Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Lol it wasn't even about the whole picture posts. It was more about being friendlier to each other. Anyways....

I think if this new project has a spooky theme to it we might be looking at an announcement around opening night of Haunt this year. Wouldn't that make the first night of Haunt that much better? Isn't that right around the time they started doing the "if you buy a season pass for next year you get one free day this year" deal?

Well I have found out the last few months that a free photobucket account only allows for 10 gigabyte of uploads a month. Once you pass that they shut off your pics until the next month rolls around. It normally takes about 15 days anymore for me to hit my limit. So every time you relink those pics it works against that limit. I have thought about deleting a lot of the pics I have in this thread so I would be able to add more but a lot of them are important to the following discussion. I currently have 63 pics in this thread that get viewed enough on here to reach that limit.. Just another reason why quoting with pics is a bad idea.

• Like 7

..which STILL took forever to load on mobile and adds to data used for those who must pay to byte. Why even those three?

But he had a point of sharing the photos. It wasn't like a couple pages back and the would quote 10 photos and say Drop Tower looks tall. He wanted to show that there wont be much work done because of all of the water on the ground. I understand you may be on mobile but maybe if you are short on data you should wait until you get home to check it.

I mean no disrespect to you.

• Like 3

Maybe B&M will finally get what they wanted with the name Banshee. I heard that when they built 'Banshee', Dick Kinzel wanted to cut cost so a lot of features were excluded from the ride (ie brake run at the end would be enclosed with special effects inside). This ****ed off B&M so they 'took a break' from Cedar Fair. Didn't see a B&M till Talon in 2001.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cedar Fair and Intamin took a break. This is just what I heard and looked for backup on the Internet but couldn't find anything.

I'm still trying to tell whether or not they will use those old King Cobra footers.

Would be nice if they supported some type of theme enhancement (lights, water mist), but beyond that I doubt it. Considering how close the new projects footers are to them though it wouldn't surprise me. Seems like it would be a lot easier to remove them to make room for setting the track up if they didn't plan to use them.

Maybe B&M will finally get what they wanted with the name Banshee. I heard that when they built 'Banshee', Dick Kinzel wanted to cut cost so a lot of features were excluded from the ride (ie brake run at the end would be enclosed with special effects inside). This ****ed off B&M so they 'took a break' from Cedar Fair. Didn't see a B&M till Talon in 2001.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cedar Fair and Intamin took a break. This is just what I heard and looked for backup on the Internet but couldn't find anything.

A company would not take a break from a customer. Money is money.

• Like 1

^^ That's for sure....check out AE's special effects. The last time I rode it at night, the last tunnel head red lights and the final lift was nearly dark.....everything else....well, dark.

BTW, since water mist was rusting the track, why not use fog juice?

Why would B&M be mad at Cedar Fair for not putting special effects??? Maybe if the layout was changed to save money, yes, I would see why, but special effects....really?!?! :blink:

• Like 1

@KingsIslandPR: Rain drops keep fallin' on my head, but that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red.

Illinois -- The Enfield Horror
illinois.jpg

On the evening of April 25, 1973, a young boy was playing in his yard in Enfield, Illinois, when a creature attacked him. The monster was described as having three legs, a thick body, arms that came out of its chest, and two red eyes. The creature tore at the boy's feet before the youngster could get away. Soon after, a neighbor saw the same creature and shot at it with a rifle, only to see it bound away at incredible speed. Other townspeople, including a TV newsman, had subsequent encounters with The Beast. A similar creature reportedly attacked people in a nearby town during the 1940s.

(Found on trutv.com in an article about unexplained phenomenon's)

• Like 1

This is way off the "Decoding 2014" Topic, but do you think after this expansion, the next ride will be in Rivertown. They could tear down the Crypt building and move Madam Fatales to the Kings Island theater.It just sprung in my head that each section got somethig new in the previous years. I dont have a clue just looking into the future.