Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Maybe its the customer's fault.

As soon as xcelerator was designed:

Mr kinzel: I want a ride twice the height at Cedar Point.

Intamin: we would like to gradually move up in speed to perfect the hydraulic launch.

Mr. Kinzel: I will hire someone else.

Intamin: we will do it.

Look at the complexity of rides Cedar Fair buys from intamin. Intamin is the only company that will attempt such projects.

1. Its never the customers fault. If you cant do it, dont say you will.

2. The person/company selling something is 100% responsible

If you are a house builder and the person wants you to build a 10 story house out of only 1x2s and it fails, its your fault. You should have known better than to build an inferior product that you couldnt build correctly.

th_memes-cant-tell-if-troll-or-just-real

• Like 2

Guys, seriously. The Intamin/B&M debate has gone on long enough.

Here's a generic, simplified summary of the issue:

Intamin makes very fun, innovative rides, but they break all the time.

B&M makes very standard, non-creative rides, but they always work from day one.

In recent history, Cedar Fair has had issues with Intamin (Maverick, Shoot the Rapids, I305 have all had delays, problems, or changes done to the ride) while their B&M purchases have worked practically flawlessly (Behemoth, Diamondback, Intimidator, Leviathan, Gatekeeper).

Now, going off that simplified summary, it's easy to make some deductions. This is obviously a steel coaster (If you still have any doubt in your mind, look at some pictures of wooden coasters on rcdb. It's very easy to tell the difference). This is also fairly clearly a large, custom steel coaster, made clear by the large size of the footers and the fact that they are implementing the unique terrain in the valley, rather than terraforming to fit any possible transplanted ride. When it comes to large steel coasters, Cedar Fair purchases almost exclusively from either Intamin or B&M. Cedar Fair has had much more success with B&M purchases as of late, and their relationship business wise is in much better standing. Additionally, within the scope of Kings Island, the last addition (Diamondback) was a B&M and a massive success.

Given all of that information, it's a fairly logical guess to make that this is going to be a B&M. What kind? Who knows yet. But B&M seems to be more reasonable assumption.

Now please, let the silly Intamin/B&M debate die.

• Like 12

You know, I was gonna make a comment, but it's not worth it.

I almost made a comment like this last week, but I decided it wasn't worth it.

- signed,

secondson, who's trying to be a smart alec. ;)

Intamin: we would like to gradually move up in speed to perfect the hydraulic launch.

Look at the complexity of rides Cedar Fair buys from intamin. Intamin is the only company that will attempt such projects.

May I ask...did that exchange actually take place between Kinzel and Intamin?

May I ask...did that exchange actually take place between Kinzel and Intamin?

Pretty sure it didn't, and even if it had...what is their excuse for Shoot the Crapids? Why couldn't they get a log flume to work right?

So it's Kinzel's fault of TTD's early issues, not Intamin?

In turn you are now giving credit to other manufacturers that would not take on a project like TTD and falling victim to a park's virtual impossible demands.

It's nice to see you are now seeing the light.

^ secondson, just wanted to comment on your thoughts here.

- The red outlined area for the second image is the currently known construction area for KI Project 2014.

50zk.jpg

As you can see, a B&M invert is very capable of taking up a lot of land. And don't forget....this is most likely a custom design, which means an invert could very well spread out to fill the red area in the second image, if not extend beyond it.

^ I like that Idea, and I hope they go this route. If they go further than that, they have the chance to make the world's longest Inverted or Floorless in the World. ;)

• Like 1

Intmain: Guyz I will build U a Nice Log Flumez

Cedar Point: YAYYZ

Intmain: Herez u go!!!!

Cedar Point: wait... The boats doesn't fit gooby...

Intmain: Weeps. Sawwie.

This is how STR went down.

• Like 12

Intmain: Guyz I will build U a Nice Log Flumez

Cedar Point: YAYYZ

Intmain: Herez u go!!!!

Cedar Point: wait... The boats doesn't fit gooby...

Intmain: Weeps. Sawwie.

This is how STR went down.

Intmain plz stahp plz

• Like 6

If they go further than that, they have the chance to make the world's longest Inverted or Floorless in the World. ;)

No, CF would never allow that. Only CP can get record breakers.
Why can't people get out of this mentality? Dick Kinzel is gone.
  • Like 7

If they go further than that, they have the chance to make the world's longest Inverted or Floorless in the World. ;)

until it is proven otherwise.

I do believe the bottom of the support has a tab of somesort. I thought I saw this in some Diamondback photos, which would mean the slot is 90 degress of the track direction. This what I am guessing. So don't crucify me.

**edit**

After reviewing some more pics of DB, I am wrong on this.

One last note on the Intamin/B&M debate. Its not that Intamin makes to extreme rides, it is they do not double and triple check. Any company would guarantee that the BOAT fit the track! This is common sense and with a company of this magnitude it is a shame they dont do this.

How much better was Cedar Point's WindSeeker than Kings Island's? How much more did Gatekeeper cost than Leviathan?

The era of Cedar Point favoritism is over. Mr. Ouimet is a wise man, and knows better.

• Like 3

How much better was Cedar Point's WindSeeker than Kings Island's?

Actually, a lot better. The view of Lake Erie is fantastic! But I don't think Mr. Ouimet can do anything about that. :D

• Like 2

I do believe the bottom of the support has a tab of somesort. I thought I saw this in some Diamondback photos, which would mean the slot is 90 degress of the track direction. This what I am guessing. So don't crucify me.

**edit**

After reviewing some more pics of DB, I am wrong on this.

I'm not referring to the track direction. I'm talking about the supports when they are angled, not sticking straight up. This is a crude illustration to help understand what I'm talking about.

Is the support angled perpendicular to the cutout in the footer, like below:

ovun.jpg

Or does the angle run in the same direction as the cutout, as in this image:

5tfd.jpg

• Like 1

I have a question about the holes in these types of footers. Does the elongated shape hold any significance to the direction in which the support is angled?

I have wondered about these holes myself. From what I can tell looking at other coasters is that they seem to pour another bit of concrete on the footer when they place the support. It looks like a concrete shim. I'm thinking that these cutouts are to make the footer and the shim a more cohesive unit. But it's just a guess..