Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I don't have any quams with any of the intamin lap bar restraints. I have a hard time with the otsr's on my shoulders cause I am so jacked however.

Quam? I don't know what that is....

Ok I looked it up and honestly I've never heard of someone say that....hah...

• Like 1

You're so set on this Intamin giga coaster, aren't you? What makes you think it won't be a B&M coaster? Please enlighten us.

It's not like your just shooting down other people's ideas or anything. I mean, everyone is entitled their own opinion, right? You seem very confident that its gonna be a b and m invert, which I have nothing against that idea, as I love their coasters and someday hope to work for them, but unless you have proof that its an invert, I think there's still a good chance it could be a giga, which would be awesome.

Mer, just pointin' out.

I never said Kings Island's new ride was a B&M inverted coaster. Show me where I said that.

This is why I don't think it's an Intamin coaster: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27275-starting-to-decode-2014/?p=524912

Here's Intimidator 305's track support footings, notice how square the holes are compared to the track support footings of a B&M's and Kings Island's attraction?

101209009.jpg

Goliath (B&M hyper) footings:

lij8aq6o3ddc6dl000evhg.jpg

Our footings are more like Goliath's than I-305's.

Well, if you look at it, that's when i305 goes around a turn at high speed, so of course it's going to be different.

Well, if you look at it, that's when i305 goes around a turn at high speed, so of course it's going to be different.

But practically all of I305's footers are the same rectangular shape. http://binged.it/1cW8USW Most of the ones we're seeing on KI2014 are individual round or square footers.

Only thing I'll give intamin over b&m...better camelback hills and airtime hills. Maverick is just a beautiful airtime machine. I'd love to see that out of a b&m, but probably won't. both companies have completely different ideals. B&m wants smooth non vibration, rides like a Cadillac, and intamin goes for the new, outrageous, why not, throw em around kinda stuff. However I'll take either or, they both have their benefits

It may have better hills but which trains take advantage of them more? You may get ejector air on an Intamin but their restraint systems are painful! Tell me one Intamin that has decent restraints that don't staple you.

Wicked Twister, Millenium Force, TTD.

I've never had any problems with those...

• Like 3

You can't base your predictions on footer shapes. The innovators at Intamin are always changing things for the better while other manufactures stay with the same designs. Look at track, b&m has one track style. Intamin has box, double spine, triangle, etc.

7299432394_a93ccea7cc_b.jpgtumblr_m7c4o7kZWA1r1e3nno1_1280.jpg

Part of my evidence. Intamin circular footers.

Game, set, match...

The footers for Ride of Steel all line up directly under the track like a connect-the-dots puzzle. Are you honestly saying that's what you see at the KI2014 construction site?

You can't base your predictions on footer shapes. The innovators at Intamin are always changing things for the better while other manufactures stay with the same designs. Look at track, b&m has one track style. Intamin has box, double spine, triangle, etc.

You're the one that brought up the shape of the footers when you pointed out the circular ones on RoS and said "Game, set, match..."

• Like 2

What I am saying is who knows what Intamin plans.

There is more area in a square thus more concrete for the footers.

Circles has less area thus less concrete.

Maybe intamin was over budget a tad and changed to circular footers or they are introducing a new track design.

Or the customer said they wanted circular footers for aesthetic pourposes.

• Like 1

I think this is no doubt a B&M, you don't have to look at any of the footers to figure that out. Cedar Fair themselves stated they had given B&M another job, and with Diamondback being such a hit at KI, and we are the only ones with construction..

• Like 1

Anyone claiming they absolutely know without a doubt this is going to be designed by Intamin should really check their logic. That is a very bold claim. Making a prediction you believe to be completely accurate at this stage in the project's life is not unlike saying you know without a doubt who will be elected President in 2016. The truth is that no one knows except for a select few. Please accept that and move on. We are really beating a dead horse here.

• Like 1

I, being in Pennsylvania, followed Skyrush's construction very closely. In fact, it was the first coaster's construction that I had followed in detail. I remember that Intamin's footers did not possess the oval shape holes we are seeing here with the KI 2014 construction site. Actually, they were square holes, as shown here: http://rcdb.com/10089.htm?p=37662

Seeing footers for B&M installations such as Goliath makes it pretty much a given that it's going to be a B&M, especially since some of Intamin's newest footers (I305 and Skyrush) are not even close, in terms of holes, to what we're seeing at the construction site here.

• Like 3

When you take time to find pictures to prove a point that clearly has nothing to do with what the person you are replying to is talking about, you are trolling. The shape of the footer is irrelevant to the discussion. They are talking about the holes in the footers. This is a B&M coaster. That much is certain.

• Like 1

When you take time to find pictures to prove a point that clearly has nothing to do with what the person you are replying to is talking about, you are trolling. The shape of the footer is irrelevant to the discussion. They are talking about the holes in the footers. This is a B&M coaster. That much is certain.

Personally I would think that a person trolling would not take time to do research...

I'll probably be going to ERT tomorrow and will take more pictures of construction.

Just wondering, is ERT 30 minutes before opening or an hour before opening this year? Because I could've sworn last year it was an hour but I'm not sure.

Check, please....

Your bill comes to $20-$35 million. plus 6.5% tax is... $21.3-$37.275 million. Will that be cash, check or credit/debit card? We are also currently offering layaway!

Thank You for your purchase and hope to see you again at (insert name of coaster company here)! :D

• Like 4

^$37.275 million is a lotta roller coaster. Or at the very least, a lotta theming...even most big Hyper & Giga Coasters usually run around $25,000,000-$30,000,000 or so.

You could buy a HUSS Giant Frisbee, ProSlide Mammoth Water Coaster, and a decent-sized wooden coaster all for that price...and possibly have some money left over depending on how much you spent on the roller coaster! :P

Yet ironically, there are some coasters that that much still cannot buy- like Steel Dragon 2000 ($50 million) or Expedition Everest ($100 million!).

• Like 2

Who's basing their predictions on footer shapes? You. And while Intamin may be pretty innovative, it's Bolliger and Mabilard that have invented the wing coaster, the floorless coaster, the inverted coaster, and basically rules the hyped coaster.