Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

That's what Fast Lane is for....

And that's how they get ya! I've been probably 10 times so far this year, 9 fast passes and 1 really rainy day.

Yeah, at Carowinds (my home park) they introduced a Fast Lane "Plus", which costs like $10 more, but gets you on the two most popular rides at the park.

• Like 1

And the new attraction WILL do that.

And how.

I hope so, but it's a weird situation. On one hand I want them to build the best ride I've ever ridden, but on the other hand, I don't want to have to wait 6 hours everytime I want to ride it. First world problems.

Go during the week.

• Like 3

Not sure if this means anything.. But I was watching TV Today, and a Dinosuars Alive! Commercial commercial came on. I'm not sure of all the rides featured but it had Inverdgo, Diamondback, Vortrex, Dellirum....Which of course are ALL Kings Island Rides then there was Patriot the Inverted rollercoaster ! Could this be a hint in any way?

• Like 1

Yeah, at Carowinds (my home park) they introduced a Fast Lane "Plus", which costs like $10 more, but gets you on the two most popular rides at the park.

Kings Island also introduced Fast Lane Plus in 2013, it includes all of the regular Fast Lane rides along with The Beast and Firehawk as extras.

• Like 2

This ride no matter what it is going to be a huge letdown. All the suspense keeps on building it up and when we find out what it is we will be like, its just that?

Mr. negativity strikes again.

Sorry for being honest! You have to admit that if this is not a record breaker you will be disappointed.

I think what Young Stud is trying to say is that there are some people who won't be happy if it turns out this coaster isn't a record breaker. I happen to agree with him this time. A lot of people want a giga coaster. If it's not a giga, they'll be disappointed. Other people want an invert. It's it's not a record-breaking invert, they'll be disappointed. Some people want a ride like Verbolten. If we don't get that, they'll be upset. It's true. But Young Stud is not saying it must be a record breaker in order for him to be happy. Whether you think the guy's a troll or not, at least be honest and don't twist his words.

When I was a little kid, my family used to drive from Cincinnati to east of Cleveland where my grandparents lived. Back then, it took a good 5-6 hours to make the drive. Somewhere between Columbus and Mansfield I would always inevitably ask "When are we going to get there?" Know what my parents would tell me? "It will still be a few hours. Lie down and go to sleep. When you wake up, we'll be there." Know why they would never tell me? Because they knew it would make me restless, grumpy, and whine a lot if I knew

how much longer it would be...and they didn't want to hear it. I don't blame them.

I feel like SNL based their Debby Downer skit off of you. Im not trying to be rude but your not making much sense. If you don't like this thread, then you can just not click on it. Im sure everybody wants you to enjoy this site, but if you don't like this thread then don't click on it!

You've obviously misunderstood my point. I'm not trying to rain on everyone's "Let's guess the coaster" party. I myself have played the guessing game in this thread. My comments were directed toward those who don't understand why KI can't announce the ride now. Don has already said it will be a while before an announcement is made, and it reminded me of a time in my childhood when I would always want to know things "now now now". I tried posting that little bit from my past as a way of helping people understand that if you simply stop focusing on it, and take your mind off of it, then it won't be long before the moment arrives.

Terp liked what I said...which means he understood the point I was making. That's good enough for me. You, on the other hand, are free to put me on your "Ignore" list if my posts bother you. ;)

I sure hope it is not a junk invert like that drawing, that would draw no one to the park, inverts were meant for the 90's, Raptor sucks, all coasters from here on out need to be either launched/300+/90+mph with no inversions or they will just be another coaster, Intamin blows away B&M and it is not even close, nothing will top MF until Intamin builds a 350+, 100+mph coaster.

Inverts were meant for the 90s...? Is that why they've built incredible inverts like OzIris, Black Mamba, and Patriot since 2006? If we use your logic to determine what a park should build, then technically we never should have gotten Diamondback...because, after all, hypers were so 90s. In fact, the first one was built in 1989. It took KI 20 years to get a steel hyper.

• Like 8

Quit saying it took 20 years for a B&M hyper. Their first hyper was in 1999, making it ten years.

Unless he edited it he didn't say B&M. He is referencing Magnum XL..
Even then, the hyper craze hadn't really caught on just yet. Not many parks built hypers until the 2000's. Kings Island was not as late to the party as secondson makes it out to be.

So again, ten years.

• Like 1

This ride no matter what it is going to be a huge letdown. All the suspense keeps on building it up and when we find out what it is we will be like, its just that?

Mr. negativity strikes again.

Sorry for being honest! You have to admit that if this is not a record breaker you will be disappointed.

I think what Young Stud is trying to say is that there are some people who won't be happy if it turns out this coaster isn't a record breaker. I happen to agree with him this time. A lot of people want a giga coaster. If it's not a giga, they'll be disappointed. Other people want an invert. It's it's not a record-breaking invert, they'll be disappointed. Some people want a ride like Verbolten. If we don't get that, they'll be upset. It's true. But Young Stud is not saying it must be a record breaker in order for him to be happy. Whether you think the guy's a troll or not, at least be honest and don't twist his words.

When I was a little kid, my family used to drive from Cincinnati to east of Cleveland where my grandparents lived. Back then, it took a good 5-6 hours to make the drive. Somewhere between Columbus and Mansfield I would always inevitably ask "When are we going to get there?" Know what my parents would tell me? "It will still be a few hours. Lie down and go to sleep. When you wake up, we'll be there." Know why they would never tell me? Because they knew it would make me restless, grumpy, and whine a lot if I knew

how much longer it would be...and they didn't want to hear it. I don't blame them.

I feel like SNL based their Debby Downer skit off of you. Im not trying to be rude but your not making much sense. If you don't like this thread, then you can just not click on it. Im sure everybody wants you to enjoy this site, but if you don't like this thread then don't click on it!

You've obviously misunderstood my point. I'm not trying to rain on everyone's "Let's guess the coaster" party. I myself have played the guessing game in this thread. My comments were directed toward those who don't understand why KI can't announce the ride now. Don has already said it will be a while before an announcement is made, and it reminded me of a time in my childhood when I would always want to know things "now now now". I tried posting that little bit from my past as a way of helping people understand that if you simply stop focusing on it, and take your mind off of it, then it won't be long before the moment arrives.

Terp liked what I said...which means he understood the point I was making. That's good enough for me. You, on the other hand, are free to put me on your "Ignore" list if my posts bother you. ;)

I sure hope it is not a junk invert like that drawing, that would draw no one to the park, inverts were meant for the 90's, Raptor sucks, all coasters from here on out need to be either launched/300+/90+mph with no inversions or they will just be another coaster, Intamin blows away B&M and it is not even close, nothing will top MF until Intamin builds a 350+, 100+mph coaster.

Inverts were meant for the 90s...? Is that why they've built incredible inverts like OzIris, Black Mamba, and Patriot since 2006? If we use your logic to determine what a park should build, then technically we never should have gotten Diamondback...because, after all, hypers were so 90s. In fact, the first one was built in 1989. It took KI 20 years to get a steel hyper.

If you have been on one invert u have been on them all, since Kings Island didn't have a hyper it made sense, the perfect park would be full of hypers, gigas, maverick clones, a TTD like coaster, and anything else that is fast and tall, the only good thing about gimmick type coasters is that it draws the idiots away from the good coasters

• Like 1

Kings Island also introduced Fast Lane Plus in 2013, it includes all of the regular Fast Lane rides along with The Beast and Firehawk as extras.

At Carowinds its the Intimidator and the Nighthawk.
  • Like 4

Not sure if this means anything.. But I was watching TV Today, and a Dinosuars Alive! Commercial commercial came on. I'm not sure of all the rides featured but it had Inverdgo, Diamondback, Vortrex, Dellirum....Which of course are ALL Kings Island Rides then there was Patriot the Inverted rollercoaster ! Could this be a hint in any way?

A wise man in this very thread once said, "not everything is a hint."

• Like 5

Quit saying it took 20 years for a B&M hyper. Their first hyper was in 1999, making it ten years.

Even then, the hyper craze hadn't really caught on just yet. Not many parks built hypers until the 2000's. Kings Island was not as late to the party as secondson makes it out to be.

So again, ten years.

Oh my gosh, I am so fed up with people NOT reading my posts correctly. I'm not saying anything about KI being late to the party. Sheesh! And I said nothing...zero, zilch, nada...NOTHING at all about a Bolliger and Mabillard hyper, DID I ?? Show me where I said B&M!! My gosh, I wish people would STOP thinking I'm saying something that I'm clearly NOT saying! I said STEEL HYPER. Magnum was the first one in 1989 - and all I meant was if we used Hoosierjtf's logic about building certain types of coasters when they are the "in" thing to build, then KI never would have gotten Diamondback. Using his logic, we should have gotten an invert instead. He thinks that because a coaster is somehow "dated", then we shouldn't get one. All I was TRYING to point out was that it took KI 20 years to get a steel hyper. We're now at roughly 17 years since the first invert, and we still don't have a full circuit version of one. If he wants us to get a coaster that is the "in" thing right now in 2013, then it should be a wing coaster, or 4D coaster. But I'm pretty sure it's safe to say THAT'S not happening. MAYBE it's a dive coaster, but even THOSE are getting dated.

I was just trying to make a point. In MY mind, it made sense. But if my posts are that hard to understand, then the next time you don't understand something I'm saying, just ASK me what I mean. It's really that simple. The one thing that ticks me off a lot is when people twist my words.

EDITED to tone down my frustration a bit. My apologies.

Filet-O-Fish shaped tubs, traveling in a trough, Snicker Bar-like handle bars, HUGE lift hill, only this time the cars are lifted from above - - - yes, inverted!

And of course, there's a splash-down. All of this enclosed in what looks like a giant McDonald's (hence, the "Don" in McDonald's). Riders are sprayed with "special sauce" and Red Gold ketchup which resembles blood, and everyone screams - hence the Banshee part. Them off to the bathroom to have a bm.

There - fish, water ride, Snickers, Don, inverted, tall lift hill, splash down, Red Gold, enclosed, Banshee, b&m.

Certainly a first in the industry - a prototype - - - -OH - I forgot - wood products used in the fabrication of this attraction from the Belgain Congo.

• Like 7

So again, ten years.

Oh my gosh, I am so fed up with people NOT reading my posts correctly. I'm not saying anything about KI being late to the party. Sheesh! And I said nothing...zero, zilch, nada...NOTHING at all about a Bolliger and Mabillard hyper, DID I ?? Show me where I said B&M!! My gosh, I wish people would STOP thinking I'm saying something that I'm clearly NOT saying! I said STEEL HYPER. Magnum was the first one in 1989 - and all I meant was if we used Hoosierjtf's logic about building certain types of coasters when they are the "in" thing to build, then KI never would have gotten Diamondback. Using his logic, we should have gotten an invert instead. He thinks that because a coaster is somehow "dated", then we shouldn't get one. All I was TRYING to point out was that it took KI 20 years to get a steel hyper.

Do I flippin' speak an unknown language?? Seriously, are my posts that hard to understand? Next time you don't understand something I'm saying, just ASK me what I mean. It's really that simple. The one thing that pee's me off the most is when people twist my words.

Most people on here are quick to argue and point out problems with someone's post, unfortunately.

• Like 8

Someone could see Don at Mickey D's, and he could ask for a Filet-O'-Fish while carrying in a Snicker's bar, and someone here would claim it was a harbinger of 2014.

Knowing some people, if they saw Don walking into a Mickey D's restroom, they would think it was a hint about what we're getting. And then they would probably debate whether it meant the coaster would be a stand-up with a splashdown, or if it simply meant KI was going to get new restrooms with gold arches above them.

EDIT: I wonder how many times Don has been reading these comments and actually sprayed soda out of his nose from laughing so hard. :lol:

• Like 8

If you are referencing Son of Beast as Kings Island's first hyper coaster I must point out that hypers don't have loops. If you don't believe me, Terp should have my back on this one.

But does that mean Kings Island got it's first hyper coaster in 2007 rather than 2009 or 1999?

2007 being when SoB reopened without the loop.

• Like 1