Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Only thing I'll give intamin over b&m...better camelback hills and airtime hills. Maverick is just a beautiful airtime machine. I'd love to see that out of a b&m, but probably won't. both companies have completely different ideals. B&m wants smooth non vibration, rides like a Cadillac, and intamin goes for the new, outrageous, why not, throw em around kinda stuff. However I'll take either or, they both have their benefits

• Like 4

As an enthusiast I would LOVE it if an Intamin Giga were to be installed. But I do feel they are a little extreme with their forces for families.

So given that B&M have higher capacity, higher reliability, and are more rider friendly if it was your money and your park who would you invest with?

• Like 1

You're so set on this Intamin giga coaster, aren't you? What makes you think it won't be a B&M coaster? Please enlighten us.

It's not like your just shooting down other people's ideas or anything. I mean, everyone is entitled their own opinion, right? You seem very confident that its gonna be a b and m invert, which I have nothing against that idea, as I love their coasters and someday hope to work for them, but unless you have proof that its an invert, I think there's still a good chance it could be a giga, which would be awesome.

Mer, just pointin' out.

I never said Kings Island's new ride was a B&M inverted coaster. Show me where I said that.

This is why I don't think it's an Intamin coaster: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27275-starting-to-decode-2014/?p=524912

Here's Intimidator 305's track support footings, notice how square the holes are compared to the track support footings of a B&M's and Kings Island's attraction?

101209009.jpg

Goliath (B&M hyper) footings:

lij8aq6o3ddc6dl000evhg.jpg

Intamin changes designs like I used to change gf's.

Our footings are more like Goliath's than I-305's.

Don Helbig has said that the announcement will not be made until after summer, so expect it sometime during the fall probably around Halloween Haunt.

He said no such thing. He said there may not be a day this summer when the announcement is made.

Oops! My bad. I must've misread what he said. (feels like an idiot now :ph34r:) Thanks for the correction, Terp.

If I was mr. Ouimett, I would give intamin a 30million check and have at it in the allocated space to work with. I guarantee it will be more than lift, drop, hammerhead, hill, hammerhead, camelback, brakes.

If you were Mr. Ouimet maybe you would.....But your not.

• Like 4

You're so set on this Intamin giga coaster, aren't you? What makes you think it won't be a B&M coaster? Please enlighten us.

It's not like your just shooting down other people's ideas or anything. I mean, everyone is entitled their own opinion, right? You seem very confident that its gonna be a b and m invert, which I have nothing against that idea, as I love their coasters and someday hope to work for them, but unless you have proof that its an invert, I think there's still a good chance it could be a giga, which would be awesome.

Mer, just pointin' out.

I never said Kings Island's new ride was a B&M inverted coaster. Show me where I said that.

This is why I don't think it's an Intamin coaster: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27275-starting-to-decode-2014/?p=524912

Here's Intimidator 305's track support footings, notice how square the holes are compared to the track support footings of a B&M's and Kings Island's attraction?

101209009.jpg

Intamin changes designs like I used to change gf's.

Yeah they change their designs after the ride opens (Maverick & I-305). Also I moved your quote out of my quote box and into yours for you. :D

Ok as for capacity and whatnot leviathan will win. Leviathan gets up the hill from rollbacks to lift crest and b block entry in 48 seconds. Millie does get up the hill in 28 seconds. Here's a big difference though. Yes both do not have mcbrs which is true and indeed a problem however Millie cannot dispatch until the train passes the station and the plc allows dispatch to be enabled. Leviathan dispatches earlier in course so people are moving on the track more than trains sitting.

Also might I add this, leviathan was the first b&m giga, this was their prototype to test and see, much to intamins giga and strata. It's a great ride and good ideas, but yet it can be tweaked and polished. Give b&m time

lastly the brake run is that long for a reason, it allows for a redundant braking system, allows the block to clear without an mcbr and also has the transfer table right after it. If you took Diamondbacks brake run and straightened it out it's somewhat similar in length, or even Gatekeeper.

• Like 2

Plus mf has 36 passenger trains.

Oops, nevermind about the 4-across train thing.

I don't think I've ever noticed how long the MF train is. Now that I think about it, the ride is really more like Catwoman's Whip than to Bizarro at SFNE. Just a really fast version of it.

• Like 1

Mer, just pointin' out.

101209009.jpg

Footers don't prove anything. This could be some new kind of coaster, with different footers than the other ints.

Gigas need room to sprawl out. If it was indeed a giga, we would see more footers sprawled out with a better guide to its layout that we would decode. The area behind Delerium and Slingshot is to compact to provide the room that the gigas need. Plus there are way too many footers in that area.

I could see a Giga being built more along the parking lot where the ampitheater is but thats another topic that we wont get on! So if not right now than soon enough. How long did it take Intamin to build another Giga after Millenium Force? 10 YEARS!! And to have one in the same state would be absurd...

Sorry YOUNGstud.....its not an Intamin Giga.

^De Nile? :D One final post for me, in this topic only, until ride is announced. Diamondback construction below, look at circular footings in picture.

IMG_2302.jpg

I wouldn't put as much into the shape of the footing as I would the bolt pattern. That bolt pattern is close to the same as the ones in the new construction in what looks like the base of the lift.

• Like 1

One final post for me, in this topic only, until ride is announced. That's what I'm trying to tell people on here. It's more of the hole in the middle of the bolts of the footings (circled in picture below) that I'm focusing on. Not the entire shape of the footings.

IMG_2302.jpg

• Like 1

101209009.jpg

I agree, the other day when I was at Kings Island, there were oval shaped holes in some of the footers like the ones shown in the picture of Goliath.

• Like 2

Only thing I'll give intamin over b&m...better camelback hills and airtime hills. Maverick is just a beautiful airtime machine. I'd love to see that out of a b&m, but probably won't. both companies have completely different ideals. B&m wants smooth non vibration, rides like a Cadillac, and intamin goes for the new, outrageous, why not, throw em around kinda stuff. However I'll take either or, they both have their benefits

It may have better hills but which trains take advantage of them more? You may get ejector air on an Intamin but their restraint systems are painful! Tell me one Intamin that has decent restraints that don't staple you?

• Like 2

How many more one final posts? :)

Ok, I lied. lol! Forget the "my final post" remarks, it's just too tempting to not add a reply. :D

IMG_2302.jpg

032_zps2edd8aac.jpg

I'm referring to the oval shaped holes. I don't care if they are part of the lift hill or any other element. I'm trying to tell some of you guys that this is more than likely a B&M than an Intamin. What type of B&M? I don't know.

IMG_2183.jpg