June, there is no steel onsite, the footers aren't even finished being poured, they're still moving dirt around...we don't even know the name for sure (and some of us *coughmecough* are going to really be disappointed if it's "Banshee")...

...and everyone is acting like a little kid who can't wait until Christmas morning. christmas-gift.gif

Be patient. Wishing they would go ahead and announce it isn't going to make them do it.

This is in fact the 'Starting to Decode 2014' forum isn't it?! Decoding clues like 'no camping' or probable announcement dates doesn't seem silly to me. I'm pretty sure you've been a kid trying to tear off the wrapping as well or you wouldn't be in this forum.
  • Like 4

This is in fact the 'Starting to Decode 2014' forum isn't it?! Decoding clues like 'no camping' or probable announcement dates doesn't seem silly to me. I'm pretty sure you've been a kid trying to tear off the wrapping as well or you wouldn't be in this forum.

Trying to decode the TYPE of coaster isn't the same as you guys bellyaching and whining about WHEN it's going to be announced!!

• Like 2

How long after this future ride is announced and constructed and the first rides are given before a new thread is created asking, "when are we getting a new ride?" How soon will a decoding thread like this is created asking about new construction that is being observed? Didn't we ask the same thing before Diamondback was constructed? I am waiting for whatever ride is announced to be so different from what is being discussed and speculated here.

• Like 7