Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I would like to make a request for people taking pictures. If you can from the ground, try to line up a shot straight on with the footers for the alleged station and brakes to see what lies in a straight line from said footers. I'd like to see how close rides like Adventure Express, Flight of Fear, and Firehawk come if there is a lift straight out from that point.

• Like 4

Does anyone think that Cedar Point could be moving Mantis down 71 to Kings Island so they can add another B&M such as a Floorless?

Yeah, they would definitely do that so that they could build "The worlds tallest, fastest, longest floorless coaster". It seems like they do that with all of their rides. THEY get the record-breakers, and all the other parks get mediocre coasters that are 20 years old! It's a conspiracy!

• Like 1

Earlier Hint:

NAPOLEON DYNAMITE

14 + 1 + 16 + 15 + 12 + 5 + 15 + 14 + 4 + 25 + 14 + 1 + 13 + 9 + 20 + 5 =179 feet.

N A P O L E O N D Y N A M I T E

179 is not 500, nor 400, nor even 300.

Sorry, but evidence is evidence.

• Like 13

I really am hoping for something like TTD, I know this isn't what everyone wants...just my personal opinion. (:

I want one too. There's a better space for one at Carowinds, though.

I've never been there but am hoping to make a trip before the end of summer (: I think something like maverick would be a nice fit also

Earlier Hint:

NAPOLEON DYNAMITE

14 + 1 + 16 + 15 + 12 + 5 + 15 + 14 + 4 + 25 + 14 + 1 + 13 + 9 + 20 + 5 =179 feet.

Alpengeist is 195 feet. Why would KI go with a 179 foot invert then....it just doesn't seem right.

Now that's for an invert. If this decoding is right, we could be looking at a record breaking Flying Coaster from B&M (Tatsu is 170 ft).

Now I'm starting to think this will be a flyer rather than an invert.....

I really am hoping for something like TTD, I know this isn't what everyone wants...just my personal opinion. (:

I've never been there but am hoping to make a trip before the end of summer (: I think something like maverick would be a nice fit also
I have a season pass. :)

I have a season pass. :)

me too! well I have a platinum pass so I guess that counts! haha (:

Why the hell are you guys so hell bent on a record breaker? Have you not been on Prowler, Patriot, Bizarro, American Thunder, Raptor, Legend, Raven, Storm Runner, Fahrenheit, etc.......

None of these are record breakers but they all get really good reviews and in my opinion they are all fun and I could marathon any one of them all day long.

• Like 13

Why the hell are you guys so hell bent on a record breaker? Have you not been on Prowler, Patriot, Bizarro, American Thunder, Raptor, Legend, Raven, Storm Runner, Fahrenheit, etc.......

None of these are record breakers but they all get really good reviews and in my opinion they are all fun and I could marathon any one of them all day long.

Agreed. Not a Legend fan and did not care for Fahrenheit. Bizarro, El Toro, Intimidator 305 and Leviathan are my top 4 coasters.

• Like 3

Earlier Hint:

NAPOLEON DYNAMITE

Where was the Napoleon Dynamite hint?

179 could be drop height - Alpengeist's drop is only 170 feet tall.

Earlier Hint:

NAPOLEON DYNAMITE

Where was the Napoleon Dynamite hint?

179 could be drop height - Alpengeist's drop is only 170 feet tall.

Don posted it on Twitter saying "What would be Napoleon Dynamite's favorite roller coaster at #KingsIsland?"

^Yes but they took out SOB and have a giant "field of dreams". Why not build a record breaker?

Record breakers usually mean the first of its kind. First of its kind usually means prototype. Prototypes have issues.

So a tried and true fun ride is not a bad thing. Put in a ride that puts butts in the park. People in the park = increase in people buying food and goods. Food and goods = more income. More income = more park improvements.

SOB sat SBNO for 5 years as a "record breaker" but how many more people did that coaster bring in?

• Like 1