Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Just saying; it's obvious that Kings Island is grandest of the Cedar Fair parks that does not have a giga coaster. I am not at all suggesting this is a "necessity", but if I was forced to bet on one option and one option only, this is currently it.

..And thats brings back the whole Conversation as to whether Kings Island can actually Have a Coaster very much taller than 300' due to the proximity to The Airport.
Except for the fact that the Eiffel Tower and Drop Tower are both 315ft tall.
  • Like 2

Just saying; it's obvious that Kings Island is grandest of the Cedar Fair parks that does not have a giga coaster. I am not at all suggesting this is a "necessity", but if I was forced to bet on one option and one option only, this is currently it.

..And thats brings back the whole Conversation as to whether Kings Island can actually Have a Coaster very much taller than 300' due to the proximity to The Airport.

They have Drop Tower, WindSeeker, and the Eiffel Tower, which are all taller than 300 ft. So why can't they have a coaster 300 ft?

I'm pretty sure you guys are putting way too much thought into this. Let's look at the clues:

1.) Cedar Fair trademarks the name Banshee. Think back to the teaser on the fence. Mysterious, bone-chilling screams? Unless the park is really trying to throw a curveball here, I don't see what other name could be used. Before anyone brings up Mustang, was the name Mustang trademarked?

2.) It would be almost unheard of for a seasonal park to start construction this early for a small attraction. AKA: The odds of us getting a wild mouse are pretty small in my book.

3.) We have footers on the ground! They look like coaster footers, they smell like coaster footers, they taste like coaster footers, they sound like coaster footers... you finish the puzzle.

4.) Does Cedar Fair have a history of building ziplines? I mean, not to be rude, but really? Do you honestly think that is what this is for?

5.) This is almost certainly B&M. But why Diamondhawk, why are you taking all our toys? Cedar Fair doesn't seem to exactly love Intamin right now. In fact, Intamin hasn't been used at Cedar Fair since 2010 for I305. I remember Don saying that Kings Island wanted to focus on reliable, high capacity rides after disasters such as Son of Beast, The Cyrpt, Backlot Stunt Coaster, etc. Also, if that's not enough proof, CEO Matt Ouimet said while at the B&M plant looking at Gatekeeper, that Kings Island was on his radar.

6.) Don is trying to throw you off with that tweet. And it clearly worked. Hats off to you Mr. Helbig. Don't look too much into this. I know the anticipation is great for the new ride, but not every word out of Don's mouth will have to do with this new attraction. ;)

You have tasted coaster footers before??? :blink::huh: I don't know if I'm more worried that no one said anything, or that I'm the only one who is saying anything.

I was going to say something but needed to be caught up first.

• Like 2

We have that. It's called Vortex.

Now I have to wonder, IF what we got were to end up being a nice loopy B&M Invert, would that spell the inevitable doom for my beloved Vortex, or would it still have "its place" in the coaster lineup?

There seems to be a major difference between the coasters at CP and KI. KI has coasters CP doesn't (LIM launched, Invertigo, FLying), and CP has coasters KI doesn't (Intamin Impulse, Wingrider, Giga, Stanup, B&M Inverted, Strata, and Maverick). My point is, Kings Islamd may get one of those types of coasters. In fact, you can narrow it down. B&M stand ups aren't as popular now, so that's eliminated, CP just got a wingrider, so that's a no, KI really does not need an Impulse, nor really a strata. The only coaster types left are Giga, B&M inverted, and Intamin terrain like Maverick.

Are we avoiding the B&M dive machines like the plague? Yes they have a small footprint, but why can't Kings Island build one that has a large footprint that can fit in a spot like where SoB stood? I don't think there are laws that said it can't happen.

And yes Vortex can be up there with beast and Diamondback as "elite" coasters at Kings Island. But something newer. Something with multiple inversions. I love The Vortex myself, but if they could build something like Dominator at KD I'd be happy. But a Patriot/ Talon invert wouldn't be bad either

• Like 1

I think inverts are something of the past. The gimmic is old and the general public would just go "meh okay". You have to put yourself in a business prospective. You will find better answers.

Yes, and the reviews are those who are coaster enthusiasts. How many B&M inverts are there again? 30+? What would KI do with another generic "loopty loop" coaster, advertisement wise?

Look, I'm not saying I don't want one. I'm just saying you can't just go, "This is the ride being put in because I like this type of coaster".

They're probably building something that is high capacity, efficient and mechanically reliable. That's what they need more than anything.

Just gonna leave this here.

Because this is a great point.

• Like 2

I really don't think Cedar Fair wants a dive machine. Don't you think they would have already built one

From what some people have posted Busch Gardens and B&M made an agreement not to build any dive machines in the U.S for certain amount of years after SheiKra and Griffon were built. Maybe that's why none gave been added to any other park. I don't know if this is true it not.

• Like 1

Look, I'm not saying I don't want one. I'm just saying you can't just go, "This is the ride being put in because I like this type of coaster".

What? But that's the point of this thread isn't it. Say what you want KI to get, and everything to the contrary is diversion or ridiculous.

What? But that's the point of this thread isn't it. Say what you want KI to get, and everything to the contrary is diversion or ridiculous.

I believe this thread is about "Decoding" the possible 2014 ride. I assume that means predicting the new ride based on past evidence and solid facts(that we have so far).

Not to be confused with 'LOLOLZ I WANT A DIVE MACHINE SI THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE GETTING LOLOLz'. And simply ending it there, with no solid reasoning other that its an 'incredible experience that KI deserves'.

So lets think while we predict. That's been my point all along.

• Like 8