Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I'm sure if Kings Island really wanted another wooden coaster, that they'd be smart enough to market it in a way that doesn't remind people of Son of Beast. This is the same park with one of the greatest wooden coasters in the world after all, and the same park which used a certain pair of wooden coasters to kick-start the 2nd golden age of coaster building. Just sayin'.

• Like 3

I don't know what will be put in there just simply there isn't enough evidence for me to say. For all we know it could be a dueling roller-coaster GIGa inverted steel/wood winged flying chimp. We really don't know. Dont get me wrong I have no problem with people throwing ideas out to this investigation but really we are at like level: 1 but we will progress. The park hasn't even got into full swing yet of the season witch is soon and we will hopefully get more frequent updates on the construction. like someone said earlier this will be a long lasted post and a long investigation.

Here is some roller coaster that we do not have. ( listing what we don't have or atleast don't seem to have.) Wether or not Cedar Fair is will to invest into a new type of roller coaster or not is up in the air. A roller-coaster is an investment they will want a good one. I'm pretty sure they have been looking at this for a long time way before the son of The Beast was even green lighted to be taken out. There is a lot of land for this coaster or coasters.

Stand up coaster,Giga, floorless, Dive coaster,dueling steel and or wood( I haven't forgotten The Racer it's a classic rollercoaster) watercoaster and a wing coaster.

( I'm forgetting a lot more coaster) I'll add them to the list or just reply back. -_-

Just saying; it's obvious that Kings Island is grandest of the Cedar Fair parks that does not have a giga coaster. I am not at all suggesting this is a "necessity", but if I was forced to bet on one option and one option only, this is currently it.

..And thats brings back the whole Conversation as to whether Kings Island can actually Have a Coaster very much taller than 300' due to the proximity to The Airport.
Except for the fact that the Eiffel Tower and Drop Tower are both 315ft tall.

Also, is it fair to say that the elevation change from International Street to the valley behind Action Zone is greater than 90 feet?

If so, it would be possible to build a strata-coaster. Like Top Thrill Dragster and Kingda Ka. Or maybe the first B&M launched-strata.

This is more than likely a dumb dream because I feel like it is uneconomical and also too many G's on the body, but could you imagine a B&M Strata-coaster? Not a launching strata, but an out-and-back type ride, like Diamondback. That would be incredible.

• Like 1

Just saying; it's obvious that Kings Island is grandest of the Cedar Fair parks that does not have a giga coaster. I am not at all suggesting this is a "necessity", but if I was forced to bet on one option and one option only, this is currently it.

..And thats brings back the whole Conversation as to whether Kings Island can actually Have a Coaster very much taller than 300' due to the proximity to The Airport.

What airport?

Hm, haven't posted in a while, figured this would be a good topic to hop back into. I think it's going to be a steel coaster, B&M, or Intamin. Not even going to hop into names just yet. I for one would love to see something with various inversions, a little like Vortex, but with boomerang like inversions, and maybe a few other inversions that most coasters don't have. I think it'll be something unique, and something a little bit of a theme like SoB, but not SoB. Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts.

I for one miss your hair being green! Is it friday yet? Im ready to look at the progress,this thread is taking a turn towards boring!

• Like 3

What airport?

I don't know if you guys have been on scream scape or not but they seemed to have more pictures of the building site up.

Here are the three interesting photos.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/ki-2014_2.htm

http://www.screamscape.com/html/ki-2014_4.htm

http://www.screamscape.com/html/ki-2014_9.htm

I first thought that drill dozer was for drilling fence post but now I think it's for footers and also It's been in a lot of different locations. Or atleast in the few photos it was first by the Sling Shot and it one of the pictures above it is in the far back. I'm sure people should try to get a location on this dozer if it's purpose is to drill footer holes so we can start mapping this bad boy out.

There's always so many experts here as soon as there's ground broken. Truth is none of us know (at least those talking) what is being built whether it be wood, steel, or plastic at this point. I've said more than once I feel it'll be a B&M invert but that's just a feeling. I also posted a link on the last page showing the footing work for Outlaw Run circa March 2012. I posted that mostly to douse a little fuel on the for since the timing is similar and some of the footings are similar. I wish it would be a RMC but I do doubt it happening. Yes a small fragment of the general population might confuse a new wooden coaster in a similar spot with SOB but given that coaster hadn't been in operation since 2009 and completely missing all of 2013 that number is small. If SOB was running at the end of 2012 and a new wooden opened there in 2013 or 2014 I don't doubt there would be a lot of confusion but that simply isn't the case. I'll reserve further comment on this matter til there's at least a few more pics from the coming weekend. Oh the joys of enthusiast speculation, have fun you all I'll be back to this topic soon enough.

^^^To clarify, I was talking in accordance to "if" there is a clearance issue for airplanes, the elevation of a strata-coaster wouldn't be any taller than Eiffel Tower or Drop Tower. Which are, obviously, legal.

I don't see why they couldn't put air plane warning lights onto the roller coaster to show that there is an tall object there at night. I mean they do it with radio towers and powers plants JK. LOL

Who know's but I do feel like that Action Zone does go down hill a bit more then some other parts of the park.

^^ and why would an air craft, besides maybe a helicopter, be flying so low over an amusement park any way? I say it would be perfectly safe to put a coaster in that's 400+ feet.

Gosh, a 400+ drop like diamond backs first drop. Forget that LOL. Jk That's one of the best parts of a roller-coaster. The fear and being anxious.

What airport?

http://warrencountyairport.com/

• Like 1

I think it makes logical sense, if there are structures over 300 feet on site, there is a process of filing, approval, etc. the park would need to go through to get it cleared. Obviously, over 300 feet is OK, it just needs to get clearance and approval with the FAA.

Cedar Point went through the same process with TTD and MF.

• Like 1

Warren County airport is several miles north of Kings Island. A departure analysis using a runway 19 departure does show an obstacle but it much closer than Kings Island. Several radio towers south of the airport are taller than anything Kings Island has built or even considered.

Long story short the FAA really wouldn't complain about anything Kings Island is building as long as it lit appropriately at night.

My money is on a B&M Inverter, btw.

• Like 2

Again, that is NOT the way FAA height restrictions work.

http://www.kaplankirsch.com/files/Protecting%20Airports%20from%20height%20obstructions_PJK.pdf

Posting of the above link does not imply endorsement of the provider of information contained therein, but rather is intended for the general elucidation of the readers of this forum. Nor is it intended that the contained information apply specifically to a particular site in Warren County, Ohio. The reader is advised to seek specific help as to his or her site as circumstances may require. No diversion from the usual professional sources for such assistance is suggested, intended or advised.

• Like 3